What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And the purpose of your reply was?????
Jersey No 14 makes a perfectly legitimate point and If you couldn't understand the post then best you give it away.
1. His points were not valid, as clearly Dufty knows how to play.

2. If he is critiquing Dufty on his football ability, Dufty would have a valid right of reply to critique his ability to convey his message correctly.

j0nesy

Bench
We just don't make enough breaks for players to sniff around the ruck like Tedesco and Slater who live up in the line just waiting.
Our game plan doesn't include it, so it is more ad hoc and therefore hard to predict when to be up in the line.

Good point mate - we are 12th for line breaks. Interestingly, but unrelated, Zac Lomax has made the most line breaks for us and hasn’t played a lot of minutes.

Edit - I got this wrong (looked at the wrong stats). In fact Pereira has made the most line breaks for us And we are 10th when it comes to line breaks.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
1. His points were not valid, as clearly Dufty knows how to play.

2. If he is critiquing Dufty on his football ability, Dufty would have a valid right of reply to critique his ability to convey his message correctly.
FMD Muzby you are being argumentative for the sheer sake of it.
Plenty of posts in this place critiquing players ability and never do you respond in such pompous aka "arsehole" fashion.
The point he was making was about Dufty playing in the 7 jumper and there is nothing to say he knows how to do that at NRL level.
If the players responded to the negative posts about them in this place there wouldn't be space or time available for any of us to post anything.
You were just being a dick so admit it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
FMD Muzby you are being argumentative for the sheer sake of it.
Plenty of posts in this place critiquing players ability and never do you respond in such pompous aka "arsehole" fashion.
The point he was making was about Dufty playing in the 7 jumper and there is nothing to say he knows how to do that at NRL level.
Nope..

I see a keyboard warrior picking on the playing skills of a guy who’s living the dream that 99.9% of us never get to do..

So it’s only fair that given the chance, a player would get to pick on the keyboard skills of said warrior..

If the players responded to the negative posts about them in this place there wouldn't be space or time available for any of us to post anything.
You were just being a dick so admit it.
And here I was thinking it was a forum for dragons supporters..

My bad..

Jersey No 14

Juniors
In reply he may tell you to learn English..
Stupid is - STUPID DOES
The game has many problems - Which includes
Many of the spectators grown up on this new style can't spot the difference - or aGod Given talent.
They Yell and scream at its barbaric nature and sitting in my season ticket seats people around me seem to not be aware is what they are looking at.
The Melbourne Storm have the gift. Billy Slatet (Not A big guy) was a prize which will be empowered with Immortal status.
Listen to the way Andrew John analyses a game - Almost always right
Yet some morons like (the Above) shoot their mouths off and they themselves are always right.
Please mate - take a moment before you speak
Please mate - take a moment and look at whats before you
and just maybe - you might actually learn something about this great game we call Rugby League

Jersey No 14

Juniors
And another thing
Will somebody in St George Power please sack Mary and appoint Jason Demetriou before its too late
I see a very good side (our side) going to waste because of poor manageemnt decisions.
Another wasted season is before us - and quickly passing

denis preston

First Grade
Wow, bugger that Dufty should model himself on Tedesco , he should model himself on Ryan Papenhuyzen. He backs up in the middle, safe in the air , rivals if not quicker than Duff and his defense is at least equal. AND he is 3 kilos lighter.
Another example of how Melbourne shits on us in professionalism as a club.

possm

Coach
Wow, bugger that Dufty should model himself on Tedesco , he should model himself on Ryan Papenhuyzen. He backs up in the middle, safe in the air , rivals if not quicker than Duff and his defense is at least equal. AND he is 3 kilos lighter.
Another example of how Melbourne shits on us in professionalism as a club.
It helps that the Storm have one of the best head coaches in the NRL, he obviously knows his stuff and how to run his staff.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It helps that the Storm have one of the best head coaches in the NRL, he obviously knows his stuff and how to run his staff.
Could you imagine how much better he would be if he had Millward as his talent management guy?

That would be a dynamic duo..

Old Timer

Coach
We should sign this Slatet guy..

He sounds good..
Typical dick head post by you.
The art of communication is to understand what people are saying not constantly correcting them.
You knew what he meant but you couldn't help yourself.
Your pedantry is boorish.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Typical dick head post by you.
The art of communication is to understand what people are saying not constantly correcting them.
You knew what he meant but you couldn't help yourself.
Your pedantry is boorish.
You do realise you’re doing exactly this yourself...?

