What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Manly @ 4 Pines Park, Brookvale

Who will win? Round 9: Manly v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
I didn’t get to watch much today, I know we copped some injuries/concussions and a couple of tough calls but gee the forwards stats were way down on the last three weeks. Tuilagi looks flash but is ineffective and lazy at times, no way Simpkin should be in the side at the expense of Liddle, Simpkin is a worker but his defence doesn’t have the dominant element that Liddle has, if Liddle crunches you you are generally finished, Simpkin gets dragged along for 5 or 10 metres. Teams get a roll on off that. Simpkin service maybe just a touch more polished but I’m taking Liddle every time (is Liddle out injured?). Seyfarth 6 carries for the game, that’s dog shit and I’m a fan of the young fella, what happened to Tamou he has been impressive the last couple of weeks, did he go missing today 6 carries and 24 tackles or get injured?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I didn’t get to watch much today, I know we copped some injuries/concussions and a couple of tough calls but gee the forwards stats were way down on the last three weeks. Tuilagi looks flash but is ineffective and lazy at times, no way Simpkin should be in the side at the expense of Liddle, Simpkin is a worker but his defence doesn’t have the dominant element that Liddle has, if Liddle crunches you you are generally finished, Simpkin gets dragged along for 5 or 10 metres. Teams get a roll on off that. Simpkin service maybe just a touch more polished but I’m taking Liddle every time (is Liddle out injured?). Seyfarth 6 carries for the game, that’s dog shit and I’m a fan of the young fella, what happened to Tamou he has been impressive the last couple of weeks, did he go missing today 6 carries and 24 tackles or get injured?
It was genuinely just a weird game, it didn't feel like manly were much better than us at all but the constant under pressure from six again's / penalties / stefano sin bin probably sealed our fate. I'd say the lack of forwards making big meters was due to the fact they were tired from defending set after set. And the 2 man bench for majority of the game didn't help either

Like I said before couldn't fault the effort, the men in pink can get f**ked though

Phil Gould

Juniors
Have the match recorded but haven’t watched it yet. Stats show a pretty even game except manly made a few less runs but gained 300 more meters, penalties were 9 to 3 in Manly’s favor, tigers had 1 sin bin and 14 points less.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Almost watched the first 5 mins. Saw Gildart take out Kenny and then Brooks and Koula both touched the ball but manly’s knock on was challenged successfully. That’ll do me, seems like a good summary from everyone else’s comment. The team is playing well, all things considered, but couldn’t overcome the home advantage.

g’night.

Tigers1986

Juniors
That referee (and the bunker) were an absolute disgrace this afternoon. How in the world they deny Kepoa for an obstruction first off was an absolute joke [especially when Titans scored from a black and white obstruction in the next game but was all fine]. Then Peachey somehow knocks on with full certainty, denying another try. A very iffy forward pass call for Tuialgi as well.

Then there's the 2 HIA failures pushing our sub bench back to 2. The penalty count. The set restart count. The sin bin. Turbo isn't sin-binned for pulling Toa back when both chasing for the ball off a kick.

I'm actually proud of the effort today all things considered. The loss of Laurie and Noffa really told with our kick returns. I'm actually really excited for when we get our full arsenal back on the paddock.

Vic Mackey

Referee

in the forwards defence we barely touched the ball in the first 20 mins. I think we had 4 sets or something ridiculous.

Tuilagi was pathetic though, his defence is terrible and his stupid off loads lead to turn overs. I would have left him in manly

Liddle over Simpkin any day for me.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I want to see us at full strength for a month or so.

8 day turn around so hopefully Nofa, Luc and Ken all back next week. Laurie should only be 2 weeks away and on Friday Madge said Douehi will likely be back before the initial round 14 goal

With any luck, and no more injuries, we’ll have everyone bar the longterms (Blore, Talau, Robert’s) back by round 12/13.

Another loss but due to the fact that a majority of the team are having a crack lessens the blow of yet another defeat.I cannot fault the effort of most, although I thought Kelma went missing whilst Maumalo and Mikaele need to harden up or go and play soccer.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Another loss but due to the fact that a majority of the team are having a crack lessens the blow of yet another defeat.I cannot fault the effort of most, although I thought Kelma went missing whilst Maumalo and Mikaele need to harden up or go and play soccer.
Thought the same thing while watching the game that both maumalo & mikaele look like Tarzan & play like Jane

Tiger Ted

Bench
8 day turn around so hopefully Nofa, Luc and Ken all back next week. Laurie should only be 2 weeks away and on Friday Madge said Douehi will likely be back before the initial round 14 goal

With any luck, and no more injuries, we’ll have everyone bar the longterms (Blore, Talau, Robert’s) back by round 12/13.
If everyone else is available the only one out of those 3 who is an asset & we certainly miss is a fit Blore.Unlike the slug talau & the addled jet Blore has enormous upside.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I only watched the highlights, but what I saw was pissweak defence letting Manly score, lots of shirt grabbing & misreads of the play.

Latest posts