What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

matty johns, ian thorpe had words at logies?

knights 2004

Juniors
mate said he heard on the radio that they had words. matty said something about thorpies haircut or something (fair enough really) at the logies.

can anyone confirm?

Foz

Bench
Matt Johns as Matt Johns,Reg Reagan or Trent the flight steward?
Only a matter of time until he rubbed someone up the wrong way.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Anyone putting shit on thorpe's cut is a champ IMO
it was a shocker, terrible form

loved the blokes who came up and said something along the lines of "and congrats to this room's biggest comedian - thorpeys hair dresser" :lol: :clap:

RABK

Referee
I'm guessing as Reg...it will probally be a segment for thursday night. Myabe it was staged and if not will channel 9 show it?

Foz

Bench
I know its off topic but does anyone remember Norman Gunston.
He did interviews not to dis-similar to Reg Reagan.
They were very funny but guys from overseas had no idea what he was on about.
There was a guy in New York/L.A. (some American City) he was interviewing who chased him up the street and wanted to kill him.
It looked really funny but apparently it was real.
Can anyone remember the guy?

Anyway always thought someone would be after Johns one day.

Raider_69

Post Whore
steaming stormer said:
Anyone putting sh*t on thorpe's cut is a champ IMO

Hey, the bloke can swim, but I'm not a fan of him out of the pool. Fair dinkum... what sort of bloke advertises pearls??

my oath
if you want someone to swin, he's ya man
but outside that he struggles for form

fashion, pearls, that haircut
is it any wonder the entire world think he bats for the other team

^ Pando

retired
Foz said:
I know its off topic but does anyone remember Norman Gunston.
He did interviews not to dis-similar to Reg Reagan.
They were very funny but guys from overseas had no idea what he was on about.
There was a guy in New York/L.A. (some American City) he was interviewing who chased him up the street and wanted to kill him.
It looked really funny but apparently it was real.
Can anyone remember the guy?

Anyway always thought someone would be after Johns one day.

Don't recall that one, but I remember seeing Gunston ask Colonel Tom Parker (Elvis Presley's manager) about the 11 secret herbs and spices. The look on his face was priceless. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. :lol:

Foz

Bench
Gunston asked Paul McCartney how his fruit shop was going? (Apple)
McCartney loved him and invited him to all his shows.
Not everyone took Norman the right way though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Foz said:
Gunston asked Paul McCartney how his fruit shop was going? (Apple)
McCartney loved him and invited him to all his shows.
Not everyone took Norman the right way though.
lol. I remember that. I recall him looking at Linda and saying something like, "you don't look Japanese".

I actually had free tickets to one of McCartney shows at the Horden Pavillion. Norman Gunston was there and afterwards he was mobbed. I got his autograph but by comparison, very few were interested in getting backstage to get McCartney's autograph. For one night at least, Norman Gunston was bigger than the Beatles. lol

IMO, Reg doesnt come close.

Foz

Bench
I was at the Horden Pavillion Show too.
Norman was 2 seats in front of me.
Cant remember if it was Friday or Saturday night but they had these wrestlers carrying on out the front trying to sell their act to the crowd.
Captain Matchbox and The Whoopee band were the support act.

I reckon Reg tries to immitate Norman.
He even tries the singing career like Norman did.

Foz said:
I was at the Horden Pavillion Show too.
Norman was 2 seats in front of me.
Cant remember if it was Friday or Saturday night but they had these wrestlers carrying on out the front trying to sell their act to the crowd.
Captain Matchbox and The Whoopee band were the support act.

I reckon Reg tries to immitate Norman.
He even tries the singing career like Norman did.

Norman Gunstan, one of Wollongong's favourite sons!

^ Pando

retired
If memory serves me correctly, it was Gunstons parody of "I was made for loving you" that got KISS virtually run out of the country by the religious right ("they are poisoning the minds of the youth with their satanic music!!!"), vowing never to return. They didn't come back for 20 or so years either.

gunston_cover.jpg

Kenny

Juniors
Norman Gunston interviewing Guns and Roses at a press conference was priceless also. They loved him.

Thorpey has no sense of humour.

The Chaser guys made a joke about his hair on stage and today on Triple J they said he didn't show he could take a joke. At the after party one of them said "you can come on our show anytime" to which he replied "you've gotta be joking", and twirled around (hair swinging behind him was their description) and walked off.

Now even if you think it's stylish to have your hair like that, you've also gotta expect that people are gonna take the piss. Laugh along and play up to it and you're a champion, be personally insulted and you're a humourless wanker.

Parraren

Bench
Thorpe is bit of a joke (outside of the pool). He thinks he's some kind of fashion guru FFS :lol: Get over yourself Thorpie!

Latest posts