What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Rogers is a f**k

Kris_man

Bench
how can you say that the union backs are the same as league's??? the union backs are way too slow, they'd probably only cut it as back-rowers in league.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Put it this way. If Anasta crosses to Union he is practically guaranteed a Wallabies guernsey and he didnt heven play rep footy this year. Would Elton Flatley or Stephen Larkham waltz into a blues, maroons or kangaroos side if they switched codes?

WT2004

Juniors
Players converting to rugby union will continue to happen until we either get rid of David Gallop or he wakes up n realises what needs to be done.

"Rugby league isn't breaking any records as far as the way the game is going, they are not expanding and they're staying pretty much how they are.

That statement is due to some extent, they r expanding but whats the NRL doing nothing. Time for Gallop to go

Surely

Post Whore
Sailor is on the bench, and he is only there to save face for the gooses that signed him..

Union backs too slow ... f**king rubbish, take your coke bottle glasses off.

I didn't even mention Larkham before, but he would kill it in league ..

As for the forwards, they do more running in union .. I suggest you watch a game sometime !

Moffo

Referee
:lol:

What a joke

Once again, the ARU use Rugby League for attention. Once again, during a time when the NRL have big events coming up and the ARU has sweet f**k all. How pathetic and predictable

Rogers is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the ARU. What a pathetic individual he has become.

Forwards do more running in union??? FFS, thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Larkham wouldn't kill it in league. He would get way too hammered.
But you blokes are very very one eyed but then again thats what being a supporter is all about.
Gituea would be good in league.
Whoever said that Union backs are too slow is a moron. They are just as quick as Leaguies. I betacha Rupeni Caucauinbuca could outpace Matt Rieck or Matt Cooper.
I like both sports but i can understand why Union is hated.

But League is still the superior code by a long way.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Surely mate, I play both and in League as a foward you do 1000000000xs more running than union. In League you have to get ther in union you semi don't.

shiznit

Coach
im with dragon on this.
i think hes spot on, im a kiwi and i see this whole thing from a neutral point of view.
what rogers and sailor have been saying is disgusting. they have no respect for the sport that made them what they are. you dont really get Union people ripping off League people over here. or vice versa. theres no need to, they both have there strong points. i love both codes.

as for people thinking that union forwards do nothing, how about you play the sport before you open your mouths. ive played both, and both at quite high levels. in union im an openside flanker, which means i have to be the 1st one to every ruck so i can contest for the ball. every fricken ruck i get cleaned out. mate, when i went to playing league i was playing the whole 80 minutes easily. after playing 80 mintutes playing as a union number 7 your totally buggerd!! your ribbs are bloody black and blue and you have ruck marks all over you from cheap shots in the ruck's.

playing league has put my defence in good stead. one on one defending is alot easier after youve played league. to any union players that have problems with there defence i suggest you play league. as far as ball skills go, league is brilliant. on a league field theres no where to hide. where in rugby you can pick on the fatty's up front if you get open space.
but just because there props doesnt mean there fat or anything. hell, Kacce Meuws would make most rugby league front rowers look like jenny craig inductee's.

as for backs that could play league.......
Rupeni Caucau
Carlos Spencer
Sam Tuitupou
Tana Umaga
Joe Rocokoco
Ma'a Nonu
Rico Gear
Matt Getau
Clyde Rathbone
Stirling Mortlock
Dewett Barry
i can go on for ages........

Stomp

Juniors
What else can Rogers do? Eh, wanker! :lol:

I think with the money the ARU has, they may be poaching a few players.

The ARU are also after Bulldogs half Braith Anasta when his contract is up in 2006.

Stomp

I like both sports
While Rogers should talk up union if that's how he feels, he doesnt have to be a dick about it by doing so at the expense of league.

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmmm I may just be cynical but any co-incidence this comes in the lead up to the finals :-s

General Knight

Juniors
Rugby Union = stupid sport

What kind of game requires a player to run at the line and when he gets there turns around to put the ball back. Thats just dumb, there is no skill involved what so ever. As for the comment about union being quicker than league, all i can say is that it is an utter piece of crap. During the World cup, i think it was australia vs New zealand, i actually timed the duration the ball was in play for the first half and it added up to something like 23 minutes. C'mon 23 minute out of bloody 40! Thats pathetic, all union players do is run and roll back. Very stupid.

Booyah

Bench
As for the forwards, they do more running in union .. I suggest you watch a game sometime

And I suggest you play a game.

I play both and there is absolutely no way in hell I do more running in Union then League. In League you have to constantly keep running up and back in the defensive line, and then you have to hit it up.

In Union, a front-rower can go through the whole game and only touch the ball once, and make 3 or 4 tackles.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Booyah said:
In Union, a front-rower can go through the whole game and only touch the ball once, and make 3 or 4 tackles.

Not to mention the big difference in how tackles are effected.

Surely

Post Whore
What grade r u playing ..

To say union forwards lack the fitness of league forwards is absurd .. we could have this argument all day, but if you want to have a look at sailor .. do you think he has made the grade in union, I don't.

Rogers, he goes well ... when he is on the field

Tuquiri .. Good, but nowhere near as good as Roff or Rathbone.

McGoldrick ... a real success

Blacklock ... need i say more.

Thorn .. went ok, but if league forwards are so much better he should have been a superstar !

OVP

Coach
"Rugby league isn't breaking any records as far as the way the game is going, they are not expanding and they're staying pretty much how they are.

Matt Rogers, take a bow son. :clap: :clap: :clap:

f**k you News Limited ... get the f**k out of our game.

I think its about time the NRL responded to this crap Rogers goes on about.

A few NRL players should come out and explain the areas Rugby League is growing in. COme out in public and tell sports fans "He's talking ****".

Maybe Andrew Johns could do it. Wouldnt the union types love that!

Hazy

Juniors
Booyah said:

... and this means he doesnt run? fantastic logic there.

Flankers? Locks? Nup, no running there, they just walk to the break downs to look after the backs.

GMAB