What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Match Thread] World 9’s!

NRLMad

Juniors
You can’t blame people for not bothering to turn out. Why spend money on attending something Australia always wins. International Rugby League is just so endlessly repetitive. Same teams, same results. Boring.
I don’t think it’s that repetitive. On top of that what’s the difference with other major sports? All blacks haven’t lost like ever :) I think the game wasn’t promoted correctly but that’s fine it will build. I think the surprise packets were cooks and Samoa - Samoa finally have halves. It’s just a matter of time before the pacific islands start producing better results.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great tournament, very much enjoyed it. Adopted the cooks and great to see Samoa get up over Tonga. Lebanon did much better than expected and on,y weak team was usa. bring it on again please!

NRLMad

Juniors
Great tournament, very much enjoyed it. Adopted the cooks and great to see Samoa get up over Tonga. Lebanon did much better than expected and on,y weak team was usa. bring it on again please!
Agree was a great idea. Will be in comms games next time

Arucard

Juniors
I don’t think it’s that repetitive. On top of that what’s the difference with other major sports? All blacks haven’t lost like ever :) I think the game wasn’t promoted correctly but that’s fine it will build. I think the surprise packets were cooks and Samoa - Samoa finally have halves. It’s just a matter of time before the pacific islands start producing better results.
What’ll be the excuse be for the shocking crowds coming up?
People have had enough. Paying top dollar to watch Australia win everything is played out. People just watch it on the TV. The international game has no appeal because the results are already known before kick off. It’s forever just who is going to play Australia in the final?

deluded pom?

Coach
People have had enough. Paying top dollar to watch Australia win everything is played out. People just watch it on the TV. The international game has no appeal because the results are already known before kick off. It’s forever just who is going to play Australia in the final?
Didn’t the commentators point out that Australia didn’t even make the final of the last two versions of World 9s in 1996 and 1997?

Arucard

Juniors
Didn’t the commentators point out that Australia didn’t even make the final of the last two versions of World 9s in 1996 and 1997?
Lol we need to dig up 2 events from the super league era? I think that explains everything.
How about since then? You know, when most of the new age fans we’re trying to convert come from? Or before those 9’s even? I think you can see what I mean.

deluded pom?

Coach
Lol we need to dig up 2 events from the super league era? I think that explains everything.
How about since then? You know, when most of the new age fans we’re trying to convert come from? Or before those 9’s even? I think you can see what I mean.
It wasn’t me who said, and I quote, “It’s forever just who is going to play Australia in the final?”. Or is forever only in the future?

Force

Juniors
Cooks, Samoa and Lebanon.

Force

Juniors
Rugby Sevens was in a similar position not so long ago with only NZ and Fiji being the outright favourites. Now days you have teams from non-traditional rugby Countries like Japan, Russia, Spain, USA etc....all coming up. You've got to start somewhere and persist with it like Union did although Union becoming an Olympic sport made those non-traditional Countries pull their socks up.

Force

Juniors
72741627_10157064586478074_5476314096762617856_n.jpg

Force

Juniors
Apart from a dud try awarded to the Kangaroos, they looked the better of the teams. Good win for the Kangaroos 9s.

Perth Red

Post Whore

seen the crowds in japan? Union fans don’t seem to care NZ win everything?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
They didn’t win it in 91’,95’,99’,03’ and 07’.

Say what you will about the on field product of union but they certainly know how to develop and promote the off-field side of things.

Arucard

Juniors
There are no games in Japan for league currently. What would our lack of crowds have anything to do with anything I just said?

You all piss and moan why no one turns up to our world events, I’ve given the most common answer why not. There is no appeal in Australia always being in the final of everything and 90% of the time winning it.
Why would you spend your hard earned on watching something you already know the ending to?

Arucard

Juniors
Rugby Sevens was in a similar position not so long ago with only NZ and Fiji being the outright favourites. Now days you have teams from non-traditional rugby Countries like Japan, Russia, Spain, USA etc....all coming up. You've got to start somewhere and persist with it like Union did although Union becoming an Olympic sport made those non-traditional Countries pull their socks up.
Agreed it needs to be persisted with, but you’re preaching to the converted here.
The common public have no interest in watching Australia win everything, every time, with little trouble. This attitude from the public is why everything gets put on the shelf all the time in Rugby League.

Force

Juniors
Agreed it needs to be persisted with, but you’re preaching to the converted here.
The common public have no interest in watching Australia win everything, every time, with little trouble. This attitude from the public is why everything gets put on the shelf all the time in Rugby League.
That depends what public you are talking about as the Pacific Island teams are well watched by their fans. International footy needs to get up to the intensity of Origin, then we'd see more interest but we cant get there if we keep putting International footy on the back burner.

Arucard

Juniors
That depends what public you are talking about as the Pacific Island teams are well watched by their fans. International footy needs to get up to the intensity of Origin, then we'd see more interest but we cant get there if we keep putting International footy on the back burner.
Obviously Australia and New Zealand, which is where we play the games.

Latest posts