What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Broncos @ Central Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Knights v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't been this frustrated with Pearce since Origin pre-2019. He has all the time in the world to make his play and he can't execute. Ponga looks scared to pass right. Mann our best in the spine again which is just wrong.

Yosh

Coach
Are we a good team? Most definitely.

Are we one of the better teams? I think so.

Are we one of the best teams in the comp? Far from it. We should have scored 3-4 tries while they were a man down. Looked dominant but Andrew forgot he switched teams and we ended up with nothing.

However, the Saifiti Brothers are the best props in the game. I'm personally a fan of Haas and TPJ but I would have the two Saifitis over them any day of the week.

Spot On

Coach
Crushing them in the ruck, getting a fair crack by the refs, superior side in every way...and where is our spine?

The club needs to seriously think about the next contract Pearce is offered.

Why the f**k are we so flat in attack. May as well stand in front of each other. Dumb. Surely that is not the game plan, to stand so flat when we have the ball?

Enari is sorely missed on that right edge. Bloke has been unbelievable for us in defence.

PhilGould

Bench
Middles and outside backs making great yardage, bu we still look flat and disorganised on backline movements most of the time.

Brisbane don't have much going on in attack so should still win comfortably.

Spot On

Coach
Are we a good team? Most definitely.

Are we one of the better teams? I think so.

Are we one of the best teams in the comp? Far from it. We should have scored 3-4 tries while they were a man down. Looked dominant but Andrew forgot he switched teams and we ended up with nothing.

However, the Saifiti Brothers are the best props in the game. I'm personally a fan of Haas and TPJ but I would have the two Saifitis over them any day of the week.

We are close to the dumbest - in terms of footy smarts.

Isaako gets sent off, there were two defenders to the right of the posts and we turn the ball left???? WTF???

K-Man

Bench
These are the games a top halfback is supposed to control. Ours is keeping the opposition in the game imo. Not impressed.

It’s true. Pearce has never been an instinctive half like the greats. He’s a hard worker with occasional polish, but you can see he’s not comfortable playing off the cuff and he often reverts to what he knows, the simple kicks, the rehearsed plays etc. I wish he was better at playing what he sees.

K-Man

Bench
Just need to get some nice fluent shifts happening in attack after the good build up. We seem obsessed with “sticking to the plan” - whether it’s an inside ball, set play on tackle 4 or whatever. We could cut them to ribbons if we just looked up at numbers and got Ponga in the right positions.

aqua_duck

Coach
It’s true. Pearce has never been an instinctive half like the greats. He’s a hard worker with occasional polish, but you can see he’s not comfortable playing off the cuff and he often reverts to what he knows, the simple kicks, the rehearsed plays etc. I wish he was better at playing what he sees.
My theory on Pearce is he's been coached so closely since a young as that he's almost to robotic, the more instinctive halves tend to be guys who are abit more left field

K-Man

Bench
We are close to the dumbest - in terms of footy smarts.

Isaako gets sent off, there were two defenders to the right of the posts and we turn the ball left???? WTF???

That was laughable. It speaks to our method which is great when you need to grind, but sometimes you need to simply look up and play footy. Stop worrying about the training and the plans.

Yosh

Coach
How good are the Saifitis. Dominating that middle there. Guerra looked tired after one run but good to see him out there. Quality bloke but needs to retire.

Not sure if this will be a popular opinion but Shibasaki looks the goods out there. Some good runs but defensively isn't giving them an inch. That try saver, the semi intercept. He is marking Darius though...

Best looks the perfect combination of speed and power and smarts. TPJ tried to run over him a couple of times but Best just smothered him each time.

Pearce looks like he is playing as a rookie halfback. Nothing too terrible but not one piece of class at all. Ponga seems quiet but he only needs half a second to explode so not too worried.

blue bags

First Grade
That was laughable. It speaks to our method which is great when you need to grind, but sometimes you need to simply look up and play footy. Stop worrying about the training and the plans.
touch footy , for fun