What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Wade - Australias tough little nugget

TheParraboy

Staff member
Doesn't get any tougher than this bloke, pound for pound.

I think his keeping has improved, Neville better be on his game
His batting, provided he can train like Gilly, will be up there around the 45.00 average mark in test cricket

Will be our next world cup keeper winner, mark my words

Only weight 76kg, so we save on the lunch buffet a bit (across 5 days in a test , that's a lot)

I refuse to believe he is 1.70 in height, 1.60 is closer to the mark

Watch him go from strength to strength. He will end up playing well over 50 tests and 150 ODIs

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Mathew '2 dollar steak' Wade. Forget the buffet, Wadey is like a billy goat, just feed the tough little bugger tin cans.

Timbo

Staff member
487894-zoom.jpg

Better than Wade.

some11

Referee
When we played street cricket we used to prop up a tarp between two bins as a keeper, it would droop down from time to time and let balls fly over the top.

Naturally, we named it Wade.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Doesn't get any tougher than this bloke, pound for pound.

I think his keeping has improved, Neville better be on his game
His batting, provided he can train like Gilly, will be up there around the 45.00 average mark in test cricket

Will be our next world cup keeper winner, mark my words

Only weight 76kg, so we save on the lunch buffet a bit (across 5 days in a test , that's a lot)

I refuse to believe he is 1.70 in height, 1.60 is closer to the mark

Watch him go from strength to strength. He will end up playing well over 50 tests and 150 ODIs
I can't see him averaging 45 in tests.

I'd say about 35-36 with the bat.

They may persist with Nevill though. But I can't see Nevill averaging more than 30 with the bat.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I doubt it. He was dropped because his keeping is shit and his batting isn't good enough to make up for it.
Batting average of 34.61. He needs a batting average of 134.61 to make up for his keeping deficiencies.

I'd say his days in the ODI team are numbered too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not according to Marsh. Who would replace him though,no one I can think of Springs to mind.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Out little nugget is back, brought in to bring some tough aussie mongrel

what odds of us going undefeated next 8 tests?

1 test v SA
3 tests v Pakistan
4 tests v India