What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Kylez3

Juniors
Papenhuyzen's work rate was immense tonight. Absolutely no fear running up against the big men. Has to be one of the fittest players in the comp. He was absolutely everywhere tonight, searching for the ball.

Conditions made it pretty tough. Kafusi's tackle appeared pretty piss poor on first viewing.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Papenhuyzen's work rate was immense tonight. Absolutely no fear running up against the big men. Has to be one of the fittest players in the comp. He was absolutely everywhere tonight, searching for the ball.

Conditions made it pretty tough. Kafusi's tackle appeared pretty piss poor on first viewing.
So how did the eels score their tries when he was involved in all 3 of them?

A good fullback would have stopped those, no?

Maddragon99

Juniors

Ramsey will be the equal the revelation next year & beyond. Telling he’s already been extended while Dufty’s future remains clouded.

I’d like to see Sloan get a run as well at some point if Ravalawa’s form drops.

possm

Coach
Looks like Dufty will be staying put, the Warriors went in a different direction;

The Brisbane Broncos are reportedly privately “filthy” after losing teenage sensation Reece Walsh to the Warriors, in a deal confirmed on Thursday.

The Broncos released a statement announcing they had lost the talented fullback to the Warriors, but he will continue see out the 2021 season with the club.

The Warriors released a statement to announce Walsh has signed a three-year deal and is reportedly seen as the club’s future fullback once Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leaves.
Unfortunately, it may not be up to Dufty to stay put. His contract is up and if his form remans the same, he may have no choice but to find another club.

Dragon David

First Grade

Papenhuyzen made catching the high balls in the rain look like he has trained very hard at and you could see from that how confident a player he is. If only Dufty had that ability.

Now that the Warriors have signed young Reece Walsh from the Broncos and who is only 19 and has great reports of his abilities, the door would be firmly shut for Dufty going over the ditch now.

Most clubs I suppose will know by now what Dufty is all about as we know of him so any club interested in signing him would need to have due diligence. Jai Field was a player held in reasonable high regard and he looked the goods for a time but has basically turned into an also ran player and playing in the Super League.

I'm thinking that Hook will continue to use him and try very hard to get him to the "Papenhuyzen" level for this year and if he isn't consistently doing most things right, he would not be re-signed which would disappoint me.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep you got to wonder though how long George Jennings will be playing 1st grade at the Storm
I reckon Bellamy is eyeing a replacement pretty soon
G Jennings nowhere near the class of Vunivalu but who is? Sivo outplayed him last night and Bellamy would not have liked that one bit.

BLM01

First Grade
Papenhuyzen made catching the high balls in the rain look like he has trained very hard at and you could see from that how confident a player he is. If only Dufty had that ability.

Now that the Warriors have signed young Reece Walsh from the Broncos and who is only 19 and has great reports of his abilities, the door would be firmly shut for Dufty going over the ditch now.

Most clubs I suppose will know by now what Dufty is all about as we know of him so any club interested in signing him would need to have due diligence. Jai Field was a player held in reasonable high regard and he looked the goods for a time but has basically turned into an also ran player and playing in the Super League.

I'm thinking that Hook will continue to use him and try very hard to get him to the "Papenhuyzen" level for this year and if he isn't consistently doing most things right, he would not be re-signed which would disappoint me.
Everyone needs to remember Hook needs time to turn some of these players around if he can especially those with Dufty potential. We all know who the passengers are and they will stay that way.
I believe in Dufty's ability to be able to get to being our long term successful fullback.
This is the year to make it happen Hook..or not. Give the coach time, they are not miracle workers

Maddragon99

Juniors
No excuses for Dufty.
He came through our system with Gerard Beale as fullback plus a combo of chinless / L Plate as Coaches.
Surprised he hasn’t developed into a Rep player yet.
This is Dufty’s 4th year of first grade, how much longer does he need to develop? Surely catching kickoffs is as fundamental as it gets. Depending on the teams form it’s only a matter of time before Hook starts to tinker with the spine with Norman & Dufty’s spots under pressure

Dragon David

First Grade
This is Dufty’s 4th year of first grade, how much longer does he need to develop? Surely catching kickoffs is as fundamental as it gets. Depending on the teams form it’s only a matter of time before Hook starts to tinker with the spine with Norman & Dufty’s spots under pressure
Like so many league players, Dufty started his career in the juniors and eventually found himself playing in first grade for the Dragons in 2017 when he was about 21. We all know that his attacking skills are great. However, his defensive skills including taking bombs and kicks in general play in any game can be heart attack material. These are fundamental things a fullback should be adept at and somehow Dufty just hasn't been able to consistently do these things when he has had years to practise.

I like him mainly for his attack but if he doesn't fix his catching and defence in the next month or so, Hook might hook him and put Ramsey in that position.

If Rava can improve, why can't Dufty?