What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Thread: PNG vs GB

yakstorm

First Grade
Kayo / Fox League is broadcasting both the Men's & Women's games in Australia. BBC is broadcasting both the Men's & Women's games in UK.

Ticket Sales, there is still around 9,700 tickets left to go. Moved almost a 1,000 since yesterday. Hopefully momentum picks up in the next couple of days.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Having the kick-off time moved from 3pm to 5:30pm is one thing that could affect attendance.

Public Transport in Port Moresby stops 6:30- 7:00pm and the match will still be on around that time.
Fans will be worried about getting back home.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Having the kick-off time moved from 3pm to 5:30pm is one thing that could affect attendance.

Public Transport in Port Moresby stops 6:30- 7:00pm and the match will still be on around that time.
Fans will be worried about getting back home.
Are the PNGRL trying to copy the incompetence of the RFL and NZRL ??

yakstorm

First Grade
Be interesting to understand if this is a Duco Event or if it is being run by the PNGRFL.

Anyway, on a positive front, another 1,000 tickets have been moved since my post at around 11am.

8,700 Tickets left to go...

Burns

First Grade
Be interesting to understand if this is a Duco Event or if it is being run by the PNGRFL.

Anyway, on a positive front, another 1,000 tickets have been moved since my post at around 11am.

8,700 Tickets left to go...
The Social media accounts that Duco made are promoting it, and the website directs to the ticket seller. So maybe?

deluded pom?

Coach
Kayo / Fox League is broadcasting both the Men's & Women's games in Australia. BBC is broadcasting both the Men's & Women's games in UK.

Ticket Sales, there is still around 9,700 tickets left to go. Moved almost a 1,000 since yesterday. Hopefully momentum picks up in the next couple of days.
Not sure where you got your info from Yak but the BBC are only showing the men’s game.

yakstorm

First Grade
Not sure where you got your info from Yak but the BBC are only showing the men’s game.

I took it from here:

7,343 Seats left now. Means we are now past the 50% sold mark with around 3,000 tickets sold in the past 24 hours. If we continue this selling rate, we should go close to capacity by kick off.

deluded pom?

Coach
I took it from here:

7,343 Seats left now. Means we are now past the 50% sold mark with around 3,000 tickets sold in the past 24 hours. If we continue this selling rate, we should go close to capacity by kick off.
It looks like it's Our League that will be showing the women's match. The BBC listings shows a programme starting at 7am and ending at 9.30 am. Obviously not long enough to show two matches.

yakstorm

First Grade
Northern Stand sold out, Southern Stand quickly disappearing.

5,500 left now, so around 9,300 sold.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
5,000 tickets left...shame thought it would have gone close to selling out. 14,000 turned up to last year's games against Australian Prime ministers 13.

Burns

First Grade
5,000 tickets left...shame thought it would have gone close to selling out. 14,000 turned up to last year's games against Australian Prime ministers 13.
Will wait to kick off in this before judging I guess. I think someone mentioned that the late kick off is unusual for PNG games? Like given how their country is, I wouldn’t want to be headed home late when the suns set I suppose.

On this game, can PNG do it? Can they keep it close?

yakstorm

First Grade
Southern Stand now sold out. Less than 4,000 tickets left to go and still hours untill kick off of the main game.

It should be at least 12K which won't look bad in a 15K venue.