What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Saint Angelo

Juniors
To be honest all this hysteria about Matt Duffy from here and the media is over the top
We let go of even a much better player a few years back in Brett Morris
No where near attracted the same criticism from the media... why?
The fans were outraged but soon tamed
Because every body’s mate Mary was in charge and he just wanted to play with his brother.. OK

Why didn’t dragons move heaven and earth to get his brother back at our club and having them playing together like they were still in 2021.. imagine having them 2 together for the last 6-7 years... yet no criticism

They likely would not have wanted to come but still we didn’t try or try hard enough
We thought they were past it and not worth the money they wanted 🤔😫

Warriors let go of a much higher profile Shaun Johnson
Penrith Luke Lewis, Matt Moylan Wade Graham
Tigers - Teddy. JAC
Cowboys Ponga
Let’s not forget a superior player to a club in Adam Reynolds

There are plenty out there as good and even better than Dufty that left other clubs
But not near the same repeated furore.. why?
Is it a bag Hook or a Dragons thing for signing Hook?
I don’t get it

3 months ago or when we were on our losing streak recently most would not of cared
But a highlights reel against a club in poor form.... well
you know the rest
As soon as McGregor was announced as the Dragons full-time head coach in 2014, Brett was gone.
Simply as that.

blaza88z

Coach
What sort of strange revisionist history is this? Milford was one of the top 3 players in the world in 2015? How does one get to this world? Seems like an interesting place to visit.

If Benny Hunt doesn't have a brain explosion (not just talking about the dropped kick off either) in the later stages of the Grand Final, then Milford is your Clive Churchill medallist.

I will say this though, for Milford to get back to that level of play he's going to need to seek some mental health help as I don't care what anyone has to say, playing in one of the biggest sporting franchises in Australia as the marquee man on a huge contract and failing every single week, he can't be in a good place. I know the fans on social media haven't missed him with their criticism and I am sure it wouldn't be much better in the flesh.

It won't be as simple and signing him for 200-300k and watching him prosper in Round 1, there's a bit of work there that needs to be done to get his confidence back. Last time he played for us he couldn't even deliver a pass to first receiver from dummy half.

Walpole

Juniors
If Benny Hunt doesn't have a brain explosion (not just talking about the dropped kick off either) in the later stages of the Grand Final, then Milford is your Clive Churchill medallist.

I will say this though, for Milford to get back to that level of play he's going to need to seek some mental health help as I don't care what anyone has to say, playing in one of the biggest sporting franchises in Australia as the marquee man on a huge contract and failing every single week, he can't be in a good place. I know the fans on social media haven't missed him with their criticism and I am sure it wouldn't be much better in the flesh.

It won't be as simple and signing him for 200-300k and watching him prosper in Round 1, there's a bit of work there that needs to be done to get his confidence back. Last time he played for us he couldn't even deliver a pass to first receiver from dummy half.
More than a few blokes have won the Clive Churchill medal without being anywhere near the top three players in the world. And if he needs any sort of mental health support the Dragons are certainly not the club for him. Maybe a successful club with no fans or very little media scrutiny in their own city would be best. Roosters or Melbourne seem a good fit.

Although we seem to be putting together the 2015 Broncos team in Wollongong these days so I guess he's a chance.

How about compare missing player list to this time last year as well as different rule interpretations this year
I think there has been obvious improvement not great but in both departments

But wouldn't doing that reflect the same impression many had of Paul McGregor of using "excuses"?

BLM01

First Grade
As soon as McGregor was announced as the Dragons full-time head coach in 2014, Brett was gone.
Simply as that.
That may be true, I know I was real peeved with losing him and blame all at the club
But their was still less media questioning in comparison to now which is the point
It is like they are dying to know the behind the scenes reason and wont rest until they know.

No these are the facts, not excuses.
You are the one bringing up stats to say we are no better team than last year and look no different.
Id say forget about all that and we do look a different more together side playing with pride
Well feel free to find out our injuries and absences last season compared to this one and compare for yourself.

BLM01

First Grade
Well feel free to find out our injuries and absences last season compared to this one and compare for yourself.
I have and when we in that slump after the magic round debacle we were in a far worse position with quality of players out from last year
Let alone playing a game with 12 men which was a write off
and much lower on the ladder same time last year
more facts
Outside of statistical for and against what is your facts to back up why we are no better side than last year at the mid way point

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Let's see here...

Broncos have procured Reynolds and Lee
Bulldogs will have Burton and Addo-Carr
Sharks will have superstar Hynes
Knights have already got Ponga
Titans already have Brimson
Warriors have locked up Walsh
Cowboys have Holmes and are adding Townshend

Compare our backline recruitment to some of the weakest teams in the comp and we look very lacking in strike power.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Helps explain things a bit more
Talk about a character assassination.
- Dufty was the "cause" of all Bronco's tries? Yeah right.
- Defensive issues under a number of coaches? How about under one perennially useless coach.
- Dufty isn't Tedesco, Trjbojevic or Gutherson? Fair enough, but then
- we don't want to spend more than $500k on a fullback. Hello? Anyone home? Tedesco/Turbo/Gutho and $500k are mutually exclusive.
- Dufty isn't great at defusing kicks? OK, but turns out he isn't the worst either. Maybe we should make a play for Isaako who has a 7.3% better success rate at kick defusal.
- Hasn't had success at the Dragons in the last five years? How on earth is that Dufty's fault? You may as well sack the entire side based on that logic.
- Attitude? Raises this as an issue then makes the point that this is based solely on speculation.

I sincerely hope the Dragons didn't feed this drivel to Chammas.

Illusion

Bench
Talk about a character assassination.
- Dufty was the "cause" of all Bronco's tries? Yeah right.
- Defensive issues under a number of coaches? How about under one perennially useless coach.
- Dufty isn't Tedesco, Trjbojevic or Gutherson? Fair enough, but then
- we don't want to spend more than $500k on a fullback. Hello? Anyone home? Tedesco/Turbo/Gutho and $500k are mutually exclusive.
- Dufty isn't great at defusing kicks? OK, but turns out he isn't the worst either. Maybe we should make a play for Isaako who has a 7.3% better success rate at kick defusal.
- Hasn't had success at the Dragons in the last five years? How on earth is that Dufty's fault? You may as well sack the entire side based on that logic.
- Attitude? Raises this as an issue then makes the point that this is based solely on speculation.

I sincerely hope the Dragons didn't feed this drivel to Chammas.
X2

Latest posts