What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McRae confirms Manlys attempted offload of Monas

lotti

Bench
Manly like every club has 3.25 million to play with. Monas ain't going anywhere and either is Witt.

Angry_eel

First Grade
^^ ye we know that but they certainly don't need witt thats for sure. even if they don't sign lyon.

lotti

Bench
is that sour grapes from an Eels supporter since Witt has realized some of his potential at Manly.

Angry_eel

First Grade
mate we didn't need him, thats why we let him go. he's playing sh*t there too. all of your success has been at the back of monagham. now get rid of monagham and you're of life support of orford.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
lotti said:
is that sour grapes from an Eels supporter since Witt has realized some of his potential at Manly.

:lol: :lol:

Ahh I'm going to go to bed a happy guy tonight, thanks for that good laugh :lol:

lotti

Bench
Monas isn't being released he's a Sea Eagle for the next 3 years. Witt has been playing well at Manly he's missed very few goals, it was just tactics that made Dessie drop him.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Sure it was, he's only a good goal kicker. dessie dropped him to see how the side performs without him. didn't make much of a difference him not being there. they only lost because of a referee stuff up.

lotti

Bench
wow a Eels supporter agreeing with ever single Manly one that was at Brookie on Sunday both Clarke and the Cowboys were booed off, the Sea Eagles on the other hand got cheers.

Alba

Coach
GO THA COWBOYS :D top game imo .. i cant wait to see them shine in the finals but anyways back to the topic.. PFT Monaghan wtf is wrong with management @ Souths man!! he is CRAP!

lotti

Bench
yeah but Clarke robbed Manly of a victory, he hates Manly and apparently he didn't even wait for one of the touchies. Anyway Monas is going no where talk about breaching the anti tampering rules Souths, you guys have a star player ever heard of Ben Walker? You won off his boot on Sunday.

Big Bunny

Juniors
lotti said:
yeah but Clarke robbed Manly of a victory, he hates Manly and apparently he didn't even wait for one of the touchies. Anyway Monas is going no where talk about breaching the anti tampering rules Souths, you guys have a star player ever heard of Ben Walker? You won off his boot on Sunday.

A handy backup halfback but you're obviously not familiar with how poorly he defends. On Sunday his defensive record lifted, however even at his absolute best he still missed 6-7 tackles. I'm glad he's at the club, just as I am about Moran's continued improvement, but Moran would develop better if we had a better option at halfback ahead of him than Ben Walker as our no.1 choice.

I'd be happy for Walker to continue to improve and prove my doubts wrong, but it's not a gamble worth taking when either Monoghan or Sean Long could be picked up and then allow us a choice.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Randall is also off contract this year.

Along with Hoppa,Harris and some PL nuffies I'm still weary as to how much room we have left. Especially after supposedly signing Robertson and looking at George Rose.

If the Lyon bs is true, you'd think Jamie would be cashed up enough by now and wouldn't mind playing for Uncle Noel for peanuts :)

King needs to be released though...He is rubbish, but unless we sign a PL forward or two our forward depth will be tested next year.

Best possible scenario -

1.Stewart
2.Alberts
3.Bell
4.Lyon
5.Hicks
6.Monaghan
7.Orford
8.Heckenberg
9.Williamson
10.Kite
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.Kennedy

14.Leuluai
15.Dunley
16.Bryant
17.G Stewart/Cuthbertson/Rose

lotti

Bench
we can get rid of Randall and Jase after those 2 we'll be able to afford Lyon and oh boy oh boy oh boy are we gonna be hot next year.

Nuffy

Bench
How exactly are Manly going to possibly afford Lyon.

Manly fans are in la la land if they think that hes not going to be the hottest prospect in 07.

You'll need 300k plus to even get him to think about signing, and unless you release Kennedy, you're no chance.

You've just signed Mona's and Orford for a combined 750k, your not going to have the cash.

Esoj

Juniors
monaghan may be contracted for 3 years but there are these things called releases ask ross about what a contract is worth. The club obiviously has some doubts about monaghan with the way his contract talks went and the fact orford was bought. I would say not everything is as good as roses between the club and monaghan.

Nuffy

Bench
Yes he might get a release but guess what, ANY club that signs him knows that Manly are up sh*t creek and therefore Manly will need to pay the bulk of his contract which is then still covered under the cap.

Your not going to get the quick fix that you think, you might free up 80-100k, which will not be enough to even talk to Lyon.

You will need to cut a big name other than Monaghan because other clubs know Manly WILL pay to get rid of him.

Bye Bye Kennedy in 07 I'd say, and then see how much performance you get out of your pack.

Latest posts