What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Col1

Juniors
I do not post very often but please we may still be in the crap with our squad (how Milward is still employed?) but we are much better off without Dufty he is not/was not the player to take us up the ladder. I hope he goes well at the dogs but more of the same was never going to give us the change we needed. I think Mickey Lane may have been generous in ranking Dufty at 12.

BLM01

First Grade
I must admit 19yo Sloan does the little things that Dufty doesn’t so much better -
- very tidy at the back w loose balls
- committed kick returns
- consistently trails ball runners
and he can run!!
What about the 2 tries he has scored and even the set up one for Beale.
That was Dufty like when he burst onto the scene and the Beale set up I have never seen Dufty do. Sloan has debuted at a younger age than Matt

Illusion

Bench
What about the 2 tries he has scored and even the set up one for Beale.
That was Dufty like when he burst onto the scene and the Beale set up I have never seen Dufty do. Sloan has debuted at a younger age than Matt
Agree the guy doesn't run he glides ...... He will be ok , but I hope when the kid makes mistakes and they will happen lets not all death ride him .....

Spazer

Juniors
Sloan is an excellent backer upper.
Always there. Dufty isn’t.
I always find it interesting when people say this. Half of duffs tries are from him backing up a line break, he's fantastic at it.

Nothing against sloan though, he also has that same style of wanting to back up the ball runner and he's doing it so early on in his career too which is good signs.

I always find it interesting when people say this. Half of duffs tries are from him backing up a line break, he's fantastic at it.

Nothing against sloan though, he also has that same style of wanting to back up the ball runner and he's doing it so early on in his career too which is good signs.
Sloan is always there waiting for the offload. Quinlan was great at it too. Dufty only backs up on line breaks.

I don't agree. There have been plenty of games this season where he's backed up on the inside of a hunt/norman run. Quinlan was great at it too, very similar player.
To be fair to Matt Dufty, he too backs up breaks.

It’s his inconsistency in many key areas that cost him a contract.

Sloan has just turned 18 and is pure footballer.

Like the fact he is talking from fullback to his team mates. He seems comfortable from the get go.

Early days. We have had many juniors who were categorised as the next big thing. I am hopeful he continues to develop.

Illusion

Bench
IMO Dufty is OK in backing up department but I see heaps of times where he is not
it might not be fair to compare but those great fullbacks Teddy and co are always there
Agree but they are playing in better sides that are going forwards and creating opportunities...... so for me Duff has really been a gun attacker for me scoring and setting up tries in a team that doesn't create or go foward much ..... put Duff behind the Storm , Easts , Penrith then lets see how much he gets bagged .....

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree but they are playing in better sides that are going forwards and creating opportunities...... so for me Duff has really been a gun attacker for me scoring and setting up tries in a team that doesn't create or go foward much ..... put Duff behind the Storm , Easts , Penrith then lets see how much he gets bagged .....
What's happened to our cut out passes of late - no Dufty? We need someone who can inject himself in the attacking movements and throw the cut out passes with precision. Just because Rava isn't there doesn't mean not to do it.

denis preston

First Grade
I dont care if we don't buy one back from hereon. The most high NRL standard forwards we can secure will make every one in the backlines job so much easier.

kit66

Bench
I think Dufty might get a gig with the Doggies, I know Gus has big raps on him, maybe he'll have a word in Barrett's ear.

kit66

Bench
What's happened to our cut out passes of late - no Dufty? We need someone who can inject himself in the attacking movements and throw the cut out passes with precision. Just because Rava isn't there doesn't mean not to do it.

That's Norman's job but he's incapable of throwing a pass to his left it seems. Remeber those left sweeping raids Widdop used to put on, bit of depth, players in motion, threw some great passes. What happened to those. Now we get to watch other teams do it with great style and success - Penrith, Storm, Eels. Dufty has his uses, great speed, great cut-out passes, great scapegoat for all and sundry.