What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Head or Jamie Lyon

innsaneink

Referee
If Morris is who were after, then that to me is almost a secondary signing...if theyre thinking of going with an average half .....they need a first rate pack and should throw a stack at Asotasi

mulvihill

Juniors
Yeah throw a stack at him. He's only good for 2 drop balls and a dumb penalty per game. I'd be looking towards the shire for some forwards

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
Yeah throw a stack at him. He's only good for 2 drop balls and a dumb penalty per game. I'd be looking towards the shire for some forwards

Greg Bird is a match winner who can cover the back row and 5/8, he`s a superstar in the making. We need strong ball runners and there`s not many better than Greg Bird and Jamie Lyon. If we had theses two blokes hittting the ball at speed on the fringes of the ruck, we could play Ben Reynolds at halfback and he`d look like Andrew Johns at his best.

mulvihill

Juniors
So me and Tottie aren't the only ones who've noticed how well Bird is going. And he's off contract.Seems to have cut the stupidity out and is playing very well

Vicious

Bench
mulvihill said:
So me and Tottie aren't the only ones who've noticed how well Bird is going. And he's off contract.Seems to have cut the stupidity out and is playing very well

He`ll be the NSW and Australian lock this time next season if hes playing with the right club. We could re-sign Sam Moa for less than half what Roy Asotasi would need to be paid and i`m certain Moa will have similar impact.

mulvihill

Juniors
400k for asotasi. Anyone who wants to spunk that much on a 28yo for 3-4 yrs who drops that much ball is welcome to him. We should just put an offer in to ensure someone else has to pay more.

Wobbygong

First Grade
of course playing half is on the proviso that Benji's plasticine shoulders last more than about 6 weeks at a time.............

mulvihill

Juniors
Tell me how many games Head has played in the last 2 yrs if you are talking about injury prone players

Then tell me how many comps Matt Head has led his team to in the last 2 seasons

Thanks in advance

N.C.

Juniors
Move Hodgson to half and give fullback to McDonnell. Morris can warm the bench as a utility (don't forget he plays hooker as well as 5/8)...

Big forwards are over rated. We won the comp last year with a pack that everyone seemed to think was a little light on... Anyway I reckon Galloway and Gibbs will step up once Skando's gone. I'd say O'Hara is already there... If Harris sticks around he'll also be useful.

Wobbygong

First Grade
When I last checked Head's still playing this year and it's about who wins the premiership this year 2006 not who did a Steven Bradbury last season, and when I last checked little benji was goooorne for 2006 and so were your premiership aspirations.

Wobbygong said:
When I last checked Head's still playing this year and it's about who wins the premiership this year 2006 not who did a Steven Bradbury last season, and when I last checked little benji was goooorne for 2006 and so were your premiership aspirations.

Its ironic that you're deriding Benji for his susceptibility to injury when the nucleus of your side spends half the year on the sidelines.

BTW, the Steven Bradbury allusion implies that the teams who fell over were significantly better than the Tigers. But in reality, Parra were an average side with a strong work ethic while St George were overpaid primadonas. By the end of the year the most skilful side had advanced itself from a sea of mediocrity.

MOST SUCCESSFUL JOINT-VENTURE SIDES:

1. Wests Tigers 1
2. Northern Eagles 0
3. St George-Illawarra Dragons 0

The last two I arranged in alphabetical order. Both have been (were) abject failures. At least Manly had the sensibility to disband.

N.C.

Juniors
Wobbygong said:

I tend to go and watch the Tigers/Dragons games cause my best mate is a Kogorah boy (bless him)...

The last three I saw went like this:
1. Tigers d Dragons (almost a flogging).
2. Tigers d Dragons (qualifying final, victory was sweet).
3. Tigers d Dragons (grudge match, snapped back late by the Tigers, Barrett smashed).

It's not just about who wins the premiership, really, when you think about it... Cause only one team can do that each year... Sometimes it's all about what goes on in between...

Looking forward to round 24...

Wobbygong

First Grade
Tiger's no Benji = goooooooorne!

Proved it again on the weekend big losers to an understrength Doggies side!

weststigerman

Juniors
If you would rather we talk about this year.
Wests Tigers 24 Chokers 15. :lol:

We've beaten you the last three games. You've got nothing. Fu(k off to the chokers forum troll.

Latest posts