What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Head or Jamie Lyon

Vicious

Bench
In my opinion we should be making an offer as big as possible to either Matt Head or Jamie Lyon as a replacement for Scott Prince. No doubt about it, Scotty Prince has been a huge part of the teams success over the past year or so and therefore we desperately need a class player to replace him.
A recent newspaper article reported that the Dragons are only offering Matt Head $250,000. Being from a newspaper it`s more than likely crap, but if it`s true, that is a very ordinary offer for a player of his calibre, when he actually gets on the field he is without doubt one of the games elite. In my opinion $450,000 is more like what he`d be looking for and what he`s worth as long as a clause in his contract states that he has to play a certain amount of games to get the full figure. He`d no doubt be my number 1 choice, but if it wasn`t looking like we could sign hum i`d go for Jamie Lyon. I realise he`s not a halfback, but he has made it clear that he wants to play 5/8 permanently for whoever he signs with and therefore i`d happily move Benji to halfback and let him have more control over the side to accomodate Jamie Lyon. And YES i do also realise that Benji is at his best out a bit wider with space to move, but halfbacks and 5/8`s are constantly chopping and changing thses days and i`ve watched Jamie Lyon play a few games at 5/8 for St Helens where he often got into first receiver. On top of all this Lyon is now a leader with a very competent kicking game.
Either Matt Head or Jamie Lyon i`d be happy with as long as we also sign a fringe halfback who could be a capable fill in, Michael Witt would fit this description perfectly as would Blake Green from Parra.

boonboon

Juniors
One of Matt Head or Jamie Lyon is what is needed

Along with this one of Micheal Monagahan, Travis Burns or John Morris or someone similar , not a Witt they have been talked up as the next Johns brothers and they are if Jim Beam cup is the top level of football

Vicious

Bench
boonboon said:
One of Matt Head or Jamie Lyon is what is needed

Along with this one of Micheal Monagahan, Travis Burns or John Morris or someone similar , not a Witt they have been talked up as the next Johns brothers and they are if Jim Beam cup is the top level of football

This would be ideal, but there`s no way possible that we could afford either Head or Lyon as well as a quality back up player as you`ve mentioned. The 3 players you`ve mentioned are all worth in between $200,000 and $250,000 per season, far too costly for a back up player.

colonel_123

Juniors
I wouldn't be too worried about a back up. Caldwell will be ready to play premier league next year and will be a worthy back up.

Monaghan, Morris and Burns are playing first grade at the moment. Why would they come to Wests to play back up in premier league?

Balmain_Boy

Can't agree on Lyon. Lyon and Marshall in the halves would be a disaster waiting to happen. All we need is a solid organiser, though a class act like head would be ideal.
1) Head
2) Finch (Pending a release)
3) Monoghan (Pending a release)
4) Morris (Pending a release)

Would be my preference.

Vicious

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Can't agree on Lyon. Lyon and Marshall in the halves would be a disaster waiting to happen. All we need is a solid organiser, though a class act like head would be ideal.
1) Head
2) Finch (Pending a release)
3) Monoghan (Pending a release)
4) Morris (Pending a release)

Would be my preference.

Morris is no organiser, haven`t you watched Parramatta play???
You`re telling me you`d rather John Morris than Jamie Lyon??? Lyon has a better kicking game, is a better ball player and can beat a man at will. I wouldn`t be too unhappy with Finch or Monaghan, but Morris as our number one halfback would be a disaster.

innsaneink

Referee
Dream on....wasting key taps here, Head or Lyon wont be with us next year, & you all know it.

We dont buy top shelf, we go the specials basket.

Balmain_Boy

mulvihill said:
Morris is off contract.
And according to someone who should know it's virtually a done deal
I read he's got a get out clause.

Which I suppose reads the same as off contract.

Vicious

Bench
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
Matthew Head is barely able to play football consistantly for a few weeks without getting injured - why would we want that?

Injuries can be fixed, it`s next to impossible to turn a player that lacks class into a class act.

innsaneink

Referee
13 games in a season and a half...f**k, even Benji has a better batting average, asking for trouble...and you know its all a waste of time..so why bother.

colonel_123

Juniors
mulvihill said:
How many games did prince play in the 2 yrs before he joined us ??

Head would be a sensation for us

Two freak broken bones are very different injuries to a dodgy knee that may never heal.

I'd love to see Matt Head at Wests and playing at his best. He and Marshall would be a sensational halves pairing.

But it can't be denied that his injuries leave serious question marks over his ability to get back to his best.

Bench
colonel_123 said:
Two freak broken bones are very different injuries to a dodgy knee that may never heal.

I'd love to see Matt Head at Wests and playing at his best. He and Marshall would be a sensational halves pairing.

But it can't be denied that his injuries leave serious question marks over his ability to get back to his best.
I know what your saying,but Head is a class act,worth the punt in my opinion.
As a by the way,the RLW player of the year in the Commonwealth Bank Cup or what ever its called,is on a scholarship to the Wests Tigers,and is a halfback.

mj

Juniors
mulvihill said:
How many games did prince play in the 2 yrs before he joined us ??

Head would be a sensation for us

That's true,Prince was seen as injury prone before he joined the Tigers so a change of clubs could mean a change of luck.

Sign Head!!

Latest posts