What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Given the conditions I’m not expecting KP at his best but I want to see him at least be committed on both sides of the ball.
He doesn't have to be at his best but I certainly expect him to have a bigger impact.

It's like doesn't realise he could be the biggest decoy/option in the game if he just positioned himself out wide rather than standing in behind the ruck, behind the dummy-half. As soon as teams see that they know he's little chance of being a threat in that play. He REALLY needs to get that out of his game.

A roaming Ponga spreads the defence and allows others in our team to shine.

Yosh

Coach
I seriously hope we don't play like last week. Regardless of the rain, I hope we go out to win instead of going out there not to lose.

K-Man

Bench
I seriously hope we don't play like last week. Regardless of the rain, I hope we go out to win instead of going out there not to lose.
Same here. Not sure if I've ever been more disappointed by a pre-match interview than AOB's last week. He practically conceded the game plan was to play wet weather footy (in the dry mind you) and 'play the percentages' (read: Jake please don't actually create any nightmares for the opposition with your soaring bombs and instead keep it nice and low and safe for everyone involved). Five minutes into the game it was obvious you could still play some good football out there, offload, shift it wide, etc. Yes the Sharks were much better than us in all facets, but mentality had to play a role. They looked unencumbered by the notion of poor conditions, they simply went out there to win the game. I was embarrassed by our performance, it wasn't safety first and smart, it was just plain insipid.

K-Man

Bench
Also how are we favourites for this? No Turbo is obviously huge, but I don't know, my money would not be on the Knights after last week.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Also how are we favourites for this? No Turbo is obviously huge, but I don't know, my money would not be on the Knights after last week.
On the up side, Manly at $2.00 is good value if you fancy covering yourself for the inevitable disappointment that we’re likely to receive.

Yosh

Coach
I think we were $2.90 on Monday before the Turbo news. Guess too many people jumped on that!

mozza91

Coach
We were very good Round 1-3 and Manly were terrible. But after last week and with all our injuries it should be pretty even head to head.

thenrlphinsider

Juniors
I read online (@ReadingthePlay on Twitter) that Tyson Frizell is in some doubt, as is Kalyn Ponga. Any insight on that from the Knights fans?

thenrlphinsider

Juniors
Ponga is playing. Last I heard Frizell Will too.
Many thanks, mozza91. It is definitely one to keep an ear to the ground on prior to kick off. I am taking Newcastle if they're both playing, though will probably lean to Manly if one or both are out.

Good luck!

Jono078

Referee
Always hard to tell from warmups but our guys look focused, especially DSaf. He was roaring like a lion to the team