What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matchday query

dentonblue

Juniors
Hello folks, I'm coming from the UK for a couple of weeks around Easter mainly to watch NRL games and I'm looking to attend your game against Wests on 4 April. We'll be based in Sydney and I'm looking at travelling to Canberra and back on the day by coach. What I need to know are the options for getting back to the city from the stadium after the game? Are there extra buses on or even taxis available? The scheduled ACTion bus seems to be about 5.40 and that would mean we'd be struggling to make the coach back to Sydney.

Any help appreciated, I've e-mailed the club with the same question but no response yet.

Oh and while we're at it, options for pre-match beer? With kids in tow.

You should be ok. Its a 3pm start (I think?) so the game will be over about 4.40pm. There will be extra buses over and above the normal timetable ACTION publishes and one or more of these will go to the city. I think these extra buses usually leave about 20 mins after the games finishes - and Canberra Stadium to the city should be about 15 mins or so.

Not sure which bus company you're travelling to/from Canberra with, but I notice Greyhound have one going to Sydney at 7.30 pm which would give you heaps of time.

dentonblue

Juniors
Cheers, I was looking on Greyhound and Murray Travel but hadn't noticed the 7.30 service on Greyhound when I first looked - so we're booked on that and as you say will have plenty of time to make it back.

Copa

Bench
Hello folks, I'm coming from the UK for a couple of weeks around Easter mainly to watch NRL games and I'm looking to attend your game against Wests on 4 April. We'll be based in Sydney and I'm looking at travelling to Canberra and back on the day by coach. What I need to know are the options for getting back to the city from the stadium after the game? Are there extra buses on or even taxis available? The scheduled ACTion bus seems to be about 5.40 and that would mean we'd be struggling to make the coach back to Sydney.

Any help appreciated, I've e-mailed the club with the same question but no response yet.

Oh and while we're at it, options for pre-match beer? With kids in tow.
there are no pubs within reasonable walking distance from the stadium. There is a licensed restaurant nearby that that will probably be full and not provide a decent "drinking environment" anyway.

Canberra has numerous "social clubs" that have buses to the stadium on match day. Some people who like a drink before the game drink at a social club and catch the cheap bus to the game ...watch the game ... and then get the bus back to the social club after the game for more drinking and a short walk home.

Not sure if any of the social clubs near Civic (where the bus from sydney will drop you) offer this service though..

Leethal

Juniors
You could also kick off at the Raiders club in Gungahlin and get the bus to the ground. Not sure on the details though. Might be worth calling either the club or HQ.

Loz

Juniors
I think the easiest thing for you would be to walk to the City Labor Club from the Jolimont Centre (where the coach is likely to stop) for pre match drinks/eats. You can then catch one of the free (I'm pretty sure they're free) Action buses that will take you directly to the Stadium. There'll be more info on where precisely to catch these buses closer to match day on the Action website. After the match, head back to Eastern entry where you'll find another free bus that will take you back into the city. Easy.

I wouldn't bother with a taxi after the match, it's likely you'll just get caught up in the exiting traffic and it'll cost you.

Let me know if you want further instructions/directions etc.