What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Manly @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Newcastle v Manly

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
From what I have seen from Bailey in Cup, he’s stronger than he looks but not as illusive as I thought he would be.
He’s seriously quick I remember watching him in pre season training last year and he moved beautifully. A few leg injuries might’ve cost him some speed.

Jono078

Referee
Manly have looked pretty average this year and Trbo is obviously a big loss.

This week will be all about attitude and who wants it more. Even if Ponga is out I'd feel alright about us doing ok in this one.

Our edge forwards are a huge concern though.

macavity

Referee
Manly have looked pretty average this year and Trbo is obviously a big loss.

This week will be all about attitude and who wants it more. Even if Ponga is out I'd feel alright about us doing ok in this one.

Our edge forwards are a huge concern though.

if Frizz is out we are running out a back row that is basically the back ups of the back ups.

Yosh

Coach
Random comment but how good has our defense been? I'm not talking about the points we concede but the system looks fantastic. We are jamming up hard and the cover defense, the scramble defense is the best I have seen from the Knights maybe ever. We look similar (not there yet) to peak Storm and Roosters in defense. If we keep this yup, we will easily make the 8 this year.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Dom Young
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Enari Tuala
6. Jake Clifford
7. Adam Clune
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Chris Randall
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Brodie Jones
13. Kurt Mann

14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Sauaso Sue
16. Leo Thompson
17. Jirah Momoisea

18. Simi Sasagi
19. Pasami Saulo
20. Tex Hoy
21. Edrick Lee
22. Jaron Purcell
23. Dylan Lucas
24. Brayden Musgrove

Jono078

Referee
Providing Ponga and Frizell are fit and play that’s as good a side that we have available
It's also the same team as last week - which can be scary, but surely they wouldn't put in back-to-back performances like that.

Old dog

Juniors
Yes but run on side is better, think it will be better for Thompson to come on later and we can get as many minutes as possible out of the Safs

Hmm... that Manly side looks fairly ordinary on paper at least when compared opposite ours. Add that to the fact that we've generally looked better than Manly this year and we're at home, this should be a very winnable game IF they "have a go".

I'm talking to you Saifitis and Ponga.

Yosh

Coach
AOB just about guaranteed it on nbn news.

Ponga’s knee was strapped but must be good to go and hopefully feeling better than last week.

He literally can't be worse than last week so there's a positive.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Given the conditions I’m not expecting KP at his best but I want to see him at least be committed on both sides of the ball.