What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

blacksafake

First Grade

possm

Coach
Was a great try.
If someone like Ponga or Tedesco scored it it would be all over the highlights reel.
Everyone credits Dufty with the ability to attack in broken field. The problem is all related to his body shape and his ability to perform mandatory skills consistently and at a high level. Fullback is not his position but maybe five-eighth is.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Everyone credits Dufty with the ability to attack in broken field. The problem is all related to his body shape and is ability to perform mandatory skills consistently and at a high level. Fullback is not his position but maybe five-eighth is.
With all the wingers now being big tall units the kick into the corner option is a big one. It’s got me stuffed though why they don’t put more grabbers through for the likes of Dufty to chase through. Those big units will struggle to get down and pick it before the little pocket rocket dives on it.

Como Connection

First Grade
With all the wingers now being big tall units the kick into the corner option is a big one. It’s got me stuffed though why they don’t put more grabbers through for the likes of Dufty to chase through. Those big units will struggle to get down and pick it before the little pocket rocket dives on it.
Exactly, instead of the kick in the air all the time, a few along the ground is a smart move, been waiting for this to occur regularly, alas just a kick and hope.
CC

Crush

Coach
Matt Dufty. I wanted so bad for him to succeed. I talked him up to all my mates "wait till you see this kid run!"
and then it started, the dropped bombs, the rag-dolling. At first I made excuses for him, defending him. But it became apparent as the season went on, he actually IS too small and he clearly has mental issues with the high ball.
If Matt Dufty is our starting fullback we are in trouble.

Dragonsamy

Bench
His attitude is his biggest problem when things are going well he goes well but when things are not going well he sooks

getsmarty

Immortal
Matt Dufty. I wanted so bad for him to succeed. I talked him up to all my mates "wait till you see this kid run!"
and then it started, the dropped bombs, the rag-dolling. At first I made excuses for him, defending him. But it became apparent as the season went on, he actually IS too small and he clearly has mental issues with the high ball.

Just needed decent coaching...None of his issues were resolved much like other players... = Coach

SAP58

Juniors
The stats show Duffy is 1.79cm and 83kg in comparison Ryan Papenhuyzen is 1.81cm and 80kg, not much difference is size but a totally different attitude which shows in their performances !

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Catching high balls or bombs is an art form. Every fullback drops them from time to time.
Wind, sun, type of kick all come into play when catching the ball. Buttvthere are 2 basic principles that apply in all cases. Eyes and hands. Eyes on the ball and soft hands/arms. If you don't believe me go to the park and kick a few bombs to yourself and ser how difficult it is.
The final piece is approaching the ball with confidence. Confidence builds confidence.

Dufty, if he's to remain as a fullback , needs coaching in the areas mentioned above. If only we had one!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Catching high balls or bombs is an art form. Every fullback drops them from time to time.
Wind, sun, type of kick all come into play when catching the ball. Buttvthere are 2 basic principles that apply in all cases. Eyes and hands. Eyes on the ball and soft hands/arms. If you don't believe me go to the park and kick a few bombs to yourself and ser how difficult it is.
The final piece is approaching the ball with confidence. Confidence builds confidence.

Dufty, if he's to remain as a fullback , needs coaching in the areas mentioned above. If only we had one!

I tend to think catching a high ball with ease is a gift. To the naturals, they don’t even have to think about it.

If someone is fast and is put at fullback, they need to be a natural l reckon.

When they’re under pressure it the most telling. The naturals can do it, the others crumble.

I really wanted Dufty to do well.

Latest posts