What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Parramatta @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

Who will win? Round 6: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
Probably the smallest post game comment’s I’ve seen on here, I think we are all over it and realise our destiny this season is not a happy one:(

There are no easy teams for us, because we are that team.

I didn't watch the game, heard the score and waited until this morning to watch the highlights, then read the above comments.

Tries from kicks and thought, where's the fullback?
Tigers tries, some good passes from the 6 & 7 to the outside backs was a good sign, but 4 good passes each do not make a season correct? or were there many good passes from the 6 & 7?
I see that Api missed a conversion, where was Brooks?

As I said, didn't watch the game but are the Foxsports stat correct? 56% of possession to the Tigers, 1645 run metres v 1186 (shows you that it's what you do with those metres that's more important), tackle busts 32 v 14 to the Tigers, actually, that's enough, it's depressing.

Assume the ins will be Wakeham to 7 and the goal kicker. Talah to replace Naden, well that's for next weeks training run anyway.

Front-Rower

First Grade
or were there many good passes from the 6 & 7?
The passing and direction in the first 60 minutes was atrocious. The backs didn’t know where to go, when they did have half an idea, the passing was then in slow motion or out in front/behind them. The only bright sparks in attack were Bateman and API. Don’t buy into the Brooks had a good game line.

I’ll add that Kepoa isn’t first grade material.

Pezz70

Juniors
The passing and direction in the first 60 minutes was atrocious. The backs didn’t know where to go, when they did have half an idea, the passing was then in slow motion or out in front/behind them. The only bright sparks in attack were Bateman and API. Don’t buy into the Brooks had a good game line.

I’ll add that Kepoa isn’t first grade material.
I think Kepaoa will end up ok. He has got size, isn’t slow, he did more good than bad yesty, trouble is his bad was pretty bad, give him this season if he can get the shit out of his game and he’ll be ok. He is only a kid (23)

simmo1

First Grade
We looked so much better playing through the middle off the back of Api & Staines. I'd start Bateman at lock and base the attack off these three. I don't want to see anyone get injured, but the team will be better off without Doueihi who plays far too sideways.

I thought Kepaoa has been OK this year given his role seems to change every game. A much better player than Toa. I still can't believe they released Maumalo.

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon you may actually go better with Doueihi out of the halves. He can play but he reminds me of Matterson before he was told he wasn’t a 6.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Kepaoa will end up ok. He has got size, isn’t slow, he did more good than bad yesty, trouble is his bad was pretty bad, give him this season if he can get the shit out of his game and he’ll be ok. He is only a kid (23)
Low IQ not fixable ..Cameron Murray was a captain at 24

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Tigers will take a lot of confidence out of hanging in there with Parra

Moses showing he is worth every penny

loved the little shoosh at the crowd
Yea but it’s a learners shoosh ie lots of little ones .. The real champs do one shoosh and hold it

Every penny is right..minimal pressure against the spooners

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks was on restricted duty’s yesterday.. “Just pass the ball!”
Until the last seconds of the game when he demanded a penalty from the ref for a parra player taking a voluntary tackle ..Haha So funny !

I was one of the idiots who watched the game yesterday.

Bateman was enormous. For an edge forward he does a mountain of work and is definitely not afraid to get in the middle and roll his sleeves up. He looks dangerous most times he has the ball.

Api was great once again and we did look good when he got out of dummy half and started running an angle and was faking to inside runners before handing off to the 3/4s. Off the back of this was the only time we looked good in attack. The rest of the team still hasn't gotten close to working out the subtleties of Api's game yet which is a worry.

Junior tupou is worth persisting with on the wing. He's got an awful lot of mistakes in him but busts tackles consistently. Reminds me of when we had koribete and JAC and didn't persist with them only to see other teams reap the rewards with a bit of patience. We shouldn't make that mistake again.

The bottom line is we don't play as a team. There is absolutely bugger all support of the ball runner so when a half chance is created we're already at least a step too slow to capitalise on it. We're way behind every other team in this seemingly basic aspect of the game. I for one appreciate Api's honesty when he was asked about the attack and said he couldn't believe how bad it is.

While it turned out close the game was effectively over at half time. Parra were only so so but we love to beat ourselves in the first half of just about every game.

Das Hassler

Bench
There is absolutely bugger all support of the ball runner so when a half chance is created we're already at least a step too slow to capitalise on it. We're way behind every other team in this seemingly basic aspect of the game

For sure....just one example that had me throw my arms up was in the first half when Staines supported up the middle and started stepping right looking for someone to run at a gap.... there was no one within 10 metres of him and all standing flatfooted. There was enough there after that game to keep me interested though....as someone mentioned..probably the absolute wrong time for the bye.
Also....'appy with Api and Bateman....Paps needs to lift ...he's on cruise

there was no one within 10 metres of him
I still think only Laurie has the foresight to see and therefore, be there.
I enjoyed watching Jayden Campbell for the Titans on the weekend, he's small with a big heart, Laurie is small and does put his body on the line.

Kepaoa in 5 rounds has played started from the bench (Rd 1) 2nd row Rds 2 & 3) centre (Rd 4) & wing (Rd 5).
I think he'd be best now playing in the centres and let Staines learn how to catch a ball from the wing.

Where's Nofa though? Not on the injured list, didn't play in reserves, perhaps went to Melbourne for the weekend.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Low IQ not fixable ..Cameron Murray was a captain at 24
Hardly a comparison, an outside back v a middle forward. Not to mention CM probably in the elite class v a potential regular first grader. 30 years ago a lot of these regular NRL guys wouldn’t have been out of the u23’s or reserve grade. I think there’s a fair amount of boys come through before they’re ready, some can handle it, but they are few and far between. The ones that do better always come through the good systems.