What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Wests Tigers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 3: Newcastle v Wests Tigers

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilGould

Bench
1. Tex Hoy
2. Starford To'a
3. Enari Tuala
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti (C)
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Josh King
17. Brodie Jones

18. Gehamat Shibasaki
19. Pasami Saulo
20. Dom Young
21. Simi Sasagi

Silent Knight

First Grade
Lol of course Tubby Leilua is dropped for the game against us. If we whack his brother though, will Tubby come running out onto the field like he's chasing an ice cream truck?

In saying that though, hopefully the team is beyond the point of caring what opposition players are picked, and will just play 100% week-in, week-out.

Burwood

Bench
Sue has been terrific his first two games. He’s actually the opposite of what I was expecting- I thought he’d be making an impact with ball in the hand, but it’s his defensive efforts that have stood out so far. He’s basically been a harder hitting Glasby.

perverse

Referee
Yeah, really starting to look like Best is made of glass. Unfortunate, and typical. Ahh well, it'll be fun watching him carve teams up for 6 or 7 weeks a year I suppose.

Jono078

Referee
Wtf... That's a big loss. Say what you want about the Tigers but Shibasaki and Tuala in defense doesn't fill me with confidence.

K-Man

Bench
Wtf... That's a big loss. Say what you want about the Tigers but Shibasaki and Tuala in defense doesn't fill me with confidence.

So disappointing about Best. In terms of our edge defence though it’s Toa that worries me the most. I thought he was a massive liability last week and we got away with it, but I don’t trust him at all to make the right decisions under pressure. In fact I have to say he’s gone under the radar generally as I’m not sure what he’s ever done in first grade, I don’t see much there.

Tuala back over to the left, Shibisaki on the right. I’ve got faith in them defensively. The attack is another story though. We will really miss Best.

Burwood

Bench
Yeah, really starting to look like Best is made of glass. Unfortunate, and typical. Ahh well, it'll be fun watching him carve teams up for 6 or 7 weeks a year I suppose.

Could be an argument for not bringing kids on too early in their career. Same thing happened with the young Australian fast bowlers 6-7 years ago when they were constantly getting stress fractures etc. Best might be built like a man, but he is still only 19 and his body has a lot of maturing to do.

PhilGould

Bench
Attack is the concern. Very little strike power in our back 5 until Ponga gets back at least. More pressure on our forwards to dominate (which they should) and Pearce to run the show in attack (less confident).

Latest posts