What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match thread vs Broncos Round 24

I should add that even though you were just out...it still is the call of the week, no way I would've even dreamed of that happening! Brave one - how much did you put on it?

Just $10 it was a speculator.. I was more hoping for coop or uate for first try scorer.. How can vuna score 4 tries but not the first?! I was a tad unlucky tonight.

IanG

Coach
Over the moon with that result. A big winning margin like that will do the points differential the world of good. May not be back in the black but will help.

Apey

Staff member
Love it when Mullen brings his running game. So damn quick.

Rolla

Juniors
Pack were great tonight, let the backs and halves show what we know they can do. Mark T/Kaufusi and a big mention to con mika, all showing that there will be a lot of competition for a firsts spot next year.

Its killing me that Vuna is going, love seeing that big goofy smile all game and his strike rate this year is excellent... unfortunate that he was dropped or hed be up there with Aku for top tryscorer, he and Aku could of shared a dynasty in coming years, all the best Coop but im so disapointed to see you go...
Hopefully Kev can fill the shoes he leaves.

Rolla

Juniors
can beau henry play fullback? gids and mullen are forming an awesome combo that i dont think should be changed ever.

Halves were great today...again. I think i heard a while back Bennet considered henry for a match in firsts at FB round origin time. Don't know if there was any truth to that though.

Rolla

Juniors
How is it a fail, hes a beast and for some reason he wont be here next year

I think what they are getting at is that there were reports vuna didnt give the knights a chance to counter the offer. Seems hard to believe that they would of known nothing about it however thats how it was reported.

End of the day it sucks he is going whatever the case, you are spot on in that sense

I think what they are getting at is that there were reports vuna didnt give the knights a chance to counter the offer. Seems hard to believe that they would of known nothing about it however thats how it was reported.

End of the day it sucks he is going whatever the case, you are spot on in that sense

sucks for us for sure but good on him. I hope he goes well in Union and gets to make the 2011 World cup squad (at least)

red and blue

Juniors
Where the hell has this form been all year. The way they are playing at the moment it sends tingles down my spine. If mullen plays last week we win IMO.

perverse

Referee
Where the hell has this form been all year. The way they are playing at the moment it sends tingles down my spine. If mullen plays last week we win IMO.
kinda makes you angry, eh?

makes me bloody furious.. :x

what a great win tonight. whole team played exceptionally well. should have been playing like this much earlier in the year. we left our run about a month too late. mullen is hitting some tremendous form now, which he has been building and building for a couple of months... i just hope he can carry it through the off season and explode next year.

the whole team played fantastically, Zeb got through a lot of work and was dangerous at times... also defended stoutly with S'au on Folau's edge. Crossy, Fa'aoso, Taufua, Kaufusi and yes, even Tolar provided us with tremendous go-forward. they are actually hunting as a pack at the moment and really sharing the work around and getting on with the job, which has been missing all year. you can see the shift in mentality big time, they are turning up for each other and sticking up for each other. it has made a monumental difference. also a quick shout to Mika, who actually did a bit with the ball in hand tonight, and put some hurt on in defence as usual. you can see he's beginning to really put his hand up for first grade now that he's got a decent taste of it. still needs to raise his workload in defence a bit more, but he'll be a good asset over the next year or so i think. seriously still think Horo is in massive excess to our needs.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Something I've noticed in the past 2 weeks is that McDonnell hasn't shat himself when he gets the ball (most importantly) in a backline movement, and in general! Last week he got a good pass away to someone (forget if it resulted in a try) and tonight he got a very nice ball to Mad Dog with Wallace about to smash him. Well done!

Edit: Another thing I've noticed is that Aku is slotted in where the fullback is on some of our basic 2nd man plays...perhaps Stone is trying to use Aku to some extent in the position he could be devastating in (if he ticked a few other boxes which are unlikely to occur for at least the time being)...giving him a bit of a roving commission at times. Also have noticed Aku standing at centre and Mad Dog on the wing...not sure of how effective that would be (and only seems to happen when we're trying to get out of our own half) but interesting to note as well.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
It WAS a weakened Broncos side, but still a win is a win is a win, and nice to beat the Donkeys twice in a season for once! Personally I thought the boys should have kept it clinical as possible until the last 15 or 20 minutes and then busted out with the harlem globetrotters moves, but it was spectacular all the same!

Knightmare

Coach
ONE player doesnt make a team Knightmare - we as Knights supporters should know that - after all as the saying goes "There's no I in team"

I know, but Locky has a big influence on that team and esp. the youngsters. Plus although he has been out most of the year, having a strike weapon like Hodges would have been quite beneficial to Brisbane.

perverse

Referee
they missed Lockyer terribly tonight. once we put the pressure on them they didn't know wtf to do. you can only play what is in front of you, though... and we performed a very tidy coup de grace on them.

Serc

First Grade
We completed 31 from 37, thats 81%, great stuff!

Uate 124m (15 runs)
Cross 119m (14 runs)
Fa'aoso 104m (13 runs)

Sau 94m (11 runs)
Vuna 93m (12 runs)

Line breaks
Uate 2

Tackle breaks
Uate 7
Vuna 6
Gidley 6

Try assists
Mullen 3

Offloads
Mad Dog 3
Mika 3
Fa'aoso 3

De Gois made 8 dummy half runs for 60m in total.

Forwards total metres:
Cross 119m (14 runs)
Fa'aoso 104m (13 runs)
Tolar 87m (12 runs)
Taufua 83m (8 runs)
Taia 83m (12 runs)
Kaufusi 65m (9 runs)
Mika 57m (9 runs)
Hilder 49m (8 runs)

Forwards hitups:
Cross 11 for 84m (53 mins)
Fa'aoso 10 for 75m (33 mins)
Taufua 6 for 68m (28 mins)
Tolar 9 for 66m (27 mins)
Taia 8 for 62m (80 mins)
Mika 6 for 43m (45 mins)
Hilder 6 for 40m (52 mins)
Kaufusi 5 for 34m (47 mins)

Tackles
Cross 27 (missed 2)
Gidley 23 (missed 1)
Taia 23 (missed 2)
De Gois 21 (missed 8)
Hilder 20 (missed 3)

Fa'aoso and Taufua made 23 tackles between them, and missed none.

Missed tackles (not mentioned above)
Mullen 5 (made 12)
Sau 3 (made 9)

Latest posts