What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Burton - class act, on and off the field

mxlegend99

Referee
https://amp.nine.com.au/article/1f8f7c7b-7029-4b5a-b312-0852cd8d2a19

Came across this article.

What a classy young fella, is Burton.

Great player, too.

I love these types of good stories - well done, Panthers.
I was hoping the story would end with that deadshit thief getting chased down by Burton and his ass kicked by him... Although that obviously wouldn't have been praised by the media.

Matt Burton has always come across as a genuinely nice kid with a good head in his shoulders. Good on him for cheering up this kid and trying to make it right for him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dont forget that Stephen Crichten was nice enough to give his boots to the young bloke originally.
I like the culture that is being developed in the club.

Absolutely - that deserves a mention, too.

It's awesome to see that - despite all the success that the Panthers are having -, the team is made up of genuinely good blokes.

And it's nice to see a Western Sydney team dominate the comp.

mxlegend99

Referee
Dont forget that Stephen Crichten was nice enough to give his boots to the young bloke originally.
I like the culture that is being developed in the club.
Seems most the boys do it. My youngest got the boots from Brian To'o after the Storm game. Kikau gave his boots to a kid after the Dubbo game with same hair as he had. Critter doing it.

It's fantastic. My kid was so excited... Although i was probably more excited by it than he was. Kids remember these things and become fans for life.

Jane Murray

Bench
I was hoping the story would end with that deadshit thief getting chased down by Burton and his ass kicked by him... Although that obviously wouldn't have been praised by the media.

Matt Burton has always come across as a genuinely nice kid with a good head in his shoulders. Good on him for cheering up this kid and trying to make it right for him.
Well the thief was almost nabbed by some bystanders. What a hero he is, robbing a child? I hope karma catches up with him. Kudos to Crichton, for giving the young fella his boots in the first place, and to Burton, and Burton's mother for righting a wrong.

Last edited: