What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

matty johns, ian thorpe had words at logies?

^ Pando

retired
gaterooze said:
I always thought Ali G was like the "next gen" Gunston. Not a patch on the original though.

I was thinking the same. People were onto Ali G a lot quicker than they were onto Gunston.

Red and Blue Knight said:
I'm guessing as Reg...it will probally be a segment for thursday night. Myabe it was staged and if not will channel 9 show it?

Normally its not on my hitlist but definately is now, that would be awesome seeing dinner mashing thorpe go off!

Foz

Bench
Apparantly it was Matt Johns as Matt Johns V Ian Thorpe.
No Reg/Trent in sight. :shock:
Dont think it will make the footy show but knowing them they'll get Thorpe on.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Foz said:
I was at the Horden Pavillion Show too.
Norman was 2 seats in front of me.
He was about 10 rows in front of me. Paul McCartney introduced him to the crowd and Gary McDonald (Norman) he got up to acknowledge the applause. McCartney was obviously on the ball enough to know that the bloke was a local legend.

Sounds like we were at the same show Foz.

I have a live Frank Zappa album (FZ:OZ) recorded at the Horden Pavilion in Sydney in the mid 70's which has Gunston playing harmonica on a track on it :clap:

ozboy

Juniors
I just recently bought a Best of Norman Gunston dvd from one of those $10 tables at the local shopping centre.

The funniest man I have ever seen.

The interview with Keith Moon of The Who, with Moon calling him a f#$king Aussie wanker, and carrying on about how Australia is a nation of f#$king twigs, and ended up pouring an entire bottle of whisky all over poor old Norm, while Norm was just their spurring him on the whole time.

The interview with Paul & Linda McCartney with him asking questions about his fruit shop (Apple Records) and how it was going, and the inerview where he totally got under the skin of some famous Russian ballet dancer, and his collaboration with Frank Zappa, and I could go on forever.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. I'd like to get hold of that DVD ozboy. Good to see that we a Norman Gunston apreciation thread. lol
Might have to move this to the music forum.

iggy plop

First Grade
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
I have a live Frank Zappa album (FZ:OZ) recorded at the Horden Pavilion in Sydney in the mid 70's which has Gunston playing harmonica on a track on it :clap:

The Torture Never Stops!!!

bartman

Immortal
Norman Gunston/Gary McDonald is one very talented man, Matty Johns can only aspire...

Poor bugger has put up with bouts of depression all his life though.

Dog-E

Juniors
LOL...I keep hearing about 'Thorpey's shocking look' at the Logies.

Now - I wouldnt watch the Logies, if my undies were on fire, and that was where the water was at!...But - curiosity killed the cat and all that :? - so - does anyone have a pic of what was so wrong with Ian Thorpe that night???

Hari Kari

Juniors
bartman said:
Norman Gunston/Gary McDonald is one very talented man, Matty Johns can only aspire...

Poor bugger has put up with bouts of depression all his life though.

Indeed he is.
Made a great duo with the late Ruth Cracknell too on 'Mother and Son'

Foz

Bench
I caught a part of that AFL show last night and they had Shane somebody from Hawthorn interviewing a heap of people at the Logies.
Thorpe looked pretty much under the weather (and this Shane bloke mentioned Thorpe's hair as well).
No idea what time of the night Johns approached him but its probably just the drink talking and Thorpe had had enough.
Paul Vautin was lucky to be standing up.
How many did he have?
He actually spat part of his drink out when he tried to open his mouth.
Eddie Macguire said he'd send a copy of the tape up to the Footy Show Boys in Sydney.

m0j0

Bench
Dog-E said:
LOL...I keep hearing about 'Thorpey's shocking look' at the Logies.

Now - I wouldnt watch the Logies, if my undies were on fire, and that was where the water was at!...But - curiosity killed the cat and all that :? - so - does anyone have a pic of what was so wrong with Ian Thorpe that night???

Here's one:
thumb_logies48.jpg

Latest posts