What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Wade - Australias tough little nugget

Timbo

Staff member
Don't speak ill of the pup

Atleast he had aggressive fields,i know he f**ked The Kat but Smith
is way way worse

The Pup was a douchecanoe who was more interested in his own image than the Australian team.

It was no shock how quickly he found his way out the door when a few other batsmen started scoring runs and he was no longer indispensable.

Bazal

Post Whore
Smith dumps Cowan for his mate in the NSW setup.

Smith keeping his mate Wade in the Aussie side.

I am going very, very cold on Smith. Michael Clarke v. 2.0

Cowan was the right call. Hughes is in great form, and isn't an octagenerian. Cowan will be back in as soon as Warner and Smith are back up in the Test squad

I do sort of agree though. His captaincy is starting to lose me a bit.

Don't speak ill of the pup

Atleast he had aggressive fields,i know he f**ked The Kat but Smith
is way way worse

Pup gets way too much hate from cricket fans. Very good captain. Egos will always clash in a sports team. And Katich proved himself a massive f**kwit the way he carried on after. Shame, I rated him too

Timbo

Staff member
Cowan was not the right call.

When we were at our best, it was because the shield was full of guys like Jamie Cox, Martin Love, Michael Bevan, Michael Kasprowicz, Jo Angel, et al who absolutely dominated that level and had to be dislodged.

Cowan was the best batsmen in the comp last year, has started this year strongly and has been dumped for someone with 'potential' who just happens to be Smiths mate.

Yeah, ok, nothing to see here move on.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cowan was not the right call.

When we were at our best, it was because the shield was full of guys like Jamie Cox, Martin Love, Michael Bevan, Michael Kasprowicz, Jo Angel, et al who absolutely dominated that level and had to be dislodged.

Cowan was the best batsmen in the comp last year, has started this year strongly and has been dumped for someone with 'potential' who just happens to be Smiths mate.

Yeah, ok, nothing to see here move on.

Hughes scored 400 runs in the JLT cup and bashed a not out double hundred in grade cricket last weekend. Maddinson was second highest run scorer in the JLT cup with over 400 and hit 94 in grade.

Cowan scored 150 runs in the JLT cup and didn't play grade AFAIK.

Normally I agree with most of what you say mate, but it seems we have different definitions of starting the season strongly. We've gotta stop hanging on to dinosaurs, Cowan will get a good long run once the Test players are gone. Until then he's in the worst form of the three blokes they had to fit into two spots

Timbo

Staff member
Hughes scored 400 runs in the JLT cup and bashed a not out double hundred in grade cricket last weekend. Maddinson was second highest run scorer in the JLT cup with over 400 and hit 94 in grade.

Cowan scored 150 runs in the JLT cup and didn't play grade AFAIK.

Normally I agree with most of what you say mate, but it seems we have different definitions of starting the season strongly. We've gotta stop hanging on to dinosaurs, Cowan will get a good long run once the Test players are gone. Until then he's in the worst form of the three blokes they had to fit into two spots

Agree to disagree on this one I guess.

I also have massive issues with the Australian captain using terms like 'good bloke' and trying to influence selection. At any level. It puts the selectors in an untenable position.

Incorrect

Coach
Can we all agree that there are too many cricketer's "writing" books these days?

FFS, Steve Smith comes across as about as intrigiung or insightful as a carton of milk... Who the f**k is buying these books??

Timbo

Staff member
Can we all agree that there are too many cricketer's "writing" books these days?

FFS, Steve Smith comes across as about as intrigiung or insightful as a carton of milk... Who the f**k is buying these books??

Well it's either that, or he'll have to sign with a TV company and discuss the quality of its blacker blacks and more vibrant colours to enhance his revenue stream.

Timbo

Staff member
Here's a fun stat;

In Wade's return to grade cricket last week, he did not keep wicket. Not like the prick needs practice or anything.

Also, with Wade and Paine both in Tasmania's shield squad today, who keeps? Given that Doran and McDermott are also both in there too, is that how bad Wade is that Tasmania think they need three backup keepers to shadow him?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well they already had 3 before he moved from Victoriania

maybe his is back up for the other three, lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
The Pup was a douchecanoe who was more interested in his own image than the Australian team.

It was no shock how quickly he found his way out the door when a few other batsmen started scoring runs and he was no longer indispensable.

agree

I remember when Punter was captain, seen a few SCG tests live. What you don't see on tv is when we were on top in the field Pup would literally run from cover or point to slip to have a quick word with punter and run back into position, he would do it couple of times an over. When things weren't going well he wouldn't bother. Make that what you will

2 weeks

Coach
Here's a fun stat;

In Wade's return to grade cricket last week, he did not keep wicket. Not like the prick needs practice or anything.

Also, with Wade and Paine both in Tasmania's shield squad today, who keeps? Given that Doran and McDermott are also both in there too, is that how bad Wade is that Tasmania think they need three backup keepers to shadow him?

Wade keeper.
Paine, Doran & McDermot backstops.

Timbo

Staff member
Well, they picked Doran and McDermott and Paine is 12th.

The same Paine who was mentioned as being a chance to take over from Wade, has been left out of the XI for him.

What an effing joke.

JJ

Immortal
agree

I remember when Punter was captain, seen a few SCG tests live. What you don't see on tv is when we were on top in the field Pup would literally run from cover or point to slip to have a quick word with punter and run back into position, he would do it couple of times an over. When things weren't going well he wouldn't bother. Make that what you will

Clarke had a carefully cultivated image... everything was done for a reason, and when there was good publicity to be had, he'd make sure he was in the picture

Iafeta

Referee
Put down the pitchforks chaps. As we all know, Matty has been keeping well and contributed a well compiled 1 yesterday. I think we can shut the gate on this one, it was a beautiful inner half of the bat and bit of thigh pad glance to fine leg for a well taken single and it has made the selectors sit up and take notice.

Latest posts