What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t think we’ll worry too much about Nofo running across field any more ok

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
You have to ask yourself, where was this performance earlier on.

If they click like this every week, we will win more than we lose.
Agree, it's frustrating to know that the side can do it, but for some reason just can’t/won’t do it consistently, the players have no excuses to not stay at this level.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
that's the most enjoyable tigers game I can remember watching in a long time.

That was one of our best games ever. Up against it. 5 losses on the trot and expecting to get done by 50. We end up right in the contest and get several chances to win it at the end and bomb them all. Then in the dying minute Hastings kicks the drop goal for the win.

It was huge.

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree, it's frustrating to know that the side can do it, but for some reason just can’t/won’t do it consistently, the players have no excuses to not stay at this level.

I reckon some of it is coaching. Some of it is having a dud spine. Hastings makes a massive difference.

I'm not saying get rid of Madge because we outperformed for once yesterday. I have no problems with Madge because we haven't stuffed our cap under him and I reckon he inherited a mess. He also recruited Hastings and made Hastings the main play maker in the middle yesterday. Maybe that was too late but Hastings has been suspended for 3 games.

My take on Parramatta is that the media love them, they are the media darling for some reason, there 75th anniversary celebration this week seemed to of got hijacked by the Parramatta trajics blind faith, that the comp is virtually theirs this year to lose, regardless of how good the riff or storm etc. may be playing.The WT yesterday did Parra a favour and showed them they still have a bit of work to be done before the premiership drought will be broken.

WA Tiger

Bench
I reckon Madge has finally thinking outside the square. He is I think seeing the merits of dropping players moving players around and trying things out. I mean Brooks trained at Hooker, Garner at centre. This is completely new for Madge. Maybe it’s as a result of himself staring at being dropped. Although if he’s going to keep leaving it untill the last minute or until it’s too late we have yet to see. It not about the cap.

Maumo was dropped and then played but you could see Madge had put a rocket up him. His runs were fearless and important.
I also think Madge is maybe seeing the importance of working relationships with players. He backed Roberts to the hilt with the after hours gambling headlines and Jacko mentioned the teams affection for Madge as part of the motivation.

I was impressed with the fearless passing from the team even under massive pressure. Starting with Hastings bullet passes, long and short.

Last edited:
  • Dally M votes: 3 - Jackson Hastings, 2 - David Nofoaluma, 1 - Mitchell Moses. Judge: Greg Inglis.

Thought a forward deserved the 2 points - forwards lay the foundation. Best game Tamou has had since well many years. Luc for me followed by Twal & Musgrove.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
  • Dally M votes: 3 - Jackson Hastings, 2 - David Nofoaluma, 1 - Mitchell Moses. Judge: Greg Inglis.

Thought a forward deserved the 2 points - forwards lay the foundation. Best game Tamou has had since well many years. Luc for me followed by Twal & Musgrove.

Inglis is off his dial.

I'd say that was Twal's best game for the club. Nearly 50 tackles (off the bench too). He had heaps of runs, and most satisfyingly, finally added some offloads and shifts of the ball to his game. He was outstanding.

Oh man, I'm still in DreamLand. What a win! Best in god knows how long.

Hastings is such a difference for us. He was touching the ball almost every tackle in possession, even getting into dummy half and just leading the team around. Brooks looked so much better not having to worry about any of that stuff. So far Hastings has been a great signing and just what we needed.

Let's enjoy it whilst it last, folks!

Tiger Ted

Bench
You have to ask yourself, where was this performance earlier on.

If they click like this every week, we will win more than we lose.
Y’days win reinforced the indisputable necessity of having a halfback with a rugby league IQ > a single digit.If brooks was halfback we would’ve lost by 30.Extremely likely that Hastings would’ve iced the warriors & titans games & we’d b currently sitting in the 8.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Tamau just as difficult to listen to in the post match interview. Madge as well. Just be honest instead of the usual I’m just happy for the players and it’s all about what we do at practice crap
Absolutely nauseating listening to them & even more so the halfwit chairman with his delusional inane garbage re Maguire proving he can coach yday.The dopey chairman has selectively forgotten the 3 yrs & 5 rounds of abject mediocrity prior to ydays win.I hope for everyone’s sake yday was a huge turning point however history plus intuition tell me it won’t be.

