What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs St Geo Illa @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Newcastle v St Geo Illa

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Obi’s bench use has to be questioned again. Why name Green in the bench and not use him when we could use some direction and class finish to our sets.
Yeah, real head scratcher that one. We could use him out there right now.

K-Man

Bench
Unbelievable. Seriously, what is wrong with our brains? You could see Watson messing up that play the ball for about 5 minutes, he never once looked in control and he went for it anyway. HOLD. THE. BALL.

Jono078

Referee
Beating ourselves again. If it just continues all match again like last week, I give up. It's hard to say given our injuries, but it feels like we've gone backwards this year.
I think it’s unfair to say we’ve gone backwards. Injuries do have an impact.

At least we’ve been competitive for every minute this year, that alone makes it an improvement on last year.

I expect a big response in the second half, even without Pearce.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Green wasn’t meant to get much game time (all going well) today due to a lack of game fitness. Pretty sure he will play most of the 2nd half now though.

K-Man

Bench
Hoy gone. What are we thinking now, an 11-point loss? Back to back home games with added meaning, against two average teams, it's so Newcastle.

We've gone for the keep it simple game plan and we're still making a million errors. It's so much worse when the mistakes happen when you're not even trying to play any football.

Jono078

Referee
Hoy gone. What are we thinking now, an 11-point loss? Back to back home games with added meaning, against two average teams, it's so Newcastle.

We've gone for the keep it simple game plan and we're still making a million errors. It's so much worse when the mistakes happen when you're not even trying to play any football.
Perfect post.

Mann or Watson to fullback?

slotmachine

First Grade
Pray Brailey doesn't get hurt.
Green and KP will be an upgrade on hoy and Pearce, but Brailey is irreplaceable

Mann kicking nicely so far, no worse than Pearce.

Jono078

Referee
You know what, I'm convinced we sold our soul to win that 01 comp, it's been nothing but shit since then.

Hopefully it was only a 20 year deal and we'll finally be released from it next year.

perverse

Referee
I think it’s unfair to say we’ve gone backwards. Injuries do have an impact.

At least we’ve been competitive for every minute this year, that alone makes it an improvement on last year.

I expect a big response in the second half, even without Pearce.
We've played some really ordinary opposition, too. How many points do you think the Panthers, Eels, Canberra, Bunnies put on us in our current "form"?

We're going to need a lot more from Green this year than we thought we already needed. A lot of hope to be pinning on a 34 year old bloke coming back from a knee reconstruction.

Latest posts