What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Cooper Says:

Look its pretty obvious & you have to agree. :sarcasm:

Entertaining football means letting Hayne do what he did against Manly.
I don't think it was all that good at any rate but the way they're carrying on you'd think he cured aids. Crap paper with worse excuses for journalists.

Unfortunately we have to accept one thing if we want to watch rugby league. Many supporters are not very smart and are easily brain washed by something they see in the paper or on TV.

I fail to comprehend how in a two sided contest, people criticise the team that scored 'more' points than the other for being boring. If I took them seriously it would do my head in. :lol:

Having said that ... Greg Prichard seems particularly hostile in his summation of us in his power rankings in the SMH.

They can ALL take a long walk off a short pier.

TheRev

First Grade
Someone put up a Dragons record last week or the week before and when we beat Parramatta wasn't it only the 3rd time we have won a Round 1 fixture since 1999?

Yep this doesnt surprise me, our season starts have been horrific (I recall one year we lost 6 straight), thats how I learnt that form in the early season is meaningless.. it only matters how your going at the end of the season.

But whats probably good about the Dragons of 2009/2010, is that we are a more consistant side, we are less likely to fall in a massive hole.. and its much elss frustrating to watch... and hey... maybe we can add some more variety into our attack later in the year when the players start gelling.

Note: I think peoples expectations of the Dragons are far too high (the media particularly), imo we have about half the talent of some of the big name clubs (who are full of rep players or fringe rep players), and that's why we lost last year, when we play a side with more stars that are all firing... we need luck on our side.

So in summary: We play boring because we have too, if we had a Gasnier or a superstar Halfback, it would be downright frightening (defence & more attacking options)... frankly we are outdoing ourselves currently, and thats all you can ask for.. we are winning games..

Ribs

Bench
FFS......

We threw the ball around for 10 years and got nowhere.

Teams have been throwing away 18 point leads by doing exactly that.

I'd rather put points on and close the games out, i believe we were taught that in the under 6s.

Doug2234

First Grade
Matt Cooper says: Know your role jabroni..

Do you smeeeeelllllllllllllllllll........... what the Coops is cooking!!!!

big pat

Coach
where do you guys think the telegraphs and some people on ch9's agenda stems from?

crapfield because he is a sharks ticket holder,so he hates the dragons, voss is a canterbury supporter and a f**kwit, gould has the sh*ts because bennett doesn't return his calls, johns is a wanker,vautin a one eyed manly and qld, the only unbias one is sterlo.

Divine

Bench
What are they all motivated by....FEAR. In the off season Bennett flagged that the Dragons will look to be more attacking. The first two games have indicated that won't be at the expense of the brickwall defence developed in 2009. The Dragons are smack bang where they ought to be after 2 rounds and WB looks well pleased.

big pat

Coach
did anyone see gould's diatribe on bennett re the new nrl commission, very scathing on sir wayne, by the knucklehead, don't know if it was coincidence or not, gould was at the souths game friday night.

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
^ yeah on the footy show last week...gould's an absolute toss.

It was unwarranted and i think sterlo got embarassed, he seriously made a fool of himself :lol:

tevoro

First Grade
Ah... but that was a trap laid by whoever controls the content on the Footy Show.
Gould only read snippets of the quote from Bennett.

Bennett is NOT against the idea of having an independent commission. If you read the complete article, Bennett is saying that there could be hidden motives on why News Ltd wants to pull out of the NRL. He was asking if there was any conditions on them pulling out.

And that was the quote they chose to put up for Gould to read. Based on that, Gould thought that Bennett was against the independence.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Ah... but that was a trap laid by whoever controls the content on the Footy Show.
Gould only read snippets of the quote from Bennett.

Bennett is NOT against the idea of having an independent commission. If you read the complete article, Bennett is saying that there could be hidden motives on why News Ltd wants to pull out of the NRL. He was asking if there was any conditions on them pulling out.

And that was the quote they chose to put up for Gould to read. Based on that, Gould thought that Bennett was against the independence.

He also picked the Dogs to win last week so he may be out of love with us of late. Boohoo!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
cooper.png

DB

First Grade
The tele only do cause we are a passionate bunch of supporters and we bite back when something is said wrongly about the club.

We did start off slowly in the first match, but in saying that Parra has some awesome defense. The attack looked a hell of a lot better last Friday against the doggies.

j0nesy

Bench
Friday night's game against the Bulldogs was only boring for Bulldog's supporters as their team looked incapable of crossing the try line. We threw it around for the first 15 minutes and got away to a match winning lead. After that we went back to doing what we do best - the tough stuff. We dominated all facets of the game. One sided? yes. Boring? no.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I'm glad some teams actually play defense in the NRL! Otherwise it would just turn into the crap Toyota Cup, all offense and no defense. And this from the telecrap why am I not surprised!

Latest posts