What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Match thread against Parra***

roboshark

Coach
If eels score then any minute amount of confidence the boys have left will be gone and the rest of the season could get even uglier. They must hold on

ratsack2

Juniors
this is nail biting stuff, I have no Tv or radio coverage and am relying on NR live update, I am willing away the seconds between updates and hope we are still in front each time

Selachimorpha

Juniors
Having flashbacks to the Souths & Manly games late last year, if they lose this one in the same fashion i'll be checking myself into a mental institution.

Frailty

First Grade
Good to get the win (it always is against Parramatta especially)...

But... Did we try hard to lose it or what?

I really have concerns with our defence. Times it looked better, but then we let them walk through holes, miss simple tackles. We were lucky Parramatta did not take advantage of our weakness in defence on the edges.

Our attack.... Was better... But too many times we killed simple 2 on 1 chances....

All in all... Still a lot of work - and lucky they didn't have Tahu or Hayne.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
As much as these heart-attack finishes killed me every week in '08, i'm glad to be experiencing another one instead of the usual massive losses of the past year and a half.

Dragon

Coach
frailty, imo your defence wont improve until the players get some confidence. Your attack tonight was great, 2nd phase play coming out of your own half reminded me of parra last year.

From winning comes confidence in each other. They can run as many defensive drills as they like, but unless the players have that belief then its all for nothing. You should pray that Ricky encourages them to play like that every week.

P.S thought Aton was very good tonight

azzah72

Bench
Well we almost stole a loss out of the Jaws of Victory but they held on... just!

I'm going to say, that was **GULP** Barrett's best game I've seen him have with us and if he can keep on playing like that, well, I wont complain.

Tupou was looking good as well, alot better than recently.

Aiton and Gardener were great too.

Negatives:

Defence is still a worry

Tim smith's kicking is very erratic.

Over all both this and the NYC were great games, good footy!

island pro

Juniors
frailty, imo your defence wont improve until the players get some confidence. Your attack tonight was great, 2nd phase play coming out of your own half reminded me of parra last year.

From winning comes confidence in each other. They can run as many defensive drills as they like, but unless the players have that belief then its all for nothing. You should pray that Ricky encourages them to play like that every week.

P.S thought Aton was very good tonight

I'll probably give Aiton 1 point behind Gal and Snow