What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Vision

First Grade
that pretty much sums up the Pearce kicking game. On a positive he can belt em down field, but straight to the fielder and no repeat sets.

The kick off's are landing around the10 mtr line and not in goal and not very deep.

Knight Vision

First Grade
F*** it, never mind the next 4 games here’s SK’s dodgy tarot crystal ball outlook for the rest of 2020:

Souffs - maybe if our attack clicks. Dan is a big loss as he doesn’t take any crap from them. Please don’t let Dane Gagai post a hattrick ffs.

Dogs - should win but I said that last year and they beat us the second time.

Storm - lol no way that’s going to happen.

Tigers - should win but earlier in the year we were actually capable of putting 40 on them. Not so sure we’re capable of that anymore.

Manly - this has revenge game written all over it. Debatable if we win, even at home.

Cowboys - should win if we’re fair dinkum but I said that the first time and these spuds we support set out to prove me wrong in the most convincing fashion.

Warriors - should win but if we continue to derp in attack Blake Green could pull our pants down.

Sharks - f***ing hate them and some of their arrogant fans on here telling all and sundry how great their team is and how sh*t the rest of our teams are. No thoughts here of whether we win or lose, we need to grind them into the dirt. Wish every NRL team did the same.

Roosters - lol forget it. This game will prove how far off winning a premiership we are.

Dragons - you’d hope so wouldn’t you?

Titans - you’d hope so wouldn’t you?

From the above I’d say 6 likely wins, 2 possible wins, 1 big FU and piss off out of the 8 for the year and 2 Lol no it’s not going to happens.

Prove me wrong Knights. Prove me wrong.
On the NRL website ladder predictor I chose 3 scenarios ( before the Cowboys game )

Given the Cowboys games we are currently on target for option 1

1) the wheels fall off - 7th or 8th - involved losing all games to teams above us and a number of games to teams below us

2) medium success - 5th or 6th - involved losing all games to teams above us and winning all games to teams below us

3) successful - 3rd or 4th - involved winning a couple of games to teams above us and winning all games to teams below us

Spot On

Coach
Our form line continues to look worse after the Dragons thrash Manly.

You'd hope we could jag 2 wins from the next 4 but on form we will be lucky to beat the Dogs.

Old dog

Juniors
Like said above need to win against lower teams not so much top sides that will get us to 4-6 place. Things should improve with return of Glasby, Barnett, Watson and Sione, loss of DSaf is a blow he has been going really well. Problem is our attack is poor due to poor options. Don’t think Pearce is 100% fit but at least he passes the ball, Mann very rarely does.

Knight76

Juniors
Im thinking we can get 4 from the next 6 will be a good result. That accounts for losses against Souths and Melbourne. Or a win against one of them and a derp game against one of the others.

4 from 6 would put us in a good position.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
What do you guys think on how Tau went?

Looked decent imo. Wasn’t scared to put his body on the line in attack and defence, made some tough carries coming out of trouble and a couple of good tackles. Threw a couple of forward passes though (although the first looked like a tough call to me) but yeah not bad considering how long it’s been since he played an NRL match.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Also obviously we all recognise that Ponga has been out of form recently but one area where I feel he’s actually been strong is his short kicking game. He’s been getting us quite a few repeat sets recently either with little grubbers near the line or a chip over the top from 20-30m out, and that kick for Hoy was perfect (if only Hoy was onside). I know that doesn’t make up for his running game being non existent at the moment but I actually think that facet of his game has improved this year.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Also obviously we all recognise that Ponga has been out of form recently but one area where I feel he’s actually been strong is his short kicking game. He’s been getting us quite a few repeat sets recently either with little grubbers near the line or a chip over the top from 20-30m out, and that kick for Hoy was perfect (if only Hoy was onside). I know that doesn’t make up for his running game being non existent at the moment but I actually think that facet of his game has improved this year.
Overall I'm not rating pongas kicking game. He's shown that he'll take it to the line to close before kicking it into opposition legs. I also would mind seeing a bomb that leads to a contest from him. Having said that, his kicking game may be an improvement, but given the level that he was at, it isn't saying much.

slotmachine

First Grade
What do you guys think on how Tau went?

Did OK carrying the ball and wasn't tested in defence. Should have scored at least one try (if not two) except for poor handling.
I don't think he's any better than Shibasaki, but Shibs stank out loud against the cowboys so I think Moga keeps his spot next week.

perverse

Referee
Tau was threatening with the ball, provided his defence holds I think he's a good chance of keeping a spot in the 17 moving forward.

I fear for his knees every time he moves, though. Credit to the guy for building up the confidence to go out there and play again. The real question is - if he manages to play out the year and performs well... do we offer him another (reduced obviously) deal?

Old dog

Juniors
I think he will stay at right centre with Hunt outside him will be a handful for defences providing they get the ball. Think Moga a bit rusty and expect match fitness and handling to improve. Don’t blame the try on him, lots of others went to sleep on the play except for Ponga, Klemmer and Jones.

Jono078

Referee
I was very surprised by Moga. I thought injuries had affected him so much that he had no impact. All of his runs yesterday were impactful and I'd like to think he'd get better if he strings some games together.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Had some chances on the right but Sivo kept rushing Moga so he couldn’t get a pass away. If other teams keep doing this our halves need to be aware of the opportunity for a chip to the corner for Hunt.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Had some chances on the right but Sivo kept rushing Moga so he couldn’t get a pass away. If other teams keep doing this our halves need to be aware of the opportunity for a chip to the corner for Hunt.
just like they should have adapted on the weekend and did it.