What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Release: Kids on Field Sunday

parrachilean31

Juniors
Its great news that the managment a parramatta is giving kidsa a chance to play on the field after the game and then later have a function at the auditorium .. This Great stuff from the new board this is a simple idea to do no much thinking but it will be great for the fans .. The question i ask is why the old board never had this idea in the first place ... This is little idea is going to start something very special a parra over the next couple of years ....What are your Thought

GO PARRA !!!!! 2009

Last edited by a moderator:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
probably an issue for the stadium trust moreso than the eels

security perhaps ?

The Colonel

Immortal
probably an issue for the stadium trust moreso than the eels

security perhaps ?

It is an issue for OH&S moreso than security.....though security plays a part as well.

Mind you if anyone does run out on Sunday cop a look at the two guys standing in the tunnel cringing in horror. That will be the ground staff....... I got blasted a few years ago when I first started on the event staff for walking across the field before the match...... I wonder how they will feel about two thirds of the crowd out there. :lol:

_goParra

Juniors
It is an issue for OH&S moreso than security.....though security plays a part as well.

Mind you if anyone does run out on Sunday cop a look at the two guys standing in the tunnel cringing in horror. That will be the ground staff....... I got blasted a few years ago when I first started on the event staff for walking across the field before the match...... I wonder how they will feel about two thirds of the crowd out there. :lol:

At the cricket grounds in the uk you are allowed on the ground at lunch, close of play etc. dunno why its such a no no over here

crocodile

Bench
Dunno what all the fuss is about. It's been going on at Brookvale for years and I've never heard of anyone being sued.

Rogue.9

Juniors
They said at the STH forum that they stopped a lot of things like this due to public liability.

Grass Nazi's!!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
A lot of clubs have started doing it this year who haven't in a while. I'd say the issue is safety and security issues. It's great clubs are allowing this whereas they weren't before. I can understand why they wouldn't though.

Yeah so, as everyone has said there was an accident during a half time competition a few years ago and the stadium was sued for negligence. So they haven't had any sort of half time competitions since.

As far as I recall, you have never been allowed on the grass at Parramatta Stadium directly after the game, so this will be a first, BTW Chillian 2 members of the "Old Board" are on the Stadium Trust that appears to be allowing this to happen.

Lastly for the PMF, there were a few years were we didn't get any PMF's last year we had one on a Sunday and that was a cumulative sort of thing as we had 2 Sundays in a row at Parramatta Stadium vs the Storm and then the Panthers, the PMF was after the Panthers game. At that function Steve Edge said that more would come should the Eels get another game on a Sunday. The club didn't get another Sunday game.

Once again this year there were 2 PMF's before or just after the election, one was a new PMF for Members only at ANZ Stadium after the Bulldogs game. The other after the Eels game against the Rabbitohs again at ANZ Stadium, but the players didn't attend after the Match so the function was just for the fans to mix and mingle.

With the Post Match function against the Broncos the club got his first chance to host a Post match function on a Sunday after a home game, and well do so again this weekend.

For mine and I have said this before. Things started to change at this club when Andrew Hill was made the Football Operations Manager replacing Greg Mitchell. I know there were many on here that were not Massive fans of Greg, and although I meet him on several occasions I can't really tell you what he did at the club. But 2 weeks after his departure, we got our First PMF in 3 years. I know there are also some that are not massive fans of Hilly, and that is there prerogative, but still I would credit his appointment with a raft of changes that happened in the Back half of last year and continued into this year.

The Part where you should be congratulating the New Board is with the PMF happening on the Friday Night against the Panthers. This is a massive change, The Last time I can remember something like this happening was in 1999 or 2000 when we had the "Eelite" Young Members club function at the then X-Cite Nightclub in the auditorium. I think it was for the Eels first Friday night game of the year at home, sometime around April. Eelite members got in free I think and the players joined them for some Dancing and Drinks after they had warmed down. (the Players were in the "Upstairs Lounge" for Drinks).

The Big difference between then an now is that then X-Cite was a standing event at the club and now the Auditorium is used for shows that night so it would appear that either the Clubs entertainment staff couldn't find a show to put on in the Auditorium that weekend or indeed there was instruction to not have a show on that weekend (or Friday / Monday Nights) to ensure the last game of the season Party could happen.

ElectricEel

Juniors
A lot of clubs have started doing it this year who haven't in a while. I'd say the issue is safety and security issues. It's great clubs are allowing this whereas they weren't before. I can understand why they wouldn't though.

I thought it was NRL wide. Ive seen it happen at a number of grounds.

Eels Dude

Coach
I thought it was NRL wide. Ive seen it happen at a number of grounds.

Yeah me and my mates ran onto the field after the Parra v Penrith match the other week up north. Great fun, we just tried to tackle each other. Ultimately it's up to the the stadium though.

The Colonel

Immortal
Kids On Field Sunday!
www.parramattastadium.com.au

Friday, August 07, 2009
00003565-image.jpg

In a first for the Pirtek Parramatta Eels children aged 12 and under will be allowed onto Parramatta Stadium from 10 minutes after full-time onwards at the Eels v Knights game this Sunday.
After the full-time siren sounds children are asked to wait for the second siren which will sound approximately 10 minutes after full-time.
When the second siren sounds children can make their way onto the field through the gates provided (please note that fence jumpers will be removed from the venue).
Children will then be able to run around on the field for 20 minutes. At the conclusion of the 20 minutes a final siren will sound and all children will then need to leave the ground and exit the venue.
Parramatta Stadium Trust encourages all parents and their children participating in this activity to act in a responsible manner at all times.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=19117

Rogue.9

Juniors
I hope they actually enforce the whole under 12 thing so the kids don't get trampled by teenagers or pissed adults.