What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty, Matty, Matty.....

Brimmer

Juniors
What's wrong with the coach putting a rocket up his players?

I hear Matty Elliot week in, week out with his over-positive approach. Does this make anybody else sick?

After the game vs Penrith... Elliot was upbeat... Even after the Sea Eagles game he still had "faith" in his players.... C'MON MATTY! They were crap! No other way to put it... Seriously one of the worst performances I've seen from the raiders....In a very long time....

I have played football myself for over a decade and nothing fires me and my fellow players more than the coach really givings us some curry! Sometimes you need it!

I see during the half time break on the TV Elliot sitting down in his chair and quietly giving his instructions. GET UP! SHOUT! REV THE BOYS UP!

IMO I believe half these players have to take a big look in the mirror. I feel that Canberra is not playing with any pride. Elliot has to bring the passion back!

Raider Ultra

Bench
From what I've heard, he went absolutely mental at the end of the game. A few tea cups and football boots would've been flying round the dressing room.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I don't think what Elliot says to the media is the same as what he says to his players.

Obviously when you are dealing with the media, you have to be a bit more careful in what you say, as they have a tendency to blow it all up and take it out of context. He may well get right up them during and after the game, but he won't always tell the media that.

Raider Azz

Bench
^ Exactlly. What you tell everyone you said to the players and what you actually say to the players are two completely different things...

hrundi99

First Grade
This is what I was trying to say before.

The press conference is not the be all and end all of his coaching. As with Smith he has a habit of keeping his cards close to his chest.

If I was playing under him I'd prefer to cop a spray from him directly than read it in the paper.

Brimmer

Juniors
#-o

You guys have made your point and I guess you're right....

though... the way they've been playing this year... they could do with a public spray...that's what I call motivation!

Look at the GOOD coaches.. they all do it... and have no problems saying it. Your Bennetts, Stuarts, the Matthews and sheedy's.... And usually the players respond....

Tik

Juniors
I agree, theres nothing wrong with giving to the players in public.
I reckon at the moment its just what they need.

I heard Metterson on the radio this arvo say something about how bad they played on the weekend, wish i could remember the exact words. Wonder why it had to come from Matterson and not Matty??

Freddo

Juniors
matty hates the media at the best of times. he just wants to be left alone to coach the side.

thickos

First Grade
Seems like Matty is going to need a new sidekick in 2005. Apparently Terry Matterson is odds on to get the Widnes job. This however, I will believe when I read the press release.