What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Petersen

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm a HUGE Petersen fan but I reall gotta give the guy a wrap his performance in the game was MASSIVE not only did he score two tries but he was very often sniffing around looking for an offload was very good under the high ball and nearly setup Burt with a 4th try. THere is one play in particular I have gotta wrap him on.

On one of Burt's tries (from memory his 3rd) The bomb was put through on Hegarty who was standing flat footed. Matt Petersen was the main chaser for the Eels. He jumps above and insider Hegarty blocking any view of the ball for Hegarty allowing an easy mistake and Burt jogging on the spot to pick up the crumbs and stroll over.

Morenito

Juniors
very true Peterson had a good game...i tihnk though everyone steped up tonite

perhaps the only player i cant think of doing something good thoughout the game was Graham?
i can only recall him diving out in the first half and overrunning a morris ball that went out 10m from our own line(but i tihnk morris did a crappy pass too)

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah. maybe Petersen and a couple of the other players go a bit of a hurry up with all the recent signings and Grothe's nearing return to the top grade.

Graham was solid defensivly while he didn't do anything really spectacular he also didn't stuff up in any major way.

Morenito

Juniors
Yeh true...i havnt seen Graham do anything though really
has he scored a try for us yet?

besides one against brisbane i think that wasnt even a try! :roll:

Morenito

Juniors
Ohh yeh i remember now

I tihnk when Grothe comes back though .... out of Peterson and Graham
i think graham will be the one to go

i like the guy....just still tihnk his finding his feet back from his aweful injury

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I agree Sideshow does deserve a wrap. I have been a critic in the past, but what I have noticed is he always gives 100%. Sometimes this makes him look bad when others around him don't. Especially in defence in the past, I have been critical when he comes forward out of the line, but maybe if others came up with him like they did on Saturday night it would solve alot of problems.

Well done Petersen.

yy_cheng

Coach
Just on enthusiasm alone, I would pick Side Show. I know he is heart-attack material but he is really a good finisher and great from dummy half with quick play the balls. Sometimes I am amazed at how he can contort his body to at least get the ball down over the try line.

I like Graham too but he is not a winger. Too slow at the moment. Someone bagged him about throwing a long pass to Petersen on a kick return but I thought it was a good ploy. Graham should be groomed into a ball playing second rower or lock (like Scott Hill) but then we have too many good backrowers.

But at this point in time, I would have Petersen on the wing ahead of burt and graham. Of course Grothe on the other wing.

bartman

Immortal
Graham's a good centre when he's fit and has his skills and confidence back. He's also a good utility back, and is doing his best with what he's got at the moment on the wing until Guru comes back.

fish eel

Immortal
Graham's a good centre when he's fit and has his skills and confidence back.

One thing about Graham on the wing, I think he can throw wonderful passes. This is wasted with him on the wing.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Graham's a good centre when he's fit and has his skills and confidence back.

One thing about Graham on the wing, I think he can throw wonderful passes. This is wasted with him on the wing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tahu playing OUTSIDE graham next year...... ;-)

Utey

Coach
Graham is a good back i remember last year he really did impress me. But not as much as mr mckinnon. His deadset the best back going around today.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I also remember Graham being outstanding at fullback last year - he chimed into the backline so well, making long runs downfield from short passes.

With him playing on the wing this year we haven't really seen much of that though.... (he did it once against the Warriors) - and with his pace being significantly less than it was last year it's not really helping!

I'd like to see him go back to Premmies and play a couple of games at center (4 jersey) and bring him back there this year instead of Burty!

Utey

Coach
burt might not be suited to centre but his trying and his a lot better at times then graham. Graham will never be back to his best and if he does its gonna be a long wait. Like to or not Burt was the key to winning. He defended well so give him a break. Just because Peterson is playing well u need to bad someone else. We beat teh roosters you cant demand more than that.

Latest posts