What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

smi962

First Grade
Again...he has had 5 years to develop in the top grade...in Attack...Improved...defense...unfortunately not the case....Can you point to a time over the last 5 years where Dufty has won us a game against a top 4 side more than once...eg The Storm/Panthers etc....when he does score against these sides, it inevitably gets cancelled out because he will also cost us a try or more in defense.

Don't get me wrong...I have loved watching him play in the red V and it is sad to see him go...But..and the big but is, there is obviously something the coaching staff knows that we don't. We can go around in circles, but he is on the way out and that's that.

Personally I wish him all the best and thank him for all the great tries and excitement he has bought to many fans....its now time to move on...
Shouldn't be judged over past 5 years but the past 2 years where he shown much better consistency and attitude. I would agree with you if we had a ready made replacement. Sloan is not ready yet and don't think Ramsey is the answer. I think we will be in for a tough time in attack next year and possibly next year without Dufty.

Old Timer

Coach
If Dufty did go to Canberra and they did move C N-K to the centres I wouldn't mind betting that when Dufty makes a soft cock missed tackle C N-K will be giving it to him in spades and might get sent to the bin for giving his own player a head high.

If Dufty can't handle any criticism here there are way too many tough nuts at the Raiders for him.

In amongst all the why don't we offer him this or that maybe we did offer something and he said no and just maybe he wanted something more and maybe that is just too much?

No good of criticising Hook & Co until the facts are known.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Weidler on BSB this morning saying he heard it was because dufty doesn’t take too kind to criticism.
This could be what Hook has been saying re other stuff he needs to work on.
He wouldn’t be the first star junior to make grade & then just expect it all to happen instead of working hard on their deficiencies.
I’d imagine Hook would not be one to let a player know where they stood in a polite manner.

That's a shame.

Imagine the player he could be if he could.

Having a previous coach that didn't take to kindly to the same didn't help him in the department.

For the record, I would sign Matt Dufty if the price is right to play the role of Super substitute at 14.

Dufty as a super sub never worked under Mary. He’d come on with 10 minutes to go when we’re behind by 12 and it was like hey just throw it to Dufty. So predictable.

Hook would utilise him better as a sub … if he was staying but he isn’t.

BBTB

Juniors
I honestly think people are looking too much into this...I think that the decision was Hook's, as to who he wants to keep at the club...

Norman or Dufty...

They are both off contract at the end of the year and realistically Hook can't keep both...

Based on Hook's praise of Norman to the media, and the constant watering down of any positive comments that were put to him about Dufty's performances, I came to the conclusion a while ago, that Hook will choose to re-sign Norman and therefore Dufty would be shown the door...

I think that Norman, as pathetic as he has been for us for the last three years, will be re-signed, and the nightmare that we all thought was coming to an end this year, will continue into next year and probably beyond...

I pray to god that i am wrong, for all our sakes, but i can honestly see Norman being retained at the expense of Dufty, and I can see the fans turning nuclear on the club and this forum going into complete meltdown...

Praying I'm wrong 🙏
Wow! Hope your wrong.Norman is a bludger, that doesn't do a lot for our team. Running game nonexistent... Hides in defense.
Dufty, good running game, high% in try assists, but no effort in defense.
Dufty for me.
Norman out...

be55

Juniors
Wow! Hope your wrong.Norman is a bludger, that doesn't do a lot for our team. Running game nonexistent... Hides in defense.
Dufty, good running game, high% in try assists, but no effort in defense.
Dufty for me.
Norman out...
Mate, I could be wrong, but I think that Hook likes Norman and rates him highly...praying I am wrong but I think he will re-sign Norman, and if this happens, I am scared that my head will literally explode into a thousand pieces...

Illusion

Bench
Mate, I could be wrong, but I think that Hook likes Norman and rates him highly...praying I am wrong but I think he will re-sign Norman, and if this happens, I am scared that my head will literally explode into a thousand pieces...
Get ready I can see it coming ......

Dragonslayer

First Grade

I have a feeling this is on the cards and it's really not a comparison of Duff v Norman.

Hook may keep Norman gor an extra year simply due to the fact the ready made replacement isn't perceived to be ready. And yes I'm referring to Bud here. Bud hardly played last year, and this year has been out with injury most of the time. What about Amone you might say? Well I think there are other plans for him other than in the halves. Hence, I think a 1yr extension could happen.

But, hey, just my opinion. In any case I think Bud, with a good pre-season, would rip it up next year anyway, Norman or no Norman.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I’d like Dufty to stay until there is a better option but not on $600,000 a year. The bottom line is we won’t win a premiership with him at fullback however in saying that he is not the top priority that needs changing. Just saying.
Has there been any confirmation or source to back up this $600K claim? I asked earlier. Sounds like it has been made up. Still happy to be corrected

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Attack, best form of defense.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Weidler on BSB this morning saying he heard it was because dufty doesn’t take too kind to criticism.
This could be what Hook has been saying re other stuff he needs to work on.
He wouldn’t be the first star junior to make grade & then just expect it all to happen instead of working hard on their deficiencies.
I’d imagine Hook would not be one to let a player know where they stood in a polite manner.
That’s a very annoying trait. I currently have an apprentice with the same attitude. It’s extremely difficult to train someone with that attitude. That’s if it’s actually true, could just be speculation from Danny boy.

possm

Coach
Seriously if Hook wants The Milf over The Duff the assistant coaches both who played for the Dragons should get someone to talk about loyalty at the club I'm thinking about is Ben Creagh. Ben Hornby and Jason Nightingale maybe Albert but his son was shown the door and Albert sacked as coach. Nah sorry cupboards a bit bare on the loyalty thing with the Dragons.
Dragons won't keep Dufty or Norman. Pereira and Ellis also on their way. I will be keeping my good eye on Steward, our reserve grade fullback this week. He has be going great guns and looks to have the goods.

I feel sure we have the replacement for Dufty within our junior ranks. It could be Sloan, Ramsey or even Stewart. Schiller looks to be an option as a future left centre.

Latest posts