What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo anyone???

hindy111

Post Whore
No too mateo.
With Sandow Hayne & Paulo we have plenty of attack.Add kelly or roberts to that and by 2014 im sure we will have a better option at 9.
I think we need forward with mongrel.I dont like or want Bird at our club but that style of player would suit

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mate stats don't prove anything. I know it from watching him play, and unlike the rest of you merkins I've actually played the game.

3qr9aw.jpg

Bigfella

Coach
Actually he played for us in 2010, though you'd be forgiven for thinking he didn't.

Touche Pou.

I was extra happy watching Inu in the gf last year that we got rid of him. Too hot and cold and rocks or diamonds. Im glad we stuck with consistent cold rocks instead.

Bigfella

Coach
I can't see why people are comparing Mateo and Paulo. I personally don't think their "styles" are anything alike.

Mateo is an "In/through the line" player. He's a runner, who can break/half break the line and pop an offload (65 in 2012).

Paulo is a "before the line" player. A ball player more than a ball runner. If I was going to compare Paulo to anyone, I'd be more thinking of Glenn Stewart (without the shifty eyes). Yes Paulo can throw an offload, but even Hindy had more in 2012.

At this stage of their careers Mateo is also better before the line than Paulo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Touche Pou.

To be honest, I didn't realise you were taking the piss until after I'd posted that. I thought you agreed about Mateo's weaknesses.

So do you think Mateo's appearance in the 2011 grand final proved our decision to cut him was the wrong one? Because I don't at all.

Just like Penrith, we have gone through a rebuilding phase. That means releasing (or failing to re-sign) players without picking up an obvious replacement straight away.

I was extra happy watching Inu in the gf last year that we got rid of him. Too hot and cold and rocks or diamonds. Im glad we stuck with consistent cold rocks instead.

Those cold rocks are a year older and wiser. They are getting warmer.

Last edited:

Freak2

Juniors
Anyone with his ability that hasn't won a premiership is IMO someone of interest. We all know he bleeds it as well so another bonus.

I'd have him!