What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match thread vs Broncos Round 24

shane1970

Juniors
We completed 31 from 37, thats 81%, great stuff!

Uate 124m (15 runs)
Cross 119m (14 runs)
Fa'aoso 104m (13 runs)

Sau 94m (11 runs)
Vuna 93m (12 runs)

Line breaks
Uate 2

Tackle breaks
Uate 7
Vuna 6
Gidley 6

Try assists
Mullen 3

Offloads
Mad Dog 3
Mika 3
Fa'aoso 3

De Gois made 8 dummy half runs for 60m in total.

Forwards total metres:
Cross 119m (14 runs)
Fa'aoso 104m (13 runs)
Tolar 87m (12 runs)
Taufua 83m (8 runs)
Taia 83m (12 runs)
Kaufusi 65m (9 runs)
Mika 57m (9 runs)
Hilder 49m (8 runs)

Forwards hitups:
Cross 11 for 84m (53 mins)
Fa'aoso 10 for 75m (33 mins)
Taufua 6 for 68m (28 mins)
Tolar 9 for 66m (27 mins)
Taia 8 for 62m (80 mins)
Mika 6 for 43m (45 mins)
Hilder 6 for 40m (52 mins)
Kaufusi 5 for 34m (47 mins)

Tackles
Cross 27 (missed 2)
Gidley 23 (missed 1)
Taia 23 (missed 2)
De Gois 21 (missed 8)
Hilder 20 (missed 3)

Fa'aoso and Taufua made 23 tackles between them, and missed none.

Missed tackles (not mentioned above)
Mullen 5 (made 12)
Sau 3 (made 9)
Thats good - I thought I was going out on a limb by giving the two highest points to bench players but those stats confirm what I thought watching the game

Perth Knights

Juniors
what a great win tonight. whole team played exceptionally well. should have been playing like this much earlier in the year. we left our run about a month too late. mullen is hitting some tremendous form now, which he has been building and building for a couple of months... i just hope he can carry it through the off season and explode next year.

the whole team played fantastically, Zeb got through a lot of work and was dangerous at times... also defended stoutly with S'au on Folau's edge. Crossy, Fa'aoso, Taufua, Kaufusi and yes, even Tolar provided us with tremendous go-forward. they are actually hunting as a pack at the moment and really sharing the work around and getting on with the job, which has been missing all year. you can see the shift in mentality big time, they are turning up for each other and sticking up for each other. it has made a monumental difference. also a quick shout to Mika, who actually did a bit with the ball in hand tonight, and put some hurt on in defence as usual. you can see he's beginning to really put his hand up for first grade now that he's got a decent taste of it. still needs to raise his workload in defence a bit more, but he'll be a good asset over the next year or so i think. seriously still think Horo is in massive excess to our needs.

As usual perverse ... good observations on how the team performed last night. Love your provocative comments!!

I would add however that for about the first 20 minutes or so, and even though the Broncs didn't have much of the ball, when they did they appeared to be making really easy metres up the middle of the ruck. This has been a weakness of ours for much of the year and a real concern to me. I intend to watch the game again, but things appeared to change for the better when Cross and Kaufusi went off.

So although we played exceptionally well last night and scored some really great tries (particularly of the fifth tackle option), I would like to see Stone fix up our defence around the ruck to stop the easy go forward by other teams. Our defence out wide though is fantastic and we are hunting in packs!! Where was this form earlier in the year ... sigh!

Actually got a feeling we are going to pump them, absence of Lockyer got a feeling Mullo will have a blinder.

Well folks! So I said so it happened.

With a bit of luck we could make the 8.

But how good is our offseason going to be for once only Evarn and Patto out injured who'd be in the regular seventeen..... Patto should be sweet for a full off season for once instead of having playing running around on half a leg come round 1 the boys should be ready to fire.

Very excited about 2011.

Rolla

Juniors
Baron i hope you havent jinxed our entire off season there haha.

And yes, good prediction, you were bang on.

Also your point about the 8, if you look at form and the run home for our opposition fringe teams, we give ourselves every chance if we win our last two.

Serc

First Grade
Just on those stats, no try assist to Kurt for putting degoise over?

Its there, I just try to list all the highlights (ie: Mullen getting 3 try assists)...otherwise there would be no point in me doing it would there as I'd be just copying and pasting everything :p

And for the record, here are the try assists from last night :)

Mullen 3
McDonnell, Sau, Gidley, De Gois, Fa'aoso 1

Rolla

Juniors
I see, thanks mate. Makes a lot of sense, generally there arent so many try assists so i guess the one here and there are more significant, but in this case half the team got one.

Rolla

Juniors
Perhaps Pika is the one to ask, but can anyone shed some light on Doog's wobbler machine? looks hilarious, is it widely used?

perverse

Referee
Perhaps Pika is the one to ask, but can anyone shed some light on Doog's wobbler machine? looks hilarious, is it widely used?
my old man has one. stand on one at high speed for about 10 minutes and you can really feel it. it has all these different "wobbles" and stances that excercise different muscles in your body. seems to go alright.

never seen someone put their hands down on one, though. that was new to me.

Serc

First Grade
Not sure how widely its used...but I'm guessing it helps warm up the muscles etc. I walked past him when using it earlier this season, and it makes quite a loud whirring noise, lol

Pika

Bench

Doogs is the only person I have ever seen use it.

There is a lot of sales pitch around them but very little actual clinical research on whether they do anything though.

Regardless, Doogs is the best maintained 1992 formula 1 racer we have at the Club. If he needs some help outside the square to compete with the 2010 models, then so be it.

88.Knights

Juniors

the machine's claims that it will give you an hour's running or an hours worth of squats in 10 mins of use r totally bogus:lol:, but wat macdougall was using it for warming up muscles and getting blood flowing are accurate. i'm surprised more players aren't adding it to their warmups, it can't hurt.

perverse

Referee
the machine's claims that it will give you an hour's running or an hours worth of squats in 10 mins of use r totally bogus:lol:, but wat macdougall was using it for warming up muscles and getting blood flowing are accurate. i'm surprised more players aren't adding it to their warmups, it can't hurt.
cardio-wise it gives you nothing, obviously... but as far as the muscular stuff goes i wouldn't be surprised. having stood on one for 10 minutes, i can definitely say it gave my legs a good rogering. maybe not an hours worth of running, but it was significant nonetheless.

but yeah it obviously lacks in others areas of a workout.

Knightmare

Coach
Doogs is the only person I have ever seen use it.

There is a lot of sales pitch around them but very little actual clinical research on whether they do anything though.

Regardless, Doogs is the best maintained 1992 formula 1 racer we have at the Club. If he needs some help outside the square to compete with the 2010 models, then so be it.

Not necessarily. I'd put good money on a Williams FW14B to beat this years' Hispania F1 in a race :p

Serc

First Grade
mmm yes that was a rather good model, full of all the banned stuff in todays cars!

Mansell_monaco_91.jpg

</F1_chat>

Latest posts