What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match thread vs Cowboys Round 20

Serc

First Grade
Thought I'd kick it off with the most likely team for tonight given the reports in the media during the week:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Akuila Uate
3. Junior Sa'u
14. Wes Naiqama
5. James McManus
6. Ben Rogers
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Ben Cross
9. Isaac De Gois
18. Mark Taufua (more likely than Fa'aoso and Kaufusi)
11. Zeb Taia
12. Cameron Ciraldo
13. Matt Hilder

Interchange:
15. Con Mika
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Antonio Kaufusi
19. Cooper Vuna

20. Joel Edwards (who was crook this week anyway, so I wonder whether they might just take him for experience + 18th man)

I could certainly be wrong come an hour before kickoff, but that bench fits the pattern that Stone picks most weeks, and Taufua at starting prop brings more defence than the other two first up.

Serc

First Grade
I think I might do another "why we will beat the ________"

Why we will beat the Cowboys

1) The dreaded 5 day turnaround for them after playing last Mon night

2) Cowboys have been terrible almost all year (yes, a bit worse than us overall believe it or not)

3) We have Aku!

4) We have won 4 of the last 5 matches against the Cowboys

5) We blew them off the park last time we played them (though admittedly they were playing like a park footy side)

6) Thurston and Tonga are both playing injured

7) We have Taia!

mrford61

Juniors
I think I might do another "why we will beat the ________"

Why we will beat the Cowboys

1) The dreaded 5 day turnaround for them after playing last Mon night

2) Cowboys have been terrible almost all year (yes, a bit worse than us overall believe it or not)

3) We have Aku!

4) We have won 4 of the last 5 matches against the Cowboys

5) We blew them off the park last time we played them (though admittedly they were playing like a park footy side)

6) Thurston and Tonga are both playing injured

7) We have Taia!

Can I add one?

8) Players hungry for redemption for last weekends embarrasment

shane1970

Juniors
Lucky you didn't start a why we can't beat the Cowboys thread Serc - cause there would definetely be more than the 8 mentioned positives so far.

knights girl

Juniors
well i'm not at all confident as has been the case all year....to be quite honest they are laughable atm....so nothing surprises me anymore....

IanG

Coach
Undid some good work by coffing up possession on the 1st tackle after scoring a try then the cowboobs level up straight away.

Also seem to have trouble coming out of our own half.

macavity

Referee
we have the worst go-forward and the worst line speed in the comp.

our tries come from individual brilliance, not good structure. we have NFI how to build pressure.

meercat

Juniors
Uate made up for that knock on at least.
Mullen having a better game at least so far, forwards their usual soft selves.

Jono078

Referee
That last set was disgraceful, how many metres do we bloody concede a match, I reckon we would concede the most of any team.

Uate once again having to provide the highlights for us.

Although Cross bumping off Taumata was cool I guess.

Whats Doing

Bench
Worst defensive team in the comp by far. They have no line speed and their individual tackling is absymal. Thank god we are only playing the Cows otherwise the score would be a blow out.

Apey

Staff member
we have the worst go-forward and the worst line speed in the comp.

our tries come from individual brilliance, not good structure. we have NFI how to build pressure.

pretty much sums it up.

Latest posts