What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melb still in denial

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I ask first up let what slide exactly?
Well the post obviously.

What else did you think I might be talking about?

And finally there was nothing miraculous about their re-signing of Smith, for the umpteenth time on these forums the Storm cheated, they rorted the cap, there was no miracle signings there were payments outside the cap.
And therefore, they wouldn't have the same squad. ie, no so-called back-to-back winning team.
Bman26 said:
Everyone but Simostorm knows this
I think you need to read the thread. Simostorm is not alone.

innsaneink

Referee
Well, they might still be the best team in the comp. They were the best last year, outside the rules yes, but they were still the best.

A cheating sprinter who illegally wins is still the fastest.

I agree with Cloudsurfer, the quotes are taken out of context and heavily exaggerated.

The best last year - conditionally

Possibly the best this year - also conditionally

A cheating sprinter who illegally wins is still the fastest.

All three are worth nothing

Loudstrat

Coach
lol....i've seen every one since 95 and 2006 is the only time I have thought anyone was robbed.
What YOU thought?

So you don't think Canterbury cheating the cap in 95 by signing Rod Silva was not wrong?

Parra were hopeless in 2009 GF, you're delusional
Lost by 7 points to a team with almost twice the value - after a dodgey penalty leading to a FG when the Eels were coming home. Real hopeless

Remind me how you lot went last year after pinching the guts of Canterbury's premiership pack again?

adamkungl

Immortal
What YOU thought?

So you don't think Canterbury cheating the cap in 95 by signing Rod Silva was not wrong?

I thought you were talking about the Grand Final itself. I have nfi what was going on in the background, I was a small child.

Lost by 7 points to a team with almost twice the value - after a dodgey penalty leading to a FG when the Eels were coming home. Real hopeless
They were poor for 60 mins. Parra had momentum but Parra fans go on like they were certain winners if it wasn't for that penalty. If Parra turned up in the first half they would have won.

Remind me how you lot went last year after pinching the guts of Canterbury's premiership pack again?
Terrible. But finished 4th in 08... How is that relevant to cheating or referees deciding grand finals?

Loudstrat

Coach
I thought you were talking about the Grand Final itself. I have nfi what was going on in the background, I was a small child.
Well then if you have nfi why post this?
lol....i've seen every one since 95 and 2006 is the only time I have thought anyone was robbed.
when I was giving examples as to why the dodgey calls against Melbourne were sad, not a thing to celebrate. Given your thoughts on the Storm I would have thought you might have agreed - not bagged the thought

They were poor for 60 mins. Parra had momentum but Parra fans go on like they were certain winners if it wasn't for that penalty. If Parra turned up in the first half they would have won.
Maybe, but games go for 80 minutes. So what is it - poor for 60 or piss poor for 80? Are you saying the final 20 and their comeback - with Fui's brilliant try - was so bad that it made them go from simply poor to PISS POOR????

And that somehow makes me delusional?

Terrible. But finished 4th in 08... How is that relevant to cheating or referees deciding grand finals?
Nothing - but if you are judging someone who was a big chance of winning a premiership up until a dodgey call 4 minutes from the end as being "piss poor" - one wonders what you think of the f*cking wooden spooners!!!!!!!!!!!!

meltiger

First Grade
Don't worry..you guys will one in the next decade.

WTF?

isn't he a Dragons fan?

lol

Loudstrat, dunno if attacking Les is the right way to go, from day 1 he has been one of the reasonable Storm people.

He certainly hasn't embarked on the sooky la la campaign many of them have used to cover themselves in "glory" this year.

He is right too, Melbourne will cop it from some quarters for years to come, regardless of how far under the cap they go. His Canterbury example is perfect, look at some of the stupid sh*t that gets flung at them even to this day.

Loudstrat

Coach
I know about Les and his at times painful adherence to common sense and respectability - it was a lonely grandstand he was in - I have been aware from Day 1 and praised hiom for it.

Melbourne might cop it from some quarters, but not ALL quarters. Big difference.

As for the sh*t that gets flung - stop and think about how long it's been since 1986, and what the cheating meant for us - and the trophy we were denied last year because of it. And how insensitive it is for us that a turd like Finch carries on like he does.

The crap cuts both ways, mate.

phonetic

Juniors
Everyone! Enough about Melbourne, it's finals time you know. The first time in years that these 4 beautiful weeks in September won't be stained by that cheating scum from Melbourne.

Rejoice!

Latest posts