What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 6: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
If it was the 80s latrell would cop a beating

It's unbelievable that he gets away with it.

Listen to Madge's press conference. He makes the point that the technology available should have been used. We should have been given a couple of penalties and that might have turned the game.

The refs had too big an impact on that game. It was crap for rugby league. Latrell's behavior is unacceptable as well.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
It's unbelievable that he gets away with it.

Listen to Madge's press conference. He makes the point that the technology available should have been used. We should have been given a couple of penalties and that might have turned the game.

The refs had too big an impact on that game. It was crap for rugby league. Latrell's behavior is unacceptable as well.

Yeah ... but he bought his parents a house remember

LM is a pet of the NRL and CH 9, Fitler and Joey are so far up this blokes ar#e it’s embarrassing, Fitler making out this morning on the Sunday football show that Garner was at fault, shows what an absolute moron this clown coaching NSW is, hopefully any kids watching paid no attention to this idiots comments,Sterling to his credit had to pull the idiot into line twice,to say kicking out is not on or acceptable.

Whatever the individual crimes of Latrell, we should have managed the adversity better.

We took the foot off the accelerator during key moments and paid the ultimate price.

We shouldn’t be finding excuses but press on with an enlightened assessment and ways of avoiding a repeat.

Hopefully the the game will instill a lot of confidence and have a positive mental effect on everyone involved.

If we look at our bellybuttons, we aren’t going to maximise all of the great things we did.

Our best game for ages with massive room for improvement, that’s the take away.

Besides, we are not really entitled to feel too sorry for ourselves given our position on the table and past game surrenders. Consistency is king.

I’m bloody proud of the boys too. Don’t misread me!

The Rosco

Bench
You watch . . . he'll be given a $15000 fine for one offence . . . just to show he is being disciplined . . . and let off for the others. Take you pick which one he gets done for.
Merkin.

You watch . . . he'll be given a $15000 fine for one offence . . . just to show he is being disciplined . . . and let off for the others. Take you pick which one he gets done for.
Merkin.

He could be driven through Campbelltown in stocks while we throw old iPhones at him.

Doesn’t help us.

simmo05

Bench
It was a perfect opportunity for garner to properly belt Mitchell. He would have got 10, but so would Mitchell. And we would have gotten the penalty

Tigerm

First Grade
JUDICIARY REPORT: ROUND 6
PLAYER CHARGE SUSPENSION
Zane Musgrove (Wests Tigers) Grade 1 High Tackle - Careless $1,350 fine
Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs) Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck 3-4 weeks
Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Other $1,600 fine
Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs) Grade 1 Contrary Conduct $1,600 fine
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans) Grade 1 Shoulder Charge 2 weeks
Aiden Tolman (Cronulla Sharks) Grade 1 Crusher Tackle 1-2 weeks
Jack Williams (Cronulla Sharks) Grade 1 Dangerous Throw $1,150 fine
Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters) Grade 2 High Tackle - Careless 2-3 weeks
Paul Momirovski (Penrith Panthers) Grade 2 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck 2-3 weeks

WA Tiger

Bench
We played with one man short for the last 10 and with no help from the refs...(The commentator said “ok yip there’s a 6 again for the tigers...O no it’s not!!” kind of summed it up) So I’m thinking overall we were the better team

Madge has likely woken up to something because of last weeks performance because I couldn’t see yesterday’s performance coming, Not in a million years ..I mean,what was that?How? Where? Same token tho, the players weren't as irretrievably bad as they have been made out to be, were they..

Although why does it have to take so long to make sure only AD does the 5th tackle kicks and why so long to replace Liddle with Simpkins..

I felt for Madge yesterday, That’s a first for me.He needs to bottle whatever he changed coz there’s no doubt he did something different to get the players to want and want together.

I don’t think the fight early on hurt either, but I think they had the right attitude from the start

Last edited:
We played with one man short for the last 10 and with no help from the refs...(The commentator said “ok yip there’s a 6 again for the tigers...O no it’s not!!” kind of summed it up) So I’m thinking overall we were the better team

Madge has likely woken up to something because of last weeks performance because I couldn’t see yesterday’s performance coming, Not in a million years ..I mean, what was that?How? Where? Same token the players weren't as irretrievably bad as they have been made out to be, were they..

Although why does it have to take so long to make sure AD only does the 5th tackle kicks and why so long to replace Liddle with Simpkins..

I felt for Madge yesterday, That’s a first for me.He needs to bottle whatever he changed coz there’s no doubt he did something different to get the players to want and want together.

I don’t think the fight early on hurt but I think they had the right attitude from the start

Yeah, pound for pound, given the power and strength of the bunnies compared to us etc, that was indisputably Madge’s best coaching performance for about 6 years.

That was their grand final side that I think could give a rep side a fair run for their money.

Reflector

Juniors
I despise golden point.

If you're good enough for the game to be tied up at the end of regular time you deserve something from it. It's absolute garbage that a team should have to risk injury to their players for another 10 minutes just to walk away empty handed because somebody on the other team can get a wobbly field goal away.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Another moment that hasn’t been talked about

we knock on...fair game. Mansour picks it up and runs 15 meters, drops it and Sutton calls it back for a tigers knock on. No advantage and south’s score next set

seriously how hard did we get dudded last night?

I despise golden point.

If you're good enough for the game to be tied up at the end of regular time you deserve something from it. It's absolute garbage that a team should have to risk injury to their players for another 10 minutes just to walk away empty handed because somebody on the other team can get a wobbly field goal away.

I agree and somewhat ironically, Bennett was a famous critic of the rule as well!

The “honourable draw” as it is known.