What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Game

_Johnsy

Referee
Has anyone seen this guy ?
89536745.jpg

Big game indeed.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
One of our most satisfying wins of the year. The Dogs one would have been had it not been tarnished with so much controversy. I honestly thought Melb were going to win, but as usual this year, our boys have shown pride in the jersey unlike in recent years and "stormed" home to win. Melbourne had nothing, the douche Slater had nothing even though Soward actually kicked to him on so many occasions. We have improved so much since the first 10 rounds. Our boys show so much pride and passion when they play, such I have never seen in 18 years. Saints for Premiers In 09 and beyond!

silverex

Bench
I thought the win on Friday night was one of the most significant wins for the Dragons in recent history.

Not only did we come back from 4-12 down but it was against the Storm. Then we scored 22-0 on them to wrap up the match.

After being at the game on Friday night I came home and watched it again and then watched it again last night.

This one gets burned onto DVD for safe keeping. :D

grandorient

Bench
I know its a bit late to talk about now, but I thought the performance of our forwards was bloody awesome.

Eight forwards on the field at the one time, including the Big Dell and Scotty, and nine if you include Stanley; its a wonder Melbourne didn't put in an official complaint.

How good are these blokes going??? Jon Green impressed me hugely when he came on and I believe Saffy had a good game as well. But Ben Creagh, what can you say about this guy, superb, springs to mind. Prior and Young both had big games, as did Hunt, Costigan and Fien. Weyman and Poore, for the time he was on, had big influences and played like champions.

And yet, it was the backs who scored the points, apart from Greens great try, which was set up by a back anyway. Thats the way guys, hammer em in the forwards and let the backline do its job.

Does it sound like i'm excited, you betcha.

GO

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Great win, I'm still bathing in the afterglow :) The first 20 it was pretty close with the storm shading it due to the scoreline, the next 40 we bossed them around and the last 20 we simply owned the miserable pricks.

Go Saints

Big Norm

Latest posts