What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthews and Ball results

parra piggy

Juniors
i was out there today great day of footy

harold mats
# 7 Daniel Galati lead the boys around all day, he was quite a workhorse in defence too. and he is only a lil fella.his nickname should be "troll doll". scored a double too

#4 Cecil Mackenzie, got a double should of been a hat trick but was unselfish and pass the ball to his winger , matthew fuimaono,over the try line.his 1st one he just bumped off about 3 players, and ran hard all day

#13 basil palaamo also got a double, his 2nd was sensational, troll doll put up a high ball, basil ran and jumped for bumped off the defender, did a pirouette, then ran 10 to score :clap:

other mentions to #15 Daniel Mahoney, ex 1st grade ballboy, lil blonde fella, he ran hard all day

other than that great team effort:clap::clap:

parra piggy

Juniors
sg ball

what an exciting game, it made my tail straighten!!!!

1st half the drag were all over us, we had trouble containing there big fellas, joseph Iosefo in particular. half time score 24 to 6

we owned the 2nd half. Our boys played hard and smart footy. They fought their way back and gained more momentum than a runaway train! From trailing by 22 at the half, the boys climbed their way to 28-24 with only 8 minutes left on the clock. Unfortunately lady luck was on the side of the dragons and they got one more try in with 4 to go to lead 30-28. Things got quite interesting with parra being pulled up for a forward pass, only to have the decision reversed due to a dragons player "touching" the ref. Parra fought to the end, but could not convert their efforts into points by the time the final siren sounded.

here's how they went:

#7 trent hodkinson turned it on and burnt those firebreathers, handy goal kicker too, only missed one#-o ,which hit the upright and ulimately cost us

#5 alex savaiinaea, how bout the legs on this guy, bigger than fui!
this is the bloke eelz"stoopidhead"47 has been refering to as blanka from streetfighter.he let in their 1st try, and was spelled between mid section of the game. when he came back on he was very hard to contain:clap: now to be called "alex the lion"

#10, 17 mannah bros. boy oh boy, or should it be giant oh giant!straight and hard the way it should be, john got a hand/wrist injury.

other mentions: #15 cameron speechley - little fella but plays his heart out. What a little terrier! #11 jason baitieri - drills more than a bloody makita!!! Defines the meaning of a hard tackle!

what a great day of park footy!:clap: :clap:

parra piggy

Juniors
Also a special mention goes to:

Ray Nasso - quote of the day "Great work touchie!" :lol:
Wellar Hauraki
Jarryd Hayne
Kris Keating
Kris Inu
Brendan Oake
Duan Poaneki

Who all turned up and cheered on our young boys! By the end of the SG Ball game they were all very vocal, however it wasn't enough to bring them home

strider

Post Whore
goodwork piggy - looks like u r becoming quite a reviewer

sounds like there's some good forwards coming through

and go the ex-ballboys :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
parra piggy said:
#11 jason baitieri - drills more than a bloody makita!!! Defines the meaning of a hard tackle!

His old man was a tough old bugger who could hit quite hard so no suprise there. Lovely bloke is Tas.

otag

Juniors
sg ball's number 14 might be in some sh*t from what i heard. a post try incident.

sg ball number 7 was tremendous like parra piggy said.

The no.11 from Harold Mathews his name is Ellis something looks to be a special one reminds of young Hindmarsh workrate wise and busting tackles. Also the 3/4 Mckenzie - the kid is so strong and the Fullback Gardner - has excellent footwork.

Sg Ball. Yeah Hodgkinson the half back has always been good...he played along side Hayne and Keating in the Mathews in 2004.

parra piggy

Juniors
otag said:
sg ball's number 14 might be in some sh*t from what i heard. a post try incident.

sg ball number 7 was tremendous like parra piggy said.

Luke Mottinelli

i think it was the try to put parra into the lead, he spun around and flung the ball over the fence pretty hard. right into the dragon supporters/familys

parra piggy

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
The no.11 from Harold Mathews his name is Ellis something looks to be a special one reminds of young Hindmarsh workrate wise and busting tackles. Also the 3/4 Mckenzie - the kid is so strong and the Fullback Gardner - has excellent footwork.

Sg Ball. Yeah Hodgkinson the half back has always been good...he played along side Hayne and Keating in the Mathews in 2004.

Ellis James

parra piggy said:
Ellis James

Yes that's Him Ellis James.....I'll have to keep an eye on that one!! Thanks mate.

That 3/4 Mckenzie in The Mathews is a gun too. The kid doesn't know how to get tackled.

parra piggy

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
Yes that's Him Ellis James.....I'll have to keep an eye on that one!! Thanks mate.

That 3/4 Mckenzie in The Mathews is a gun too. The kid doesn't know how to get tackled.

ellis is tall, skinnish and blonde hey?

and Mackenzie make it very easy to remember him, also with his 1st name too it just sticks in your mind

Utey

Coach
Parrasque said:
I played with Ellis James, he is not committed. Doesn't train and plays only when he wants

seems to be doing alright from what Ive read. Maybe why his still playing?

parra piggy said:
ellis is tall, skinnish and blonde hey?

and Mackenzie make it very easy to remember him, also with his 1st name too it just sticks in your mind

Yeah thats's him is skinny but for his lanky stature he makes great runs.

Cecil mckenize from memory:lol: and we have a basil in the mathews team too:lol:

Kornstar

Coach
Basil was great too

Gardner was the most impressive for me in Matthews and Joseph Mataele was probably my favourite from Ball.

Hodkinson didn't have a very good first half, his second half however was very dominant!

I thought both games were very good quality, not a real lot of dropped ball.