What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKinnon

Good old danny crancovitch ahhhh those were the days.

Micheal Ericsson, Joe Bartolo, Tullsen Tollett, Greg Drake, Mark Horo, Lee Oudenryan we were getting smashed by 70 every week.

Hurriflatch said:
It's only been in the last two weeks that McKinnon has faulted under the bomb, before that he was quite solid.

To be fair though those bombs were bloody awesome. Not only were they high as hell, but thay had beautiful twist on them. Even Lockyer or Hunt would have had problems with those one last night.

parralight

Juniors
Whatever Wade has been taking - we had better bottle it and hand it around !!! He has obviously sat down and thought that this was his last throw of the dice and it was up to him ...
I expect Wade to be the NSW SOO fullback in the next year or two.
Well done

Utey

Coach
His oneon one defensive is the best of anybodies in the league. He honeslty has gained confidence because he had something to prove. But Mckinnon does not look good in games where we lose 5 out of last 7. If i look back Mckinnon tries hard on them bombs but pressure gets to him. But been our best player since his come through and no way Burt could dfo a better job as his too small.

strider

Post Whore
I am deadset baffled by claims he's not good under bombs....he is as good as anyone.

If there are fullbacks around who NEVER drop them, then the bomb wouldn't be an attacking option....it is used against all teams....there is no player in the world who never drops a bomb.

Wade is great under the bombs!!!

scottyeel

Bench
I think hes awesome. Last year when the when someone went one on one with hodgson you just knew it was gunna be a try. Now you know wade gunna stop them. :D

Eels Dude

Coach
McKinnon is going great. I'm surprised by how good he is going exactly, I really thought he's have a few good games and then his form would drop, but his consistency has been outstanding. This bloke is one of the best fullbacks in the comp at the moment.

eelandia

Juniors
What a player - totally came from left field for me.

Those bombs were tough - especially with the gale blowing off the mountains. I think he was the best player on the field, and with Hindmarsh the best Parra has to offer this year.

I was spewing Burt got moved from fullback earlier in the year but Brians methods maybe are that mad after all. Both are playing well in their respective positions.

yeh hes great under the bomb, only really dropped any against the donkeys.
and hes gotta be allowed an off day after his form this year.

my only criticism is he really needs to work on getting the kicks on the full. if comparing hodgo vs mckinnon, brett is always (read: more often) getting the balls on the full, and when the other team is in our 10 or 20 hodgo positions himself surperbly in the in-goal. this of course mckinnon can work on, and i for one def would take him over hodgo any day.

Yes his been taking them but I believe he needs a bit more confidence under the high ball otherwise McKinnon ROCKS!!! HA HA Souths \\:D/

walker smith

Juniors
I think wade is a great team player and is just the type of fullback you need in a premiership winning team if you have dynamic centres and halves....however, i cant believe someone said they expect him in an origin jersey next year!!!

Even wade would concede that is a bit excessively optimistic......but nevertheless, i dont want to detract from what he has achieved in his return this year. well done wade.

Eels Dude

Coach
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him in origin. If he keeps going the way he is he'll be right up with a shot come selection time next yr.

Latest posts