What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Maddragon99

Juniors
Dufty would have scored a try under the sticks.

The Sharks bloke would have been swinging at thin air instead of Ramsey's head.

Get him back on the park and resign him.
That’s the biggest fairytale I’ve seen on here in a while. Dufty would have never broken all the tackles that Ramsey did. Dufty is elusive, not physically dynamic. The only way to stop Ramsey was to knock him out.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No worries Forbes.

Hypotheticals are a bit of fun and I thought he would have scored, that's all.
You should watch it again. When he starts the run Hiroti is way back up the field. Ramsey runs 15 metres before he even gets to him. He also zig zags a bit and breaks at least two tackles before he gets to Hiroti. It’s not as though he was in open space and got clean run down. It was a pretty good run.

Illusion

Bench
That’s the biggest fairytale I’ve seen on here in a while. Dufty would have never broken all the tackles that Ramsey did. Dufty is elusive, not physically dynamic. The only way to stop Ramsey was to knock him out.
Yep and Duff probably doesn't even try and take the bomb in the first place .... mate its all in good fun ..... there is good points for both these guy's so I don't know why they can't be in the same team together ......

Would we say Duffy is elusive? Definately explosive speed, but can't think of a single time he beat someone at low speed. Ramsey is definately elusive.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
I posted earlier 40mins not sufficient to be making any judgments. Also Ramsey is playing busted putting the team first given how short we are in the backline right now.

Ramsey will have 4-5 weeks to show us what he can do I’d rather wait & see before good coin is spent extending Dufty or trying to sign Hynes or Kennedy
Would we say Duffy is elusive? Definately explosive speed, but can't think of a single time he beat someone at low speed. Ramsey is definately elusive.
Duffy has probly best cut out pass in the nrl.I definitely think he should get a chance at 5,/8 backs up well and less of a defensive liability.Doesn't have to worry about the bombs.Norman to Canterbury cup

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
If let let him go.its a shame.
Can score tries others can't.
There are only a few fb that ate great in defence.
Many of our tries are created by him.
We will as usual miss out on other player, and be left short again,by signing a,Neville.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Talk on Face Book Danny Weidler and Gus Gould "Dufty by wanted at Dragons and not football related".
Are these blokes making shit up?

mickeylane

Bench
Had to happen and im right behind this because you cant win the comp w the 10th best fullback in the NRL....Hook would have someone in mind if not Ramsay but as reported Nico Hynes and Kennedy...he maybe even thinking Milford for FB which would be risky but on the cards....

BLM01

First Grade
Danny Weidler has claimed Dragons told Duffy he is free to look elsewhere and it’s believed Dragons will make a play for Nicko Hynes.
It is clear Dufty’s manager has gone to the media and expressed it like a manager does now desperately seeking a contract for next year.

I am disappointed as I see some upside with him but at 25 odd I can see the downside
Gus did his best to imply why “not football related” okay Gus we will fill in the blanks “attitude”

I have to trust the club on this one
Although if Gus is telling the truth And have been trying to get rid of him for 2 years, why re-sign him last time... :laughing:
I can now assume they have got the replacement set before telling him

Of course Weidler can’t understand what he’s done wrong, he is a journo with the blinkers on can only see one part of the game
Weidler was trying to think of clubs that would have him. mentioned the Bulldogs, wow... team coming last, mentioned Brisbane.. no won’t happen and then scrambling thought of maybe warriors.
No Danny have you watched Reece Walsh play at 18
Keep scratching your head Danny and write articles how good Dufty is and speculating for his manager.

the answer will become clearer although your mate Gus basically told you why

VodkaSaint

Juniors
I knew that would happen, you can win a few games with Duffy but thats about it, there is no way this club can go to great height with Duffy, I love the guy but he is not the answer and neither was Mcinnes , if we dont get Hynes there a re many options starting with out own Juniors and perhaps that is what the coaching staff is looking at.
Hook doesnt Mind young Players, and we have a few .

Wittenberg

Juniors
I remember not too many years ago that the Forum was chanting for the new ‘gun’, Matt Dufty. He was going to be our saviour. He has some deficiencies so we now want our gun gone. Pity. I’m sure we will replace him with someone who can score and set up just as many tries….??? And we have a good history on this Forum of accurately assessing who should stay and who should go ……really? Many were happy enough to see Garrick go yet bemoaned the loss of Timm. Where is Timm now? Garrick? Ramsey will be good for us…..is he the new messiah, in my opinion no, but he will develop. As yet I see him as a good finisher, not a creator. He is, on the whole, better in the air and his defence is better but I don’t see a ball playing fullback in Ramsey. And Nicho Hynes is almost certainly going to Brisbane and Cronulla have already said that if money is the only factor, they will not lose their fullback. Anyway onward and upward I hope the anti Dufty group prove to be right and that we sign or develop someone who can take his place. It will be interesting to see if the new gun, Ramsey, becomes the saviour, or becomes another player who fails to live up to our hype.

Latest posts