What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Cowboys @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Cowboys v Knights

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
Really?

Hunt farked up for the Cows first try ( only had to man up and it was easily shut down) and Tuala was faced with a 4 on 3 (Hess try) and he nearly stopped that one, just sliding off Opacec who got a beautiful ball to Hess.

Yosh

Coach
I really like what Ese'ese brings to the team. He does have an error in him, both in attack and defense but, he has that little bit of skill and flair. I wish we utilized it more often. Short ball to the other prop etc. Or running a fancier line.

Sione, for all of his flaws also, has a beautiful outside in run into holes that we just don't use enough. I see maybe one every 2 or 3 games. He runs the most beautiful line but he ain't getting no ball.

Apart from Pearce lifting his game, I would love to see more short balls from Ese'ese up the middle and more hole running from Sione over the next month.

Zoidberg

First Grade
As good as Mann is going lately, his passing game is probably something he can improve on. I felt he ran himself a bit too much today, need to get our outsides some early ball sometimes too.

I really like what Ese'ese brings to the team. He does have an error in him, both in attack and defense but, he has that little bit of skill and flair. I wish we utilized it more often. Short ball to the other prop etc. Or running a fancier line.

Sione, for all of his flaws also, has a beautiful outside in run into holes that we just don't use enough. I see maybe one every 2 or 3 games. He runs the most beautiful line but he ain't getting no ball.

Apart from Pearce lifting his game, I would love to see more short balls from Ese'ese up the middle and more hole running from Sione over the next month.
I'd like to see see these guys, and others, work more around the edge. Get them going backwards then play the edges instead of always going wide.

Knight76

Juniors
Mann runs the ball well but defences can pretty much bank on him not passing.

We won the second half but started another game poorly. Have to play for 80 minutes or we are no chance of doing anything in this comp. Hopefully, this loss brings everybody including the fans back down to a more realistic understanding of where we are at.

slotmachine

First Grade

Sione gets heaps of ball, Pearce has put him into plenty of half gaps but he just doesn't break the line. Fitz did more in attack yesterday than Sione has all year.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’ve been struggling to put my finger on it for a long time but I think I’ve finally got it. The most frustrating thing about being a Knights fan is always knowing that there’s a performance like this somewhere around the corner. For every gritty, determined win that we get in any given season there’s always a blowout, error-strewn loss somewhere along the line to match it.

It wouldn’t matter how we were playing and how the other side is playing in the preceding weeks we just always have this kind of insipid performance in us somewhere and it seems like it doesn’t take much for it to rear it’s ugly head.

This game needs to be a line in the sand. We turned up expecting to win and expecting the cowboys to roll over, but we were dealt a pretty hard lesson. This cannot be allowed to happen again this season. Every game and every team must be treated with the same intensity and the same will to win. We’ve got a tough couple of weeks coming up and this will show whether we’re a team that deserves to be taken seriously of whether we’re just another imposter.

Haffa

Sione gets heaps of ball, Pearce has put him into plenty of half gaps but he just doesn't break the line. Fitz did more in attack yesterday than Sione has all year.
Sione offers nothing in attack and his defence is dreadful. When he’s at marker he’s too slow or lazy to chase and he always turns his back on the attack while getting back into the line.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Sione offers nothing in attack and his defence is dreadful. When he’s at marker he’s too slow or lazy to chase and he always turns his back on the attack while getting back into the line.
This.

Retreating backwards is one of the first things you learn. He has been guilty of turning his back for years. It’s embarrassing how players get to this level with these fundamental flaws.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Okay so assuming availability, next week we will see changes.

My feelings.

1 Ponga
2 Lee
3 Best
4 Moga (Wrong side, but it’s the pecking order.)
5 Hunt
6 Mann
7 Pearce (deserves to be dropped, but....)
13 Glasby
12 Barnett
11 Fitzgibbon
10 Dan
9 McCullogh (Randall could be in the picture again.)
8 Klemmer

14 Hoy (This roving role worked with Watson, but haven’t got a clue how Tex fits in. Need his strike power though).
15 Jacob
16 Herman
17 Sione

Yosh

Coach
Can’t wait for Barny and Watson to be back, they are 2 players who always seem to add a bit of spark/enthusiasm with effort plays. We’ve missed that.

I think them two have been sorely missed. Guerra is a champ but is gassed after walking out onto the field for kick off even before the game starts.

Hoy, for all his talent, hasn't offered much if anything. Watson would have had three or four tries and seven or eight try assist failures already

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I think them two have been sorely missed. Guerra is a champ but is gassed after walking out onto the field for kick off even before the game starts.

Hoy, for all his talent, hasn't offered much if anything. Watson would have had three or four tries and seven or eight try assist failures already

I feel bad for Hoy, he’s in a spot where it doesn’t suit his game whatsoever, his effort yesterday was fantastic, and in the Broncos game the team had put the cue in the rack when he came on.

Would love to see Ponga at 6 and Hoy at FB when he comes on if Mann is coming off.

Yosh

Coach
I feel bad for Hoy, he’s in a spot where it doesn’t suit his game whatsoever, his effort yesterday was fantastic, and in the Broncos game the team had put the cue in the rack when he came on.

Would love to see Ponga at 6 and Hoy at FB when he comes on if Mann is coming off.

The Ponga at six already failed last year. Don't want to see our best player moved position to fit in a rookie. I think it's fine as it is but Hoy needs some set plays in attack to utilize him better.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just our luck we play a team on the back of a flogging again and you know they will be better
We are on the back of a poor loss. We should come out firing as well as Manly. If we play to our potential, we should win.

Latest posts