What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
might be giving him a bit much credit - it's possible, but TBH if that was his intent I don't see why he wouldn't give it to Lodge - surely other players wouldn't be upset at calling out a dwerp for being a dwerp

yep, he wasn’t afraid of saying Wayne spent more time thinking with his little head than big head in Newcastle haha

might be giving him a bit much credit - it's possible, but TBH if that was his intent I don't see why he wouldn't give it to Lodge - surely other players wouldn't be upset at calling out a dwerp for being a dwerp
Probably worried Lodge knew were he lived and might show up in a drug and drunk rampage?

Sanchez

Coach
You have to wonder, does Johnson message him each week saying "I'll be playing 7 this week Brownie", Aitken messages saying "yeah, nah, won't play centre this week Brownie", BMM texts saying "pay cheque arrived, but not feeling much like making an effort this week Brownie, extended bench for me"
I laughed way too hard at this

Why the f**k we will waste minutes on a scrapheap 32yo Lui in a dead season is beyond me

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's so piss weak. And a clear indication that we can't develop players, that we have to go to 32-year-old Dumanis Lui who is in FG.

Leber

Bench
The reason we have to settle for Lui, is because we are shit.

Nobody else wants to come here.

Tongue

Juniors
Kemp’s record wasn’t great, but he is an interesting listen in the mornings on SEN

Mitch Barnett, Fonua-Blake, Tohu Harris, Niukore, to name a few - all long term signings.
Dont toally disagree with Kemp, but we have some pretty high profile long term signings.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Good article here

Dylan is a very, very good analyst and writer. Nailed it. Obviously came off the back of a less than perfect person, O'Sullivan, who was given carte blanche to sign anyone he wanted - and as a shady character himself, had no issue with anyone coming our way as long as they could play football.

We need a Micheal Luck in our team, so badly. A Kevin Campion. Or 3. A hard as nails, give 110%, train 110% guy who vocally demands the same from his team mate. A good person, who gives everything they can to win football matches.

Meth

Staff member
I think Brown is playing devils advocate here. Almost sarcastic.
Honestly, Lodge was gone and is gone. Brown has no reason to dwell on it.
Lodge has history and sounds like he was been a kook.
No point Brown wasting anymore energy on it.

Yep, I think he was trying to play down the drama of Lodge's exit. However, he's made himself look a bit weak in the process.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Harris is that person, isn't he?
Problem is there's only one of him and he's been sidelined a while until last week. I think we're gonna miss CHT next year actually. seems like a mature, level headed guy and was really coming into his own as a player. Hopefully he comes back after his break.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good article here

That's a great piece. One thing I can't quite work out yet is Robinson in all this. On the one hand, its concerning when yopur owner has obviously poor relationships with powerful people in the game. But on the other hand when they're people like Peter O'Sullivan and Isaac Moses (another known snake) then maybe it's a good thing, and just evidence of someone who doesn't tolerate shifty dickheads. One thing I am disturbed about is how O'Sullivan's sketchyness seems to have been kept on the lowdown until recently, at least to us Warriors fans.

The Warriors have suffered more than any other club over the last 2 years due to Covid

Players being forced away from home and young fellas playing nearly zero lower grades, stunting their development. Add that in with the hiring then quickly moving on (Not the clubs call) of Gould and O'Sullivan and you have a heady mix that has seen them slide down the ladder pretty hard

Now this year you have 3 players opting out of going back to NZ and near constant rumours that your star fullback wants the same until he only recently came out and denied.

The fresh blood in next year is going to help but its going to be a long road back to any real success imo as their juniors are in a bit of a mess

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's a great piece. One thing I can't quite work out yet is Robinson in all this. On the one hand, its concerning when yopur owner has obviously poor relationships with powerful people in the game. But on the other hand when they're people like Peter O'Sullivan and Isaac Moses (another known snake) then maybe it's a good thing, and just evidence of someone who doesn't tolerate shifty dickheads. One thing I am disturbed about is how O'Sullivan's sketchyness seems to have been kept on the lowdown until recently, at least to us Warriors fans.
I remember when O'Sullivan arrived that people on here seemed very aware of what a sketchy f**ker he was, in particular with the connection to Hayson and being banned from being involved with the NRL.

Latest posts