What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Bulldogs @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Bulldogs v Knights

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedge1971

First Grade
The intercept changed the game. We shat the bed after that.

None of the blokes interviewed after the game were happy. Our record against the Dogs is woeful so just glad to have it out of the road with a W to be honest.

Defence was pretty good though agree outside Foran they didnt throw much at us.

Haffa

We won. I could dwell on how frustrating they were in that second half but f**k it. We will win in the mudge next week and beat the roosters the week after.

Old dog

Juniors
Think Watson’s enthusiasm is his key and reason for injuries, if had to call it he is error and injury prone but puts a lot of effort in to be that.
Bit like what’s his name at Tigers, currently out injured but plays 5/8, almost a clone of each other.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I was at the players event and I just want to say I’ve never met a more humble group of young professionals in my whole life. No matter what short term pain we need to go through, our club is set up for the future with these outstanding young men. Just wanted to put that out there.
that's good to hear, certainly makes it easier to support them.

the seagull

Juniors
What changed the game was after the intercept try, the Bulldogs got a couple of bonus penalties coming out of their end late in the tackle count ( wasn't bad as the assistance the warriors got last week) they gave field position and possession for about 15 minutes. When the knights got the ball they got no assistance until the refs made a mistake with the knock-on at end of game. Browns comments during press conferences indicates his a bit pissed with whats going on.

Watching, the next game, the dragons score two quick tries and when the warriors finally get the ball they get the bonus penalty coming out of their end late in the tackle count. they score at the end of the set, same as what happened against the knight last week.

Knight Vision

First Grade
What changed the game was after the intercept try, the Bulldogs got a couple of bonus penalties coming out of their end late in the tackle count ( wasn't bad as the assistance the warriors got last week) they gave field position and possession for about 15 minutes. When the knights got the ball they got no assistance until the refs made a mistake with the knock-on at end of game. Browns comments during press conferences indicates his a bit pissed with whats going on.

Watching, the next game, the dragons score two quick tries and when the warriors finally get the ball they get the bonus penalty coming out of their end late in the tackle count. they score at the end of the set, same as what happened against the knight last week.

yep it's a trend that's been going on for years and getting worse. It's like theyve assumed the role of conductor rather than adjudicator.

How many times have we seen more fancied team get a game given to them when it looks like they'll be beaten. Broncos and Storm are certainties to have a major leg up at some stage. When we play more fancied teams we have to overcome the ref factor. Unfancied clubs like our give a 2 to 6 point start to clubs like the Storm, Broncos and Roosters.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah I felt they got the blow of the pea but all that will get the media focus was the Pearce knock on at the end.

At half time and after the first 2 sets in the 2nd half I was thinking by how much. The intercept changed the game.

But no point whinging, the only way to change the ref perception is by continuing to win.

Positives:

1. In the 1st half we defended for or 5 sets straight and landed with the ball on tackle 1 on our own line. By tackle 5 we were at their 40m line. I cannot remember the last time I saw that from a Newcastle team past 2002/3 ish?

2. D Saf getting better by the game. Still trying to find consistency but rolling over his opposites and looking more and more like the player we hope for.

3. Herman is back. Was a weapon today.

4. Gavet much better today.

5. Defence overall a pass mark. Apart from Hunt mis read they did not look like scoring.

6. Levi played 80 I think? Carrying a reserve hooker is a waste.

Cons:

1. We shat the bed after an intercept despite dominating the previous 50 mins.

2. We cannot put together 80 mins. Effort will beat a few teams but with the draw we have coming today isnt good enough.

3. We are not using Ramien to his potential. The guy is a weapon but I dont blame him if the rumours are true and he wants out. Get him the f**king ball in space!

4. Levi good early but made some f**king dumb selfish decisions on their line again today at 16 nil when a try would have put them to sleep. Kid can play but still needs to figure out it is a team sport.

5. Getting better but when it matters we are still a dumb f**king footy team.

Last few weeks have been an improvement but the last 30 tonight was a step back..

aqua_duck

Coach
Yeah I felt they got the blow of the pea but all that will get the media focus was the Pearce knock on at the end.

At half time and after the first 2 sets in the 2nd half I was thinking by how much. The intercept changed the game.

But no point whinging, the only way to change the ref perception is by continuing to win.

Positives:

1. In the 1st half we defended for or 5 sets straight and landed with the ball on tackle 1 on our own line. By tackle 5 we were at their 40m line. I cannot remember the last time I saw that from a Newcastle team past 2002/3 ish?

2. D Saf getting better by the game. Still trying to find consistency but rolling over his opposites and looking more and more like the player we hope for.

3. Herman is back. Was a weapon today.

4. Gavet much better today.

5. Defence overall a pass mark. Apart from Hunt mis read they did not look like scoring.

6. Levi played 80 I think? Carrying a reserve hooker is a waste.

Cons:

1. We shat the bed after an intercept despite dominating the previous 50 mins.

2. We cannot put together 80 mins. Effort will beat a few teams but with the draw we have coming today isnt good enough.

3. We are not using Ramien to his potential. The guy is a weapon but I dont blame him if the rumours are true and he wants out. Get him the f**king ball in space!

4. Levi good early but made some f**king dumb selfish decisions on their line again today at 16 nil when a try would have put them to sleep. Kid can play but still needs to figure out it is a team sport.

5. Getting better but when it matters we are still a dumb f**king footy team.

Last few weeks have been an improvement but the last 30 tonight was a step back..
The way we attack down our right hand side is absolute painful to watch sometimes. Firstly Barnett is an attacking handbrake on the edge, his best attribute is that he's tough and plays with aggression but he really has no offensive attributes that a decent edge backrower should have, he doesn't have anything resembling ball skills or an offloading games, doesn't really know how to run a good line, doesn't have anything resembling footwork, doesn't break many tackles, doesn't have great mobility, pretty much once he gets the ball any attacking threat is gone. Secondly we don't know how to shift quickly down that side, instead of giving those outside men an opportunity to go one on one with their opposite we love to goes through the hands and negate any numerical advantage we would've had and because of how flat we play Ramien is used as a line runner on a short ball instead of being afforded any space. The way we're using Ramien at the moment doesn't play to his strengths at all

slotmachine

First Grade
Interesting criticism of Barnett, before yesterday he had 4 games on the edge for 2 tries, 1 line break, 2 tackle breaks and 4 offloads.

The bloke he replaced had 0 tries, 1 line break, 3 tackle breaks and 0 offloads in the same number of games.

Barnett also made more tackles, less missed tackles, more metres, more post-contact metres. Don't think he's going to lose his starting spot while we are winning.

Latest posts