What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Shirvington joins Dragons

PeterMudgee

Juniors
Great to see advanced thinking but
whats the background of Andrew Gray
which is more important seeing that we
are losing the calibre of Jeremy Hickmans.

Minh

First Grade
put him on the wing

Remember Darren Clarke for Balmain, Although I think Shirvington would be better suited somehow. Just kick to the open space imagine what kind of head start he can give our footballers maybe 10-20 metres for the real quick ones, 50 metres for the meatheads.

watatank

Coach
I have read it a few times now.....about Dragons not holding on to Tariq Sims. Not too sure, and someone will surely correct me if wrong....but I believe he was signed by Broncos from Group 7 team Gerringong Lions, and never played with the Dragons or Steelers junior teams.

Not true, he played for the Steelers.

I don't think he was a standout at that age though, certainly not compared to his brothers (at same age) so I don't think it was seen as a huge loss at the time.

watatank

Coach
Great to see advanced thinking but
whats the background of Andrew Gray
which is more important seeing that we
are losing the calibre of Jeremy Hickmans.

Well, he was one of the only people that survived the post-Brown era, which says a lot IMO. Gasnier had this to say about him

While Ricky has been the face for much of our campaign, there is one bloke behind the scenes who will be instrumental for us - and his name is Andrew Gray. He has been the Dragons' physio since 1999.

He's done work with English Premier League powerhouse Chelsea, the Australian Rugby Union, the English rugby union. He is a man very much in demand.

This week though, he is the man charged with the responsibility of getting our injured players such as Jamie Soward, Kurt Gidley, and the rest of them, to the State of Origin field next Wednesday night.

When I returned from playing rugby union in Paris, he trained me before I signed with the Dragons.

He also trained with me. He's not afraid to do the hard work with you.

The Blues fans should feel very comfortable knowing that our injured players are in the safest and the most capable of hands.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...d-for-the-future/story-e6frfghx-1226084520602

Latest posts