What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Cowboys @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Cowboys v Roosters

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 9
North Queensland Cowboys v Sydney Roosters
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, South Townsville
Thursday 9 July 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now & Fox League/Kayo

TL-NQL20a.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Connelly Lemuelu 4. Esan Marsters 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Jake Clifford 8. Josh Mcguire 9. Reece Robson 10. Francis Molo 11. Shane Wright 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Tom Gilbert 16. Peter Hola 17. Gavin Cooper 18. Murray Taulagi 19. Reuben Cotter 20. Corey Jensen 21. Jake Granville

TL-SYD20a.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Ryan Hall 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Nat Butcher
Interchange: 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Sitili Tupouniua 16. Poasa Faamausili 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Daniel Fifita 19. Drew Hutchison 20. Freddy Lussick 21. Matt Ikuvalu

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:
I am somewhat nervous about tonight's encounter. Will Nat make a fist of the lock position? Will Jared and Lindsay back up successfully after their concussions last week? Will Holmes take the field, after being initially named on the wing? I am hoping that, despite our injury run, we will still be too strong for them tonight. I am wary, however, given their form last time at home against the Knights, who are a solid side.

Anyway, time will ultimately tell. In the meantime, it is game day, ladies and gentlemen. Fire up you mighty mighty Roosters, fire up!

Legion

Juniors
Easts played well. The Cowboys defense out wide was hopeless.

Shame that Flanagan missed those shots at goal.
Just love to watch Qld teams getting carved up. Especially on their home grounds. :D

How good was that win @Babyface O'reilly, @Headless Chook, @Captain Apollo, @rooster25, @Danish, @horrie hastings?

Losing BMoz and Jake was a concern, of course, but our young guys really stood up tonight when given their opportunity. I was very impressed with both Iku and Lachlan. The latter isn't even a hooker! Iku scored five tonight – last done in 1955. If he had scored one more, he would have been in Dave Brown territory. Amazing. Lachlan was fast and nippy around dummy half. He would have made his Dad Adrian proud.

Robbo did the right thing by resting Jared. The other forwards covered so well.

I am not too concerned about Ryan. He hasn't set the world on fire, but his chance will come eventually (hopefully!). It is funny, though, that he switched sides and all of the action happened to occur on the opposite side! He seems to be a good sport about it.

On to the Raiders at the 'G now – bring it on. Robbo might have a few pleasant seletion headaches coming up when we start to get some of our regular troops back. That competition can only be a good thing.

Legion

Juniors
How good was that win @Babyface O'reilly, @Headless Chook, @Captain Apollo, @rooster25, @Danish, @horrie hastings?

Losing BMoz and Jake was a concern, of course, but our young guys really stood up tonight when given their opportunity. I was very impressed with both Iku and Lachlan. The latter isn't even a hooker! Iku scored five tonight – last done in 1955. If he had scored one more, he would have been in Dave Brown territory. Amazing. Lachlan was fast and nippy around dummy half. He would have made his Dad Adrian proud.

Robbo did the right thing by resting Jared. The other forwards covered so well.

I am not too concerned about Ryan. He hasn't set the world on fire, but his chance will come eventually (hopefully!). It is funny, though, that he switched sides and all of the action happened to occur on the opposite side! He seems to be a good sport about it.

On to the Raiders at the 'G now – bring it on. Robbo might have a few pleasant seletion headaches coming up when we start to get some of our regular troops back. That competition can only be a good thing.
Where have all the Easts fans gone Fanatic?
Probably also ran of by the virtue signalling political correctness of this place. What a shame.
Leftardism is why we can no longer have nice things and why we can no longer speak our minds.

Last nights game shows what depth you have at Easts. Despite a few key missing players they still played as a team.

Surely Robbo must find room for Iku after scoring 5 tries when B.Morris is fit. But where?
Will he keep Iku on the wing since BMoz can play several positions?
It would be nice if Madge had the same problem at WTigers.

Lam has finally cemented a spot on the bench it seems. He was great covering for Friendy. Really happy for Ikuvalu too. Robbo’s rest strategy is gonna get tested now with these injuries tallying up. I’m thinking B Moz (if well) gets a precautionary week off against the Raiders who have their own set of problems. That’ll keep Hall in the side and hopefully bags a try. Who knows, they may come on thick and fast after the drought he’s had. Proud of their effort last night.

Where have all the Easts fans gone Fanatic?
Probably also ran of by the virtue signalling political correctness of this place. What a shame.
Leftardism is why we can no longer have nice things and why we can no longer speak our minds.

Last nights game shows what depth you have at Easts. Despite a few key missing players they still played as a team.

Surely Robbo must find room for Iku after scoring 5 tries when B.Morris is fit. But where?
Will he keep Iku on the wing since BMoz can play several positions?
It would be nice if Madge had the same problem at WTigers.

They are around @Legion but, like me, they probably spend some of their time on other forums. Yes, you are right, political correctness, and the left's march generally, has impacted on many aspects of our way of life, but I won't harp on that further - probably best for another place and time!

Yes, we certainly did play well, and like a championship team, despite the odds and our injury situation. Iku has deserved a spot, and yes BMoz would probably slot straight back in. I don't know what the answer is - it is a pleasant selection headache for Robbo. Iku probably suits the wing, although he has bulked up quite a bit, so centre could be a possibility.

On the face of it, Hall probably has to be dropped, but I tend to agree with @Headless Chook that the club might want to persist with him until he gets this try scoring monkey off his back.

Yes, I feel a bit sorry for Madge and the Tigers at the moment. I was really hoping that you could have knocked off the Rabble on Friday, but you were just outclassed by a team comprising better 'cattle'. Madge is not a miracle worker, even though he is a fine coach. Hopefully you can somehow get into the eight and avoid gravitating towards that dreaded ninth postion once again. Nice to see you in here mate - I will pop over to your 'neck of the woods' from time to time!