Blight on the Game:

The Tigers may have set a record in their thrilling last-gasp 21-20 win over the Eels at CommBank Stadium yesterday.

On a weekend dominated by set restarts, the Tigers didn't get a single 'six again' call from referee Chris Butler.

The set restart is a game changer - the Eels got four to the Tigers' nil yet the Tigers held on for an epic victory.

It's unusual for a team not to get a single set re-start in 80 minutes - and unheard of for that team to go on and win.

The lop-sided count adds weight to claims by Cowboys coach Todd Payten and his Titans counterpart Justin Holbrook in recent weeks that the 'big' clubs get the rub of the green from referees.

Full marks to the Tigers on a courageous win - they also lost the penalty count 6-4, went into the game as rank outsiders but refused to toss in the towel.

Can only assume all those saints playing at Parra went to church on Sunday.

The Rosco

Bench
Just treated myself to the full replay. Some thoughts:
Moses and Matterson are cats.
Gutho and whichever Brown you want, are also cats. Nathan is a rare combination of both a dog, and a cat.
Simonson is quickly showing cat tendencies, and I never though I'd see a cat in headgear, but then up pops Mahoney.
While we were guilty of slowing the ruck ( and got pinged a bajillion times ), Parra were just as guilty. They flopped a 3rd man in so often that Cam Smith would have had a tear in his eye. And never got pinged.
And with all the technology we have at our fingertips, why can't we choose to watch say a 25 minute highlights package of just Parra fans in the stands. I don't care if it focuses on when we score ( so you can salivate at the drop-jawed bewildered looks on their faces ), or just after they score so we can see the unbounded frenzy of jubilation that will soon be shoved up their collective arses.
The best thing was the totally balanced, calm and unbiased commentating from Pennis and Ginnane. The way they treat both teams exactly the same is very hard to do in the heat of the moment, and is proof positive of their total and utter professionalism and neutrality.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Just treated myself to the full replay. Some thoughts:
Moses and Matterson are cats.
Gutho and whichever Brown you want, are also cats. Nathan is a rare combination of both a dog, and a cat.
Simonson is quickly showing cat tendencies, and I never though I'd see a cat in headgear, but then up pops Mahoney.
While we were guilty of slowing the ruck ( and got pinged a bajillion times ), Parra were just as guilty. They flopped a 3rd man in so often that Cam Smith would have had a tear in his eye. And never got pinged.
And with all the technology we have at our fingertips, why can't we choose to watch say a 25 minute highlights package of just Parra fans in the stands. I don't care if it focuses on when we score ( so you can salivate at the drop-jawed bewildered looks on their faces ), or just after they score so we can see the unbounded frenzy of jubilation that will soon be shoved up their collective arses.
The best thing was the totally balanced, calm and unbiased commentating from Pennis and Ginnane. The way they treat both teams exactly the same is very hard to do in the heat of the moment, and is proof positive of their total and utter professionalism and neutrality.

Ennis loathes us for some reason so must have taken that loss hard. I can't stand the prick.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yes, the surprised/amazed/confused faces of the Parra crowd after we scored was nearly as good as the tries themselves😂
The commentating, like the refereeing was abysmal.

soc123_au

Staff member
How the f**k does the half from a team that won the penalties, 6 agains, field position and run metres yet still loose the game even get a look in amongst the 3 best players on the field? Perfectly groomed slope, freshly waxed skis and the merkin still face plants.

Last edited by a moderator:

WA Tiger

Bench
Absolutely nauseating listening to them & even more so the halfwit chairman with his delusional inane garbage re Maguire proving he can coach yday.The dopey chairman has selectively forgotten the 3 yrs & 5 rounds of abject mediocrity prior to ydays win.I hope for everyone’s sake yday was a huge turning point however history plus intuition tell me it won’t be.
I’ll have to see that one ..I did get a bit generous with Madge’s performance but yes Ted thanks for stopping me getting carried away. That win was probably a good bye present from the team. I mean I would demand a new coach just so we don’t have to watch Madge at the presser talking shit and also a Captain who looks and sounds utterly petrified of Madge..maybe that’s just him or maybe things havnt changed.

Latest posts