What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Rogers is a f**k

eastsrule

Bench
Taiwan RL fan said:
Mortlock?????

he is the most overrated player in RU. Would struggle to make an NRL team.
Rathbone would be fine.
Morley would finish Larkhams career in about 3 secs (with a fair tackle) if he unwisely chose to run the ball vs the roosters.

Forwards running??? Bill Young, Baxter, Giffen......????? Surely you jest.

Someone with a screen name in reference to International Rugby League. HA.

Mortlock is not overrated. The only player that could have done what Mortlock did in the WORLD CUP semi final would be Ryan Girdler, and even if it was Girdler, he would do his hamstring 10m before the line. Fitter, my ass.

miketyson

Juniors
League requires shitloads more fitness...

I can just see mat dunning running up and down the wanda sandhills for preseason training ...

This is what ex warratah sam harris had to say ...

"I'd never done anything like it before in my life," he said. "It's sort of sugarcoated in rugby, we'd have one hard session on the Monday or Tuesday and then ease back for the rest of the week - and that's in the pre-season.
"But last year with manly, it was just one hard day after another after another, and within three months I could see my body shape changing.
"It was excruciating but the reason I came to league was because I wanted to become stronger, fitter and faster, and even if I wasn't that successful it wouldn't have really mattered because I've done those things."

That sums it right up for me..

BuffaloRules

Coach
In Union the ball is in play about 40 minutes of the game.

The rest of the time is spent on penalty kicks, waiting for line outs, packing and repacking scrums.

When someone wants a rest, a forward ' takes a knee" and the whole game stops...

Matt Dunning wouldn't last five minutes playing league....

JK

If anyone thinks that union forwards are fitter than league let me present exhibit A

This is a representative forward in union

Matt_Dunning_large_image_2.jpg

The prosecution rests your honour

eastsrule

Bench
That sums it right up for me..

That's because he went from being an outside back in Union, where speed and agility is mroe important, to becoming a forward hit up merchant.

In Union the ball is in play about 40 minutes of the game.

Yes he would. 5 minutes on, 10 minutes off, 5 minutes on again. Interchanging you idiot.

You are stating that as a fact, so can you direct me to any proof. Or any research done into how long the ball is actually in play...

When someone wants a rest, a forward ' takes a knee" and the whole game stops...

In League when someone wants someone suspended they go down with a broken nail. :roll:

Matt Dunning wouldn't last five minutes playing league....

shiznit

Coach
Funny how you all use Matt Dunning in your examples. like i said before...
if you dont know what your on about then keep your mouth shut.

miketyson

Juniors
hahahah .. He would deadset have a heart attack playing in the NRL have a go at him.. He has 8 chins HAHAHAHAHAHA .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK

shiznit said:
Funny how you all use Matt Dunning in your examples. like i said before...
if you dont know what your on about then keep your mouth shut.

:lol:
Reading your contributions I suggest that you shut it fast!

miketyson

Juniors
"I'd never done anything like it before in my life," he said. "It's sort of sugarcoated in rugby, we'd have one hard session on the Monday or Tuesday and then ease back for the rest of the week - and that's in the pre-season.
"But last year with manly, it was just one hard day after another after another, and within three months I could see my body shape changing.
"It was excruciating but the reason I came to league was because I wanted to become stronger, fitter and faster, and even if I wasn't that successful it wouldn't have really mattered because I've done those things."

Why don't you guys try and breakdown this comment..

:D

eastsrule

Bench
Don't be a bunch of hypocrites. Mat is saying Union is harder and better and that is a "discrace" and a "bunch of lies".

Maybe Sam is just sucking up to Des, last time I checked Sam was struggling to make First Grade?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Easts tool - you time how many minutes were spent lining up penalty shots in the last Bledisloe cup game in Sydney and come back to me... :lol:

Tighthead

Mat Rogers is employed by the ARU - take what he says about rugby league with a grain of salt. By the same token, Sam Harris is employed by the Manly Sea Eagles - take what he says about rugby union with a grain of salt.

JK

eastsrule said:
Don't be a bunch of hypocrites. Mat is saying Union is harder and better and that is a "discrace" and a "bunch of lies".

Maybe Sam is just sucking up to Des, last time I checked Sam was struggling to make First Grade?

Maybe he will go back to union and have an easier time of it?

In any case forwards making a league-union switch will initially be killed scrummaging but will have better fitness for a while. Of course there are different skills - dir! - but the superior fitness in league in very obvious and the fact you need to come to a league page to debate it is pretty pathetic. If you like union so much go and discuss it amongst your fellow old boys :arrow:

eastsrule

Bench
BuffaloRules said:
Easts tool - you time how many minutes were spent lining up penalty shots in the last Bledisloe cup game in Sydney and come back to me... :lol:

Why should I? You are the one who claims that the ball is only in play for 40 minutes of a Rugby Union game.

Until you prove it, I suggest you go get a haircut, shave, purchase some deodorent and perhaps a shower won't go astray.

BuffaloRules

Coach
eastsrule said:
BuffaloRules said:

Why should I? You are the one who claims that the ball is only in play for 40 minutes of a Rugby Union game.

40 minutes is being generous....

The Bledisloe cup game would have been less... :lol:

JK

shiznit said:
now let me present Exhibit B
MR Mark Tookey
59063.jpg

:lol:

Does he play for his country?

No.

Does he struggle to make 1st grade?

Yes.

Sorry your honour but we can't have this case while the defence is trying to convict their own client!

eastsrule

Bench
I hope laughing at your own jokes improves your self esteem Buffalo. And as for JK, if this superior fitness is so obvious, why do most forwards only play around 40 minutes a game in League.