What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Parramatta @ CommBank Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
That chip kick to Nofo for a try deserves a mention. It was like hang on we can’t do that. You have to be a pretty cool cat who’s got a game to even see that and then try it. Minimum effort and max pain.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
  • Dally M votes: 3 - Jackson Hastings, 2 - David Nofoaluma, 1 - Mitchell Moses. Judge: Greg Inglis.

Thought a forward deserved the 2 points - forwards lay the foundation. Best game Tamou has had since well many years. Luc for me followed by Twal & Musgrove.

Judges have been caught not even watching the game, so don't read much into it. Your are correct that our forwards were certainly deserving of points.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Such an awesome win, but where does this performance come from? It can't just be the positional changes. The whole team just looked slicker in attack and committed in defence. Hastings will (rightly) get a lot of the plaudits, but I thought Twal was our best today - he was imense.

We did a similar performance v Souths last year only to shit the bed the following week. I just hope the same won't happen again.
Difference was we lost that game in heartbreak during golden point (you still cannot convince me that Burgess had control of that ball). A win is a funny thing. Confidence, joy, happiness. Bottle those post-match images and plaster it around the sheds.

Tigers1986

Juniors
  • Dally M votes: 3 - Jackson Hastings, 2 - David Nofoaluma, 1 - Mitchell Moses. Judge: Greg Inglis.

Thought a forward deserved the 2 points - forwards lay the foundation. Best game Tamou has had since well many years. Luc for me followed by Twal & Musgrove.
Inglis lol.

How did Twal, Tamou, To'a, Laurie not get towards that 1 point? Moses shit himself and failed in a big moment.

The Rosco

Bench
Inglis lol.

How did Twal, Tamou, To'a, Laurie not get towards that 1 point? Moses shit himself and failed in a big moment.
Yep.
In a beaten team, Moses played like he was the reason for them being beaten.
Come to think of it . . . . .
Edit: That's probably a bit unfair on Mitchy Witchy. He does kick well, and played good as well.
So let's just leave it at " the reason Parra lost is because of poor goal kicking by Moses, and his inabilty to not choke when slotting an easy field goal to ice the game"

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Fked if I know if Twal should have got 2 points or mom. Fact is Inglis is a back so prob he’s going to appreciate the finer points of back play more. For me,and for what it’s worth,Twal stood out like dogs balls with his damaging runs, compared to what Ive seen from him previously and compared to the rest of the forward pack. So he prob deserved a mention? Others who stood out and dwarfed their passed performances included Brooks, Laurie, Maimalo, I can’t say Nofo because that was just business as usual for him.

Everyone will have different opinions but when those performances from all those players and the rest, are business as usual, then weve got a team and should stroll into the top 8. If we get dicked by south’s none of that 1,2,3 will matter.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Fked if I know if Twal should have got 2 points or mom. Fact is Inglis is a back so prob he’s going to appreciate the finer points of back play more. For me,and for what it’s worth,Twal stood out like dogs balls with his damaging runs, compared to what Ive seen from him previously and compared to the rest of the forward pack. So he prob deserved a mention? Others who stood out and dwarfed their passed performances included Brooks, Laurie, Maimalo, I can’t say Nofo because that was just business as usual for him.

Everyone will have different opinions but when those performances from all those players and the rest, are business as usual, then weve got a team and should stroll into the top 8. If we get dicked by south’s none of that 1,2,3 will matter.
We won’t b strolling into the 8 anytime soon but if AD returns soon enough he & JH are capable of leading the team to enough wins in back half of comp for us to sneak into 8.Its essential that we backup the fabulous victory on Easter Monday with a similar effort against souths.

Afternoon all. I don't post a lot on here, so nobody will really know me, mostly due to the sheer amount of anger this team has given me over recent times. I do read a lot of the posts though, and know we all been feeling some messed up pain over recent debacles. That said, I couldn't see myself supporting another side, pretty much hate everyone for some reason or another, except this mob, so am stuck with them regardless what happens.

