What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Bowen

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
i think they just are trying to be careful when they speak, they don't want to say something that people might get the wrong impression of. media do blow things up you know, but still im sure they can avoid ahhhh ummmmmm y'know every 2 seconds. david gallop is the bigesst ahhhhhhher in the game, ever second word is ahhhhh

Garts

Bench
At the end of the day he is paid to play football not speak on tv or give motivational speeches. What he is paid to do he does damn well.

Mr Saab

Referee
David Gallop is a very poor public speaker. Shocking in fact for someone in the position he is in.

Coaster

Bench
I like the way Bowen and Thurston speak,

It shows they are just normal blokes, not some media trained robots.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I remember Beau Champion being interviewed on radio, sounded good, hardly made any pauses.

Ben Creagh's a good speaker as well.

no name

Coach
Charlie124 said:
Whats more concerning are the morons WHOS JOB it is talk in front of the camera (im looking at you Laurie, Gordon and Jason (stevens))

Wayne Pearce is by far the worst speaker of the commentators.
Who cares how the players talk, the majority of them can't speak no good english

Jordan

Juniors
Bowen can be hard to understand at the best of times, but he's improved immensely over the last couple of seasons.. I used to only be able to understand about one word of every five, but now it's probably about three, so he is working on it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Shorty said:
This coming from the person who has less class than Warwick Capper:roll:

Matt Bowen is not a big talker,everybody knows that as are many greats in the NRL,I didn't realise they had to take a media course to be interviewed.

Why are you getting so defensive for, FFS?

Media course? Whoa. Hold up mate, maybe a literacy test first.

I agree with the person who mentioned the interviewers. The likes of Tallis can't string three words together either.

schnitzel

Juniors
Can't stand most of the player interviews on NRL on FOX. Same rubbish questions and mostly morons spouting the cliches they've heard from other blokes in the same position. Most impressed with brent kite although he seemed very shy, very up front about how he was on big $$$ at manly as a rep player and felt the pressure to perform at that level. No big head at all. Also love N. Hindmarsh interviews, speaks his mind clearly instead of hiding behind the cliches, even though it can be short and very abrupt at times. Steve Price is also a great ambassodor on telly.

They shouldn't interview players
Eg last year for example there'd be a question like `you're playing souths this week, that'll be a tough one'

`Yeah they've been going well and we'll have to be very careful and watch out. They have some dangerous players and we really have to be on our game and turn up'

For f**ks sake I want one player, just one, to say `they're sh*t and if we are on our game we'll put 40 on them and if that is the best side they've got they are kidding'

Watching footballers speak about an upcoming game is worse than watching paint dry

Why interview Mat Bowen for f**ks sake. I was watching my 1 year old mumble and dribble this morning and it occurred to me that even he is more coherent than Bowen

themanonthehill said:
y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know y'know

Great interview

They would get more sense asking questions of the goalposts at the Willows
give him a break - what is it with aussies and making fun of aborigines:)

Shorty

Staff member
hybrid_tiger said:
Why are you getting so defensive for, FFS?

Media course? Whoa. Hold up mate, maybe a literacy test first.

I agree with the person who mentioned the interviewers. The likes of Tallis can't string three words together either.
Wow I didn't realise you were the person I quoted!
How am I defensive?
Further more there are plenty of people with the same response yet you choose to target mine.

No,media course to learn how to speak to the camera.

Mr Saab

Referee
Glory be Lockyer said:
u see, thats what happens when u sniff paint.

thatsracist.gif