Old Timer

Coach
You do realise you’re doing exactly this yourself...?
Honestly Muzby you really do like causing shit by missing the most obvious of points (on purpose I suspect).
I'm not being a pedant, I'm simply telling you that you are being a dick head and railroading posts with your village idiot attitude and seriously bad attempts at humour.
What was the real intent of your post #288?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Honestly Muzby you really do like causing shit by missing the most obvious of points (on purpose I suspect).
I'm not being a pedant, I'm simply telling you that you are being a dick head and railroading posts with your village idiot attitude and seriously bad attempts at humour.
No, you are trying to correct me as you don’t believe what I’ve typed is accurate..

So you are doing the exact same thing..

You and I are kindred spirits, drawn together in this mad, mad world..

What was the real intent of your post #288?

What an odd question.. Well, my 288th post was way back in 2007, where I asking the question about who Jamie Soward was..

My intent there was to find out more about this unknown player from the roosters we had just signed..

getsmarty

Immortal
How Dufty can be No.1 again: Soward
Author
Stuart Honeysett
Timestamp
Wed 22 May 2019, 01:17 PM

St George Illawarra Dragons fullback Matt Dufty needs to work on his defence during his stint in the Canterbury Cup NSW if he is to have any chance of breaking back into the NRL team, according to True Blue Jamie Soward.

Dufty paid the price for the Dragons four-match losing streak after being omitted from the squad with young gun Zac Lomax taking his spot. The Dragons No.1 was subsequently named in the Canterbury Cup NSW team to face the Newtown Jets in Wollongong on Sunday.

Dufty has provided moments of attacking brilliance this season, most notably his brilliant solo try against the Sydney Roosters at the SCG on Anzac Day, but he struggled in defence during the heavy loss to the Newcastle Knights after missing four tackles while another two were ineffective.

“The Dragons are like the Panthers,” Soward told nswrl.com.au.

“They’ve really struggled to find back three consistency this year, Matt Dufty as well.

“Zac Lomax going into that preferred spot and we’ve all heard the raps on him. Hopefully he’ll be able to settle into that position and play a full 80 minutes. I think it’s bene frustrating for him and Euan Aitken being off the bench one week and only playing 50 minutes.

“Matt Dufty needs to go down and work on some things, defensively as well, and then try and get back in that squad but Zac Lomax huge chance this week.

Soward also said the addition of Dufty to the Dragons line-up in the Canterbury Cup NSW should ensure they have too much firepower for the Jets on Sunday.

“I think the Jets last week while they had a big week were disappointing in some of their defensive errors towards the back end of that game,” Soward said.

“The Dragons will go with plenty of confidence, they’re rolling.

“Darren Nicholls has had a couple of games under his belt since coming back from injury so I expect the Dragons to go and do a job on Newtown.”

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/...ust-improve-defence-to-reclaim-fullback-spot/

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Matt Dufty is finding dealing with bombs difficult when our forwards are losing the battle in the middle. Oppositions kickers get the time to put up pin point bombs and their chasers are on the front foot ready to chase them down. He then finds himself with opposing players that dwarf him in bulk competing for the high ball. All is not lost, I remember Billy Slater in his earlier part of his career susceptible under the high ball and look how he turned out. Dufty has the talents and the right attitude so he is destined to succeed.

Matt Dufty is finding dealing with bombs difficult when our forwards are losing the battle in the middle. Oppositions kickers get the time to put up pin point bombs and their chasers are on the front foot ready to chase them down. He then finds himself with opposing players that dwarf him in bulk competing for the high ball. All is not lost, I remember Billy Slater in his earlier part of his career susceptible under the high ball and look how he turned out. Dufty has the talents and the right attitude so he is destined to succeed.

It was an unfortunate game for Duff.
An unfortunate day to be fullback :grinning:
The Knights defence did a good job on everybody, not just Duff.
This put more pressure than usual on him under the high ball.
Also, on two or three of those tries, he had a a player with speed and sidestep coming at him. Namely Ponga (spelling?).
And (perhaps), the Knights were in good attacking position when their kicks went up. This made it easier for their defence to swarm over Duff.
Who would be a fullback eh?

Like you I want Duff to succeed.
He does have great talents and attitude.

Some players get years to develop - eg Aitken.
Matt has had 12 months.

I hope he can come back from this.

Latest posts