I did want to relay a little story though, which I hope will give as much pleasure as it has given me. My brother is a mad eels fan, which gives me enough ammo over their lack of success for the last 36 yrs and obvious countless chokes, but he has really been ripping into me, last year and this year been tough. Anyway, we had a bet on Monday's game. He said not only will eels belt us, but tigers will not cross the line once in the game. Well, we all know the outcome. End result, he now has to wear one of my tigers jerseys on our 2 day punting weekend, for the whole weekend. From the minute we arrive at our destination, the jersey will be on. Cannot take it off (when he is in public) until we are getting in the car to come home 2 days later. We're talking pubs, restaurants, cafes, wherever the hell he normally likes to go. Aside from 2005, possibly my greatest triumph as a tigers supporter.

And the cream on top of this tasty little story, I had Leilua as first try scorer at $41.

That is all, just really had to share in the hope it will also brighten other suffering supporters.

Added: now all i need to do is learn how to remove my name and find a cool nickname!! Note I started with "I don't post a lot" o_O

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We won’t b strolling into the 8 anytime soon but if AD returns soon enough he & JH are capable of leading the team to enough wins in back half of comp for us to sneak into 8.Its essential that we backup the fabulous victory on Easter Monday with a similar effort against souths.
Haha yes of course..outrageous comment right..who would know who to bet on, or how much to bet against south’s but.
We may have Jesus playing at half back now (excuse me Christian’s) and about time.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Afternoon all. I don't post a lot on here, so nobody will really know me, mostly due to the sheer amount of anger this team has given me over recent times. I do read a lot of the posts though, and know we all been feeling some messed up pain over recent debacles. That said, I couldn't see myself supporting another side, pretty much hate everyone for some reason or another, except this mob, so am stuck with them regardless what happens.

I did want to relay a little story though, which I hope will give as much pleasure as it has given me. My brother is a mad eels fan, which gives me enough ammo over their lack of success for the last 36 yrs and obvious countless chokes, but he has really been ripping into me, last year and this year been tough. Anyway, we had a bet on Monday's game. He said not only will eels belt us, but tigers will not cross the line once in the game. Well, we all know the outcome. End result, he now has to wear one of my tigers jerseys on our 2 day punting weekend, for the whole weekend. From the minute we arrive at our destination, the jersey will be on. Cannot take it off (when he is in public) until we are getting in the car to come home 2 days later. We're talking pubs, restaurants, cafes, wherever the hell he normally likes to go. Aside from 2005, possibly my greatest triumph as a tigers supporter.

And the cream on top of this tasty little story, I had Leilua as first try scorer at $41.

That is all, just really had to share in the hope it will also brighten other suffering supporters.

Added: now all i need to do is learn how to remove my name and find a cool nickname!! Note I started with "I don't post a lot" o_O
Fabulous story & well deserved win re Leilua 1st try.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Was Twals best game in first grade IMO

My coach always said 'Backs score the tries, Forwards win matches'

Was Twals best game in first grade IMO

My coach always said 'Backs score the tries, Forwards win matches'
Agree, best I've seen Twal play. Ditto for Tamou, best he's played since arriving with us. Was livid that Maumolo had made his way back into the side, but even he was well above his normal offerings. To'a is who I'm really wanting to see more of. Still haven't worked out where his best spot is, but am liking what I'm seeing so far. At least when he plays I don't have to watch Gildart

The Rosco

Bench

Enjoy the cash. . . Great outcome.
Give it to your brother hell. Treat him like you rented him !
Lots of pictures. Try and take some real sharp and well focussed ones . . . nowadays you can get poster sized enlargements for not much cash.
Good work Justin ( not your real name of course )

stryker

First Grade

Moses lost Parra the game Inglis you spud headed f**knut.
Twal was easily best